1. Hanoi » 2. Ninh Binh » 3. Sapa » 4. Ha Giang » 5. Yen Bai » 6. Lai Chau » 7. Mai Chau » 8. Ha Long Bay + Cat Ba » 9. Moc Chau » 10. Cao Bang » 11. Dien Bien Phu » 12. Bac Ha » 13. Lang Son » 14. Son La » 15. Quan Lan » 16. Co To Island
icon-question-circle Frequently asked questions and answersicon-angle-double-down
1. What is the capital of Vietnam?
» The capital of Vietnam is Hanoi in northern Vietnam, the population in 2019 as per estimates is 8.2 million.
2. Which places are the most visited in the north?
» The most visited places in the north of Vietnam are Hanoi, Ha Long Bay, Sapa and Ninh Binh.
3. I would like to visit some ethnic markets, where to go?
» If you want to visit some ethnic markets you have to travel to these provinces: Lao Cai, Ha Giang, Cao Bang or Lai Chau.
4. Which trains serve the route from Hanoi to Lao Cai?
» From Hanoi to Lao Cai you can travel by regular trains of Vietnam Railways or there are luxury tourist trains.
5. How to travel in northern Vietnam?
» You can travel by trains, tourist buses, vans, minivans, planes or motorbike. Read this: Transport in Vietnam.
6. I would like to visit some beaches in the north, where to go?
» There are a few interesting beaches in northern Vietnam or some remote island, read this: Beaches in the north.
7. How long to stay in northern Vietnam?
» It is not easy to answer how long to stay in the north of Vietnam, but 1 month is optimal.
8. What is the most fascinating mountain pass in the north?
» There are a few fascinating mountain passes in the north, but one of these passes is in Ha Giang – Ma Pi Leng Pass.
9. How large is the railway in the north?
» Railway is not so large, and various places are accessible only by bus, motorbike, check it: Vietnam Railway Map.
10. What are the less visited provinces in northern Vietnam?
» The less visited provinces in the north of Vietnam are: Cao Bang, Lai Chau, Son La or Yen Bai.
11. We would like to visit Phu Quoc Island, how to get there from Hanoi?
» There are various ways how to travel, by plane or train/bus + speedboat, check it: How to travel to Phu Quoc?
12. Coronavirus in Vietnam, what to watch out for?
» What is the current situation about Coronavirus in Vietnam, health precautions, check it: Coronavirus in Vietnam.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: