Northicon-angle-rightSouthicon-angle-rightGoogle mapicon-angle-rightProvince mapicon-angle-rightRailway mapicon-angle-rightAirport mapicon-angle-rightBus map
Map of northern Vietnam – click on the image below icon-angle-double-down
(this is only a simple map, some of the smaller roads are not marked!)
Map of central and southern Vietnam – click on the image below icon-angle-double-down
Central and southern Vietnam. Possible stopovers and interesting cities.
icon-map-markerGoogle maps in Vietnam
- do not rely only on the mobile version of Google Maps
- in remote areas may not run mobile internet
- > How to download an offline version of the maps of the area?
(larger data capacity, for example Hanoi and surroundings – 250 Mb)
- some routes are not in the map, mainly smaller roads and paths
- some roads are intricately drivable roads
- Google maps may not be actualized (Vietnam is rapidly evolving and changing)
- I use only Google maps in Vietnam mostly without any problems
The most important cities in map of northern Vietnam icon-angle-double-down
Northern Vietnam on Google map. Possible stopovers and big cities on the north. Interesting places.
Map of central and southern Vietnam – cities and stopovers icon-angle-double-down
Lots of travelers going also into central and southern Vietnam. Although this site is focused mainly on northern Vietnam, check this map of important cities and your possible stops in central and southern Vietnam.
Province map of Vietnam
Map of the provinces in Vietnam. Click on the picture below for high resolution.
Vietnam Railway Mapicon-angle-double-down
Vietnam Railway Map + Train routes/stations (2020). Click on the picture below.
Read this, if you want to buy your train/bus/ferry tickets in Vietnam+ routes > Where to buy train tickets in Vietnam?
Map of the international and domestic airports in Vietnam icon-angle-double-down
Red – domestic airports, Blue – international airports, Green – these airports should be open in the near future.
Looking for flight in Vietnam or to the neighbouring country?
(just type your place of departure and place of arrival and book your flight online) icon-angle-double-down
BusMap – map of bus lines in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh Cityicon-angle-double-down
If you have an Android or iOS phone, you can download the application for free – BusMap. 1 application is for Hanoi and 1 application is for Ho Chi Minh City. Easy to use, in English language, navigation. Application runs online and offline. Oficial website (You can search in Ho Chi Minh City online): Busmap.vn
Hanoi – Bus map icon-angle-double-down
Many public buses operate in Hanoi and there is a huge network of bus lines going to anywhere in the city. Ticket will be handed out by a collector and you have to pay him in cash. If you plan to travel by bus, make sure you carry smaller bills. However, this network is complicated, confusing, and not very comfortable when traffic is heavy. Click on the picture below for high resolution of this bus map (2018). I think it is better to use the BusMap mobile application, it is up-to-date and very easy to use, information below.
Which mobile applications with maps of Vietnam to use?
1. GOOGLE MAPS
- Google application for free – maps of the world
- necessary application to display a map when traveling in Vietnam
- on July 2018, Google Maps launched a ‘motorbike mode’ in its navigation feature in some Asia-Pacific countries including Vietnam (more accurate estimated time of arrival, driving instructions for shortcuts and narrow roads that a car can’t access will be available…)
- in remote mountainous areas in Vietnam may not be functional mobile internet
- you can download your maps and use them offline, how to download Google Maps for offline using
- application is available for Android and iOS
3. BUS MAP (Hanoi+Ho Chi Minh City)
- application for free – bus lines and bus map in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
- you will see the map with numbers and routes of buses
- searching route from this station to another station
- 1 application is for Hanoi and 1 application is for Ho Chi Minh City
- BusMap Hanoi > Android
- BusMap Ho Chi Minh City > Android + iOs + Windows
- website: Busmap.vn
The most frequented travel routes in the north of Vietnamicon-angle-double-down
– these travel routes are the most frequented and popular, read how to travel to these places in Vietnam
icon-angle-double-rightMaps of the travel itineraries
icon-angle-double-rightMaps of the national parks in Vietnam
icon-angle-double-rightBorder crossings in Vietnam (enter and exit with 30-day E-VISA)
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: