1. Vietnam to Cambodia
2. How to book tickets
3. Border crossings
4. Routes to Cambodia
5. Routes in Cambodia
6. Cambodia to Thailand
7. Book Tickets Online
Cambodia is the next of very interesting countries in Southeast Asia.
- Cambodia could be your next very interesting stop if you travel in Vietnam. The best and quickest way how to get to Cambodia from southern Vietnam is to go from Ho Chi Minh City. Moc Bai Bavet border crossing is about 60 km northwest of Ho Chi Minh City and it is the nearest international border to Cambodia from Ho Chi Minh City. This is the main border crossing between Vietnam and Cambodia, and there are various tourist buses to Phnom Penh via this border crossing. It is possible to take a Vietnamese-plated motorbike across the border at this international gate. There is no railway from Ho Chi Minh City to Cambodia, travel by train is not possible.
It is very easy to go from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh by bus or plane.
- Phnom Penh is the capital of Cambodia. It is the nearest and the largest city in the southern part of Cambodia. Phnom Penh is about 230 km from Ho Chi Minh City if you are traveling on the road. You can continue from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap (Angkor Wat), Battambang or Sihanoukville. You can also travel from Vietnam (from Chau Doc town) to Cambodia (Phnom Penh) by boat. Chau Doc town (Châu Đốc) is about 220 km from Ho Chi Minh City. So there are 4 options how to get to Cambodia from Vietnam: by tourist bus, plane, boat or motorbike. The most experienced travelers can also travel on motorbike to and in Cambodia. Read the instructions how you can go to Cambodia below.
✅ How do you get from Vietnam to Cambodia?
- There are 4 options how you can travel to Cambodia from Vietnam:
1. Travel by tourist sleeper bus/minivan (Saigon to Phnom Penh, Saigon to Siem Reap…)
2. Travel by plane (direct flights to Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Sihanoukville)
3. Travel by boat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh
4. Travel on motorbike (this way is for the most experienced travelers)
- There are 4 options how you can travel to Cambodia from Vietnam:
✅ Is it possible to travel from Vietnam to Cambodia by train?
- No, it is not possible to travel by train, because there is no railway between Vietnam and Cambodia.
✅ What is the most fastest way of transport from Vietnam to Cambodia?
- The most fastest way of tranposrt to Cambodia from Vietnam is to travel by plane. There are direct flights between big cities, e.g. Saigon > Phnom Penh, Saigon > Siem Reap, the most frequented air lines to Cambodia.
✅ How long is the flight from Vietnam to Cambodia?
- Flight from Saigon to Phnom Penh takes about 1 hour, flight from Saigon to Siem Reap takes about 1.5 hour, flight from Saigon to Sihanoukville takes about 1.5 hour. There are also various flights with stopover.
✅ Are there trains in Cambodia?
- Yes, there is a train of Royal Railway, but the railway network and train schedule is very limited. You can travel by train from Phnom Penh to Poipet (via Battambang) and from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville (via Kampot). In the future this railway network should grow. You can check Cambodia Railway Map.
✅ How do I get from Ho Chi Minh City to Cambodia?
- The most popular travel route from Saigon to Cambodia is to travel by tourist bus/van to Phnom Penh via Bavet border crossing or you can take a direct flight (there is no railway). You can also travel to Chau Doc in Vietnam by bus and from Chau Doc you can travel to Phnom Penh by boat.
✅ How much is the bus from Vietnam to Cambodia?
- Travel by tourist bus or minivan from Saigon to Phnom Penh in Cambodia costs about $11-18/pp. Travel by bus from Saigon to Siem Reap costs about $24-33/pp by tourist bus.
✅ Is it easy to travel from Vietnam to Cambodia?
- Yes, it is easy to travel to Cambodia from Vietnam. You can take a tourist bus via Bavet border crossing or direct flights from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh. You can also receive visa for Cambodia at Bavet border crossing or you can buy e-visa online on www.evisa.gov.kh.
✅ Can you go to Cambodia without a visa?
- No, you can not enter Cambodia without visa or e-visa and your passport. Tourists and business travelers may also obtain a Cambodian visa at the airports in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, and at all major border crossings..
✅ Where you can travel from Cambodia?
- From Cambodia you can travel by bus/minivan or plane to Thailand – Bangkok (via Poipet border crossing) or Laos – to Don Det/Si Phan Don or Pakse in southern part of Laos. Teoretically you can also travel via Thailand to Malaysia.
✅ What is the main border crossing from Vietnam to Cambodia?
- The main border crossing for travel to Cambodia from Vietnam is Moc Bai Bavet. This border crossing is about 60 km from Ho Chi Minh City. If you want to travel to Phnom Penh from Saigon, you will be traveling via this border crossing.
✅ How to move in Cambodia and how to explore this country?
- There are various types of transport in Cambodia. The most popular are various buses or modern minivans, it is also possible to book a private car/taxi or you can travel by train of Roayal Railway or you can use flights.
How to book and buy tickets + flights for Cambodia?
icon-angle-double-right You can book and buy tickets or flights and ferries for Cambodia (+ another countries in Asia) easily online. There are some trusted companies online, but there are 2 leaders in online booking service, fast processing, e-tickets, online support – 12go.asia and Baolau.
1. Search + Book tickets and flights for Cambodia at 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
- It is one of the best search and booking website for Asia, especially for Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia…. 12go.asia offers various well-known transport companies in Asia. Read the information before you book your tickets or flights online. 12go.asia has almost all the most frequented travel routes in Cambodia. Bus E-tickets acceptable in your smartphone (Recommended – print your tickets). You can read hundreds of reviews of customers.
2. Search + Book tickets and flights for Cambodia at Baolau icon-external-link-square
- Another popular search website for online booking tickets for travelers in southeast Asia, various transport companies, e-tickets and various countries: Vietnam, Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Philipinnes... Baolau offers almost the all most frequented travel routes in Cambodia + ferries to Koh Rong. (Recommended – print your tickets).
👮 Border crossing – Vietnam > Cambodia:
> Moc Bai (Vietnam) – Bavet (Cambodia) – The main border crossing between Vietnam and Cambodia > see map
> Le Thanh (Vietnam) – O Yadao (Cambodia) – Border Crossing > see map
> Tinh Bien (Vietnam) – Phnom Den (Cambodia) – Border Crossing > see map
> Xa Xia / Ha Tien (Vietnam) – Prek Chak (Cambodia) – Border Crossing > see map
> Vinh Xuong (Vietnam) – Kaam Samnor (Cambodia) – Border Crossing by boat on Mekong river > see map
BOOK a TOUR / ACTIVITY in Cambodia
Official government website for e-visa to Cambodia:
For your online e-visa to Cambodia (1 month, singley entry) you can use the official government website >>> https://www.evisa.gov.kh. If you will be traveling from Vietnam to Cambodia with this 1 month e-visa you can enter to Cambodia over the Bavet (Svay Rieng) border crossing. This is the most frequented border crossing from Vietnam to Cambodia, it is only about 65 km from Ho Chi Minh City.
Popular travel routes from Vietnam to Cambodiaicon-angle-double-down
Popular travel routes in Cambodia
Popular travel routes from Cambodia to Thailandicon-angle-double-down
Popular travel routes from Cambodia to Laosicon-angle-double-down
Popular travel routes from Cambodia to Vietnamicon-angle-double-down
Baolau – search, book, buy tickets, flights online
– a company specializing in train, bus, ferry tickets and flights mainly for Vietnam (also a tickets for Cambodia and Laos)
– company offers also a tickets of the bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Futabus, TheSinhTourist, InterBus Lines…)
– company offers flights of Vietnamese airlines, VietJet Air, JetStar, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam (eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Quan Lan, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Phnom Penh, ferry to Vung Tau…)
– you can use online train e-ticket in mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– you can select a seat or berth in the train in Vietnam
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– the final price you will see before making of payment transaction
– read other information about ticket in your order, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
12go.asia – search, book, buy tickets, flights online
– a specialist for train, bus, ferry tickets and flights mainly in Thailand (+ Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Laos…)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia…eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Rong, Koh Samui, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Phangan…
– from 2018 you can book train tickets for China online (Beijing to Xian, Shanghai to Hangzhou, Shenzhen to Guangzhou..)
– more information about trains in Thailand
– you can use an online train ticket in Vietnam and Thailand in your mobile phone
– if you buy a train ticket in Baolau or 12go for tourist trains in Vietnam to Sapa (Fansipan Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
icon-info-circle FAQ + Tips – Travel from Vietnam to Cambodia:
1️⃣ How to book bus tickets or flights from Vietnam to Cambodia?
2️⃣ How long does it take to get from Vietnam to Cambodia?
- Travel from Saigon to Phnom Penh in Cambodia takes about 1 hour by plane and about 5-7 hours by bus.
- Travel from Saigon to Siem Reap in Cambodia takes about 1.5 hour by plane and about 12-20 hours by bus.
- Travel from Saigon to Sihanoukville in Cambodia takes about 1.5 hour by plane and about 10-20 hours by bus/train.
- Travel from Phu Quoc to Koh Rong in Cambodia takes about 9-10 hours by bus/ferry.
- Travel from Hanoi to Phnom Penh in Cambodia takes about 2 hours by plane – direct flight.
3️⃣ How much does it cost to travel from Vietnam to Cambodia?
- To get from Saigon to Phnom Penh costs about $40-120 by plane and about $11-18/pp by bus.
- To get from Saigon to Siem Reap costs about $90-100 by plane and about $24-33/pp by bus.
- To get from Saigon to Sihanoukville costs about $100-150 by plane and about $24-30/pp by bus/train.
4️⃣ What is the travel distance from Vietnam to Cambodia?
- Travel distance from Saigon to Phnom Penh is about 250 km by bus/minivan and about 200 km by plane.
- Travel distance from Saigon to Siem Reap is about 600 km by bus/minivan and about 460 km by plane.
- Travel distance from Saigon to Sihanoukville is about 450 km by bus/minivan and about 370 km by plane.
5️⃣ What is the best and fast way of transport from Vietnam to Cambodia?
- The best and fastest way how to get to Cambodia from Vietnam is to travel by plane. There are various direct flights between Saigon and Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville or Siem Reap.
✅ What is the cheapest way of transport from Vietnam to Cambodia?
- The most cheapest way how to reach Cambodia from Vietnam is to travel by bus or private minivan. There are various tourist buses or private minivans between Saigon and Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville or Siem Reap.
✅ Is it possible to travel by train from Vietnam to Cambodia?
- No, there is no railway from Vietnam to Cambodia, it is not possible to travel by train. But there is a plan to build in the future a railway between Saigon and Phnom Penh. There is a railway in Cambodia, but the railway network is limited.
✅ Is it possible to travel by boat from Vietnam to Cambodia?
- Yes, you can travel by boat to Cambodia from Vietnam. There is a popular boat route from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh. Travel by boat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh takes about 5 hours. Chau Doc is accessible by bus from Saigon.
✅ Are there direct flights from Vietnam to Cambodia?
- Yes, there are various direct flights of various airlines to Cambodia from Vietnam. E.g. from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville or Siem Reap. Sometimes these flights are cheap and there are also low-cost flights.
✅ What are the most important international airports in Cambodia?
- The most important and biggest international airports in Cambodia are Phnom Penh International Airport, Siem Reap International Airport and Sihanoukville International Airport.
✅ Where you can receive E-visa to Cambodia?
- You can receive your e-visa to Cambodia online at the official goverment website: www.evisa.gov.kh.
✅ Where to go and travel from Cambodia?
- From Cambodia you can travel to Laos by tourist bus or plane or to Thailand by tourist bus or plane. One of the most frequented travel route is from Siem Reap to Bangkok (direct flights or bus). You can also go to Laos.
icon-arrow-circle-right Book bus, train, ferry tickets and flights in Cambodia + Schedule:
(You can change departure, arrival, date of deprature, e.g. Phnom Penh > Sihanoukville, Koh Rong > Sihanoukville…)
Hanoi to Vientianne｜Phn.Penh｜Motorbikes｜VungTau｜Bangkok｜Bac Ha｜Sapa｜Saigon to Phu Quoc｜Sihanouk｜Hanoi to Dong Hoi｜Airports