Use a domestic flight can often be the fastest and most convenient solution.
- In Vietnam, often move quickly and comfortably using the aircraft. A lot of people want to get from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City or vice versa. Dozens of air links from Vietnam Airlines, VietJetAir or Jetstar Pacific operate between these cities. These three companies dominate the domestic flights and often offer very cheap fares on domestic flights. One-way flight from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City or vice versa begin around Usd 40, the flight takes about 70 minutes. Noi Bai Airport (Hanoi) and Tan Son Nhat (Ho Chi Minh City) are the biggest international airports in Vietnam.
With the new 30-day E-visa, you can arrive in eight international airports:
- From February 1, 2017, Vietnam has introduced e-visa (single entry) for a stay up to 30 days. With this e-visa you can arrive at these international airport in Vietnam: Noi Bai (Hanoi), Tan Son Nhat (Ho Chi Minh City), Da Nang, Can Tho, Phu Bai, Phu Quoc, Cat Bi, Cam Ranh. If you are going to Vietnam only with the approval letter, you will receive a visa at the airport, you can arrive at only 3 international airports: Noi Bai (Hanoi), Tan Son Nhat (Ho Chi Minh City), Da Nang.
What is the best airport to fly into in Vietnam?
- The best arrival airport is the airport, what part of Vietnam you want to visit and where do you want to travel. Noi Bai International Airport – for visiting northern Vietnam, Da Nang International Airport – for visiting central Vietnam, Tan Son Nhat International Airport – for visiting southern Vietnam.
|International + Domestic Airports in Vietnam|
|International Airports in Vietnam||Domestic Airports in Vietnam|
|Can Tho||Buon Ma Thuot|
|Chu Lai||Cà Mau|
|Lien Khuong (Da Lat)||Co Ong (Côn Đảo)|
|Van Don (Vân Đồn)||Dien Bien Phu|
|Cat Bi (Haiphong)||Đồng Hới|
|Nội Bài (Hanoi)||Pleiku|
|Tân Sơn Nhất (Ho Chi Minh City)||Phu Cat (Qui Nhơn)|
|Phu Bai (Huế)||Rach Gia|
|Cam Ranh (Nha Trang)||Nà Sản (Sơn La) - closed, planning the reconstruction|
|Phu Quoc||Dong Tac (Tuy Hòa)|
|Đà Nẵng||Thọ Xuân (Sao Vàng)|
Map of Vietnam’s international and domestic airportsicon-angle-double-down
(red color – domestic airports, blue – international airports, green – new airports in the future)
The 3 main international airports in Vietnam:
1. Nội Bài International Airport (Hanoi)
– the main and the biggest airport in northern Vietnam, 35 km north of Hanoi capital
– from the Noi Bai International Airport you can travel to the most of the domestic vietnamese airports
– Noi Bai Airport > live departures and arrivals
icon-angle-double-rightHow to get from Noi Bai Airport to Hanoi?
– from the airport to Hanoi you can go by bus (lines No.7, 17, 90, 86), minibus, taxi
– more information about transportation from the Noi Bai Airport
2. Tân Sơn Nhất International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
– the main and the biggest airport in southern Vietnam, 7 km north of the business centre in Ho Chi Minh City
– this airport should be replaced with the Long Thanh International Airport (in 2020 – 2025)
– from the Tan Son Nhat Airport you can travel to the most of the domestic vietnamese airports
– Tan Son Nhat Airport > live departures and arrivals
icon-angle-double-rightHow to get from Tan son Nhat Airpot to Ho Chi Minh City?
– from the airport to the city you can go by bus (lines No.49-Shuttlebus, 119, 109, 152), minibus, taxi
3. Đà Nẵng International Airport
– the main and the biggest airport in central Vietnam, 3 km west of city centre
– from the airport to the Da Nang City you can go by taxi
– Da Nang Airport > live departures and arrivals
The official websites of the international airports in Vietnam:
SleepPod in Noi Bai Airport – sleep in an unexpected situation.
- There were installed SleepPods (mini-hotel room/box) for sleep and rest at the Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi) in mid-2014. You can use this service in the unexpected situation or delayed flight… Mini chambers are for 1 or 2 people and you will find them in Terminal 1 and 2. Make your reservation of SleepPod in Noi Bai Airport: VATC Sleep Pod Terminal 1 or VATC Sleep Pod Terminal 2.
Sleep Zone in Tan Son Nhat Airport – sleep and relax.
- Tan Son Nhat Airport in Ho Chi Minh City offers from 2016 Sleep Zone of SASCO company. You can sleep or relax for a few hours. Sofa / deck chairs / miniboxes are available.
The new upcoming Long Thanh International Airport.
icon-angle-double-rightLong Thanh International Airport > a forthcoming new international airport, 45 km east of Ho Chi Minh City in southern Vietnam. Construction of a modern airport should start in 2019-2021 (more info here). By 2025, they should already be launched first flights. Such data is necessary to take the appropriate margin.
icon-angle-double-rightNew airport in Van Don (50 km from Ha Long Bay) – this airport was already opened in December 30, 2018 (more info).
icon-angle-double-rightNew international airport in Lao Cai (in Bao Yen) > planning the new airport in Lao Cai province (2020)
icon-angle-double-rightNa San domestic airport in Son La – closed since 2004 > planning the reconstruction (2020)
icon-angle-double-rightNew airport in Phan Thiet (Thiện Nghiệp) > planning the new airport (2020)
The international airport in Vietnam can be used for transfer to neighbouring countries.
Lots of people traveling around Southeast Asia for some time in several countries. Many times may be move from the international airport to the surrounding country, eg. to Laos or Cambodia the fastest and most comfortable solution. Vietnamese airlines (Vietnam Airlines, JetStar Pacific, VietJet Air) offer lots of flights from Vietnam to neighbouring countries and flights to another countries in southeast Asia. These flights you can search, book and buy on Baolau and 12go.asia.
Updated January 2020.
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your flight or tickets in Vietnam (+Neighbouring Countries)icon-angle-double-down
Transport in Vietnam icon-angle-double-right
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: