Cambodia is the next of very interesting countries in Southeast Asia.
Cambodia could be your next very interesting stop if you travel in Vietnam. The best and quickest way how to get to Cambodia from southern Vietnam is to go from Ho Chi Minh City. Moc Bai Bavet border crossing is about 60 km northwest of Ho Chi Minh City and it is the nearest international border to Cambodia from Ho Chi Minh City. This is the main border crossing between Vietnam and Cambodia, and buses regularly ply the route. It is possible to take a Vietnamese-plated motorbike across the border at this international gate.
It is very easy to go from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh by bus.
Phnom Penh is the capital of Cambodia. It is the nearest and the largest city in the southern part of Cambodia. Phnom Penh is about 230 km from Ho Chi Minh City if you are traveling on the road. You can continue from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap (Angkor Wat), Battambang or Sihanoukville. You can also travel from Vietnam (from Chau Doc town) to Cambodia (Phnom Penh) by boat. Chau Doc town (Châu Đốc) is about 220 km from Ho Chi Minh City.
👮 Border crossing – Vietnam > Cambodiaicon-angle-double-down
> Moc Bai (Vietnam) – Bavet (Cambodia) – The main border crossing between Vietnam and Cambodia > see map
> Le Thanh (Vietnam) – O Yadao (Cambodia) – Border Crossing > see map
> Tinh Bien (Vietnam) – Phnom Den (Cambodia) – Border Crossing > see map
> Xa Xia / Ha Tien (Vietnam) – Prek Chak (Cambodia) – Border Crossing > see map
> Vinh Xuong (Vietnam) – Kaam Samnor (Cambodia) – Border Crossing by boat on Mekong river > see map
Official government website for e-visa to Cambodiaicon-angle-double-down
For your online e-visa to Cambodia (1 month, singley entry) you can use the official government website >>> https://www.evisa.gov.kh. If you will be traveling from Vietnam to Cambodia with this 1 month e-visa you can enter to Cambodia over the Bavet (Svay Rieng) border crossing. This is the most frequented border crossing from Vietnam to Cambodia, it is only about 65 km from Ho Chi Minh City.
Popular travel routes from Vietnam to Cambodiaicon-angle-double-down
Popular travel routes in Cambodia
Popular travel route from Cambodia to Thailandicon-angle-double-down
Popular travel routes from Cambodia to Laos icon-angle-double-down
Baolau – search, book, buy tickets, flights online
– a company specializing in train, bus, ferry tickets and flights mainly for Vietnam (also a tickets for Cambodia and Laos)
– company offers also a tickets of the bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Futabus, TheSinhTourist, InterBus Lines…)
– company offers flights of Vietnamese airlines, VietJet Air, JetStar, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam (eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Quan Lan, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Phnom Penh, ferry to Vung Tau…)
– you can use online train e-ticket in mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– you can select a seat or berth in the train in Vietnam
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– the final price you will see before making of payment transaction
– read other information about ticket in your order, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
12go.asia – search, book, buy tickets, flights online
– a specialist for train, bus, ferry tickets and flights mainly in Thailand (+ Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Malaysia, Laos)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia…eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Rong, Koh Samui, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Phangan…
– from 2018 you can book train tickets for China online (Beijing to Xian, Shanghai to Hangzhou, Shenzhen to Guangzhou..)
– you can not use an online train ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– more information about trains in Thailand
– you can use an online train ticket in Vietnam in your mobile phone
– if you buy a train ticket in Baolau or 12go for tourist trains in Vietnam to Sapa (Fansipan Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
Book your bus, train, ferry tickets and flights in Cambodia + scheduleicon-angle-double-down