Train to Ninh Binh Bus to Ninh Binh icon-map-marker Map of Ninh Binh icon-ticket Buy tickets
Ninh Binh is a good place for stop, when you go to southern Vietnam. Many travelers from Hanoi want to visit Ninh Binh town and nearby places (Tam Coc, Trang An, Cuc Phuong National Park..). Ninh Binh is 85 km from Hanoi. There is a beautiful karst scenery in Tam Coc and Trang An, Hoa Lu historic city and other interesting places to visit. For example Cuc Phuong National Park and Van Long Nature Reserve.
Ninh Binh – boat trips, historical sites and beautiful sceneries.
The boat trips in Tam Coc or Trang An Scenix complex take about 2 hours and here you will see many tourists and travellers and also very nice karst sceneries and historical sites. Boat rides and cycling in this area are the main tourist attraction in Ninh Binh. The best option hot to get to Ninh Binh is a train or bus (very cheap). It is not really a big problem to find an accommodation in Ninh Binh town and nearby places. Ninh Binh is also a good place also for a one day trip.
1. TRAIN from Hanoi to Ninh Binh
– trains in Vietnam is quite an interesting experience
– travel by train from Hanoi to Ninh Binh takes about 2,5 hours
– the trains are comfortable and refurbished, you can buy snack + foods
– see the Vietnam railways map (March 2017)
– there are about 5-6 trains every day of Vietnam Railways from Hanoi to Ninh Binh
– one-way cheap train ticket costs about 70 000 – 150 000 viet.dongs ($4-7 – soft seat)
– train station in Hanoi – Hanoi Railway Station (120 Le Duan)
– train station in Ninh Binh – Ninh Binh Railway Station (1 Hoàng Hoa Thám)
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy train e-tickets from Hanoi to Ninh Binh on Baolau or 12go.asia, secured online payment
– lots of tourists travel from Hanoi to the southern Vietnam – recommended – book your train tickets online!
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present when boarding the train
2. BUS from Hanoi to Ninh Binh
– yes, many buses run from Hanoi to Ninh Binh
– travel by bus from Hanoi to Ninh Binh takes about 2,5 hours
– bus ticket price is about 80 000 – 150 000 viet.dongs ($6-8)
– various bus companies – Hoang Long (trusted, certified company), Grouptour and many other smaller companies
– several buses go directly to Tam Coc or Trang An from Giap Bat station in Hanoi
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy bus e-tickets from Hanoi to Ninh Binh online on 12go.asia, secured online payment
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter of the station before boarding the bus
Bus of Hoang Long – come to ticket boot of Hoang Long (Hanoi Nuoc Ngam Station, 2nd floor) and present your voucher to change for bus ticket. PLEASE ARRIVE AT THE STATION AT LEAST 1 HOUR (60 MINUTES) BEFORE DEPARTURE TIME BECAUSE HOANG LONG MAY CHANGE DEPARTURE TIME AND WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MISS THE BUS IF YOU ARRIVE LATE AFTER THIS (more info on 12go.asia).
3. TAXI from Hanoi to Ninh Binh
– you can rent a taxi in Hanoi, price can be about $50-70 for one-way trip
4. ON THE MOTORBIKE to Ninh Binh
– it is very easy route on the motorbike
– recommended place for visit on this route: Perfume Pagoda (Chùa Thiên Trù)
– there are lots of motorbike rentals in Hanoi (1 day costs about 7-15 Usd)
– recommended rental of motorcycles in Hanoi: Rentabike.vn
icon-map-marker Ninh Binh – tourist map:
What is Baolau?
– a company specializing in train, bus, ferry tickets mainly for Vietnam (also a tickets for Cambodia and Laos, Thailand)
– bus tickets of various companies in Vietnam, Cambodia… (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, Futabus, InterBus Lines…)
– flights of Vietnamese airlines, VietJet Air, JetStar, Air Asia as well as flights to neighboring countries
– ferry tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Phnom Penh…
– you can use online train e-ticket in mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– you can select a seat or berth in the train
– certified company from Singapore – no cheaters and scammers
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– the final price you will see before making of payment transaction
– read other information about ticket in your order, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
What is 12go.asia?
– a specialist for train, bus, ferry tickets mainly to Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Malaysia)
– bus tickets of various well-known companies (Futabus, Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, Sapa Express…)
– boat/ferry tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Samui, Koh Rong, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Lanta…
– you can also select a seat or berth in the train
– you can use an online train ticket in Vietnam in your mobile phone (not in Thailand)
– if you order an train ticket in Baolau or 12go for tourist trains in Vietnam to Sapa (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
– if you buy train tickets for Thailand over 12go.asia, you have to pick them in the office: Bangkok (DOB building) or Chiang Mai (Bossotel)
– 12go can deliver these train tickets in Thailand, more information about train travel and trains in Thailand