Train from Hanoi to Hue Bus from Hanoi to Hue icon-plane Flight to Hue icon-ticket Buy tickets
- Hue (Thừa Thiên – Huế province) is a very good and popular tourist stopover in central Vietnam. Lots of historical monuments, beaches and intersting landscape and great food. Hue in central Vietnam (Thừa Thiên-Huế province) is connected to the imperial Nguyễn Dynasty, based in Hue, who ruled from 1802 to 1945, when the Emperor Bao Dai abdicated in favor of Ho Chi Minh’s revolutionary government. Hue is visited by lots of travelers from all the world. About 85 km south of Hue town you can visit the famous and wonderful Hai Van Pass. The best way how to see and explore this place in Hue is to travel by motorbike on your own. Are you hurry? You can travel to Hue by plane.
- Book and buy your e-tickets or flights from Hanoi to Hue online on Baolau or 12go.asia
Travel distance from Hanoi to Hue in Vietnam is about 700 km by land.
- The best and fastest way how to get from Hanoi to Hue is to use a direct flight, it takes only about 1 hour by plane and flights are sometimes very cheap. But for low-cost travelers is the best way to use a regular train or sleeper bus from Hanoi. You can use a sleeper train and take a rest, travel by train form Hanoi to Hue takes about 14 hours. There are regular trains of Vietnam Railways or luxury tourist trains – Laman Express, Livitrans Express, Lotus Train, Violette Train. Train tickets from Hanoi to Hue start already at $16/pp for seat. It is a cheap and comfortable way how to get to Hue, train is better then bus. Book and buy your train, bus tickets or flights from Hanoi to Hue online. It is not a problem to find and book an accommodation in Hue and around this city.
How do I get from Hanoi to Hue?
1. TRAIN from Hanoi to Hue
- traveling by train in Vietnam is an interesting experience, comfortable, cheap
- travel by train from Hanoi to Hue takes about 13-14 hours
- the night trains are comfortable, you can buy food and snack
- check the railway Map of Vietnam: Vietnam Railway Map
- there are about 8 trains (+night train) every day of Vietnam Railways from Hanoi to Hue
- one-way train ticket of Vietnam Railways costs about 450 000 – 800 000 viet.dongs ($16-40, Seat or bed)
- luxury tourist trains to Hue: Laman Express, Livitrans Express, Lotus Train, Violette Train ($70-130)
- Laman Express Train SE19 – 2-4 berths in cabin ($79-125)
- train station in Hanoi – Hanoi Railway Station (120 Đường Lê Duẩn)
- train station in Hue – Huế Railway Station (Nguyen Tri Phường Street)
- Book and buy train e-tickets from Hanoi to Hue online on Baolau or 12go.asia
- this is a top travel route from Hanoi to Hue – recommended – book your train tickets online!
- you will receive your train e-ticket to Hue by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present when boarding the train in Hanoi Railway Station, read carefully the information before and after you book your train or bus tickets to Hue
2. SLEEPER BUS from Hanoi to Hue
- yes, there are also sleeper (day+night) buses from Hanoi to Hue
- travel by sleeper tourist bus from Hanoi to Hue takes about 13 hours
- bus ticket from Hanoi to Hue costs about 300 000 – 450 000 viet.dongs ($12-22)
- bus companies from Hanoi to Hue: The Sinh Tourist, Hoang Long, Hung Thanh, Queen Café, Hey Travel, Full Moon…
- Hoang Long, Hey Travel, The Sinh Tourist are well-known and reliable bus companies, comfortable and modern buses
- Book and buy bus e-tickets from Hanoi to Hue online on Baolau or 12go.asia
- read carefully the information before and after you book your bus tickets to Hue
- you will receive your bus e-ticket to Hue by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter of the station before boarding the bus in Hanoi
Hoang Long bus – come to ticket boot of Hoang Long (Hanoi Nuoc Ngam Station, 2nd floor) and present your voucher to change for bus ticket. PLEASE ARRIVE AT THE STATION AT LEAST 1 HOUR (60 MINUTES) BEFORE DEPARTURE TIME BECAUSE HOANG LONG MAY CHANGE DEPARTURE TIME AND WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MISS THE BUS IF YOU ARRIVE LATE AFTER THIS (more info on 12go.asia).
TheSinh Tourist bus – arrive 30 minutes before departure and present voucher to board bus.
3. DIRECT FLIGHTS from Hanoi to Hue
- there are about 7 direct flights every day from Hanoi to Hue
- airlines from Hanoi to Hue: Vietnam Airlines, VietJet Air, JetStar Pacific, Bamboo Airways
- flight time from Hanoi to Hue is only about 1 hour
- direct flight from Hanoi to Hue costs about $20-150/pp
- direct flight – the best and fastest way how to get to Hue from Hanoi
- airport in Hanoi – Noi Bai International Airport
- airport in Hue – Phu Bai Airport
- You can book and buy flights from Hanoi to Hue on Baolau or 12go.asia
Baolau – Search, book, buy tickets + Flights
– a company specializing in train, bus, ferry tickets, flights mainly for Vietnam (also a tickets for Cambodia and Laos)
– you can buy also a tickets of well-known bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinh Tourist, Hung Thanh, Sapa Express…)
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, VietJet Air, JetStar, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam, eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Quan Lan, ferry to Phu Quoc, Con Dao, ferry to Phnom Penh…
– tickets for routes in Cambodia, eg. Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville, Koh Rong to Siem Reap, Phnom Penh to Siem Reap…
– the price of tickets depends on the official price of transport company or airlines
– you can use online train ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read any other information about ticket before you order, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
– you can select a seat or berth in a train
12go.asia – Search, book, buy tickets + Flights
– a specialist for train, bus, ferry tickets, flights mainly in Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar)
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Rong, Koh Phangan, Koh Samui, Koh Phi Phi…
– tickets for the main routes in Thailand, eg: Bangkok to Surat Thani, Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Bangkok to Phuket…
– from 2018 you can book train tickets for China online (Beijing to Shanghai, Beijing to Xian, Shanghai to Suzhou..)
– you can select a seat or berth in a train in Vietnam
– you can use an online train ticket in Vietnam (not in Thailand)
– if you order an train ticket in Baolau or 12go for tourist trains in Vietnam to Sapa (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
– check more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
Travel route from Hanoi to Hue – Infos + Faqs:
How long does it take to travel from Hanoi to Hue?
- Travel by plane from Hanoi to Hue takes about 1 hour (direct flight).
- Travel by train from Hanoi to Hue takes about 14 hours.
- Travel by sleeper bus from Hanoi to Hue takes about 15 hours.
What is the travel distance from Hanoi to Hue?
- Travel distance from Hanoi to Hue by bus or train is about 700 km, by plane about 600 km.
How much does it cost to travel from Hanoi to Hue?
- Transfer by plane from Hanoi to Hue costs about $20-150 (direct flight).
- Transfer by train from Hanoi to Hue costs about $16-130, depend on the type of train.
- Transfer by sleeper bus from Hanoi to Hue costs about $12-18.
What is the best way of transport from Hanoi to Hue?
- The best and fastest way of transport from Hanoi to Hue is definitely to use a direct flight – travel by plane takes only about 1 hour. Low-cost flights are cheap and starts already at $35/pp. You should forget about traveling by bus for this long route in Vietnam, yes it is cheap, but it is really not so comfortable, 15 hours in the bus, but if you want to see a sceneries you can travel by train (sleeper).
What is the most cheapest way of transport from Hanoi to Hue?
- The most cheapest way of transport from Hanoi to Hue in central Vietnam is to travel by sleeper tourist bus. Bus tickets from Hanoi to Hue start already at $12/pp. But it is better to travel by train, to spend 15 hours in the bus it is not so comfortable. There are sleeper berths also in the trains to Hue.
Which luxury sleeper tourist trains depart from Hanoi to Hue?
- There are also luxury sleeper tourist trains from Hanoi to Hue: Laman Express, Violette Train, Lotus Train and Livitrans Express. Laman Express and Lotus Train have also 2-berths cabins. These luxury trains from Hanoi to Hue you have to book in advance online.
What to choose – train or bus from Hanoi to Hue?
- If you want to travel by land, it is better to book regular train of Vietnam Railways or private luxury tourist train. Buses are not so comfortable for this long trip.
Where to book and buy tickets and direct flights from Hanoi to Hue?
Where you can go from Hue?
- The closest and visited tourist place to Hue is Da Nang (+Hoi An). The 3rd biggest city of Vietnam. It is only about 100 km from Hue to Da Nang and you can travel by bus or train. From Da Nang you can travel and continue to the south of Vietnam, e.g. by train or bus to Quy Nhon.
- There are also various direct flights from Hue to southern Vietnam
Train from Hanoi to Hue – Schedule / Timetable + Train Ticketsicon-angle-double-down
Train Schedule - Hanoi to Hue
Departs in Hanoi
Arrival in Hue
Train SE1 (soft seat, sleeper)
Train SE3 (soft seat, sleeper)
Train SE5 (soft+hard seat, sleeper)
Train SE7 (soft seat, sleeper)
Train SE9 (soft+hard seat, sleeper)
Train SE11 (soft seat, sleeper)
Train SE17 (soft seat, sleeper)
Train SE19 (soft seat, sleeper)
Violette Trains SE1 (sleeper)
Violette Trains SE3 (sleeper)
New Livitrans Express SE3 (sleeper)
Laman Express SE19 (sleeper)
Lotus Train SE19 (sleeper)
Bus from Hanoi to Hue – Schedule / Timetable + Bus Ticketsicon-angle-double-down
Bus Schedule - Hanoi to Hue
Departs in Hanoi
Arrival in Hue
Book bus tickets
The Sinh Tourist
Full Moon Party
Travelling with children in the train in Vietnam:
For trains operated by Vietnam Railways:
– passengers under 6 years old do not need to buy train ticket if they seat with their parents, or else benefit from 25% discount in all fares when they book a separate ticket. If you do not wish to take this passenger into account when making the booking, please select a smaller number of passengers
– passengers from 6 to 9 years old need to buy train ticket but benefit from 25% discount in all fares
– passengers with 10 years old or over are not eligible for children discount, need to book train ticket as adults
Book your train, bus tickets or flight from Hanoi to Hue + Schedule:
(You can change your departure+arrival, e.g. Hanoi to Da Nang, Da Nang to Hue…)
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: