Phu Quoc Island – the most popoular tourist island of southern Vietnam.
- Krong Kampot to Phu Quoc Island – another popular travel route from Cambodia to the south of Vietnam. While staying on the island, you can visit several local nice beaches. Their common feature is white sand and turquoise water. Diving and fishing enthusiasts will also be satisfied on this site. The most popular is Long Beach, where most of the accommodation for tourists is located. Ong Lang Beach, on the other hand, is surrounded by lush trees and coconut trees bending over the sea. On the banks of the powerful Duong Dong River lies the city of the same name, it is also the largest city on the island. There are many beaches, temples, markets, fish sauce factories, a night market and pepper farms. Duong Dong you can pass in one day. A popular mode of transport is a taxi that costs no more than a few dollars. The best option how to explore this island is to travel on motorbike. There is only one way how to get to Phu Quoc from Kampot – by bus + ferry via Ha Tien port in Vietnam.
- Book your bus+boat e-tickets from Kampot to Phu Quoc online on Baolau icon-external-link-square
From Kampot to Phu Quoc Island you can travel by bus + ferry/boat.
- Travel distance from Kampot to Phu Quoc Island is about 100 km by tourist bus + ferry/boat via Ha Tien in Vietnam. You can travel by tourist bus/minibus from Krong Kampot to Ha Tien, it is the closest pier to Phu Quoc. From Ha Tien you can travel by speedferry or boat to Phu Quoc Island (Bai Vong Fast Boat Pier). Travel by tourist bus + boat/ferry via Ha Tien takes about 4 hours and join ticket (bus+ferry) costs about $20-30/pp. This travel route is operated by Champa Tourist Bus (bus to Ha Tien) and ferries and boats of Superdong or Phu Quoc Express (boat to Phu Quoc from Ha Tien). It is not possible to travel by train from Kampot in Cambodia to Ha Tien in Vietnam, there is no railway and there are no flights from Kampot to Phu Quoc. From Phu Quoc Island you can travel to various sites in Vietnam by plane (e.g. direct flight from Phu Quoc to Hanoi), because there is an international airport on this island. You can book and buy bus + boat tickets to Phu Quoc Island from Krong Kampot easily online.
How do I get from Kampot to Phu Quoc Island?
1. BUS + BOAT / FERRY from Kampot to Phu Quoc
A) TOURIST BUS from Kampot to Ha Tien
- bus company from Kampot to Ha Tien in Vietnam: Champa Tourist Bus
- travel by tourist bus / minibus from Kampot to Ha Tien takes about 1.5 hour
- bus ticket from Kampot to Ha Tien in Vietnam costs about $10/pp
- Ha Tien in Vietnam is about 50 km south of Kampot town
- Ha Tien in Vietnam is the closest/border town to Kampot
- Book your bus e-tickets from Kampot to Ha Tien on Baolau icon-external-link-square
B) BOAT/FERRY from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc Island
- travel by boat or ferry from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc Island takes about 1,5 hour
- port/pier in Ha Tien – Ha Tien port (Đường Kim Dư)
- port/pier on Phu Quoc Island – Bai Vong Fast Boat Pier (Cầu Tàu)
- one-way ferry ticket from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc costs about $10-18/pp
- ferry company from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc: Superdong and Phu Quoc Express
- recommended – if you can, print your boat ticket to Phu Quoc
- Book your ferry/boat tickets from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
icon-info-circle Travel route from Kampot to Phu Quoc Island – Tips:
How to book bus + boat tickets from Kampot to Phu Quoc?
- Book your bus+ferry/boat tickets from Kampot to Phu Quoc Island on Baolau.
- You can change your travel route, e.g. Kampot to Phnom Penh, Kampot to Ho Chi Minh…
How long does it take to get from Kampot to Phu Quoc Island?
- Travel by tourist bus+boat from Kampot to Phu Quoc Island (via Ha Tien) takes about 4 hours.
How far is Phu Quoc Island from Kampot?
- Travel distance from Kampot to Phu Quoc Island is about 90 km by bus+boat via Ha Tien in Vietnam.
How far is Ha Tien from Kampot in Cambodia?
- Ha Tien town in Vietnam is the closest city to Kampot in Cambodia, it is about 52 south of Krong Kampot.
How much does it cost to get from Kampot to Phu Quoc Island?
- Travel by bus+boat from Kampot to Phu Quoc Island (via Ha Tien) costs about $20-30/pp.
Is there a flight from Kampot to Phu Quoc Island?
- No, there are no direct flights from Krong Kampot to Phu Quoc Island, it is not possible to travel by plane. But Phu Quoc has an international airport and you can take a flight from Phu Quoc to various big cities of Vietnam.
Is it possible to travel from Kampot to Ha Tien by train?
- No, it is not possible to travel by train from Kampot to Ha Tien, because there is no railway between Kampot and Ha Tien towns. It is possible to travel only by train of Royal Railway from Kampot to Phnom Penh or Sihanoukville.
Where you can go from Saigon in southern Vietnam?
How to go from Phu Quoc Island to Vietnam?
- There are 3 travel routes how you can travel from Phu Quoc to Vietnam. You can travel by ferry or boat to Rach Gia or Ha Tien, or you can travel by plane to various places in Vietnam. There are also various low-cost direct flights from Phu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi, Da Nang.
How to book hotel or resort in Phu Quoc?
- Phu Quoc has various hotels, private beach resorts or luxury hotels and you can book this accommodation easily online. There are also cheap guesthouses, hostels for low-cost travelers and backpackers. It is a good idea to spend your time at the beach, there are many of these types of accommodation right at the beach.
- Search and book your accommodation: Book your hotel/resort in Phu Quoc (Discount up to 60%).
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your bus + boat tickets from Kampot to Phu Quoc Island:
(Book also another tickets and travel routes in Vietnam… eg. Kampot > Ha Tien, Ha Tien > Phu Quoc…)