Ferry / Boat to Cat Ba
Van + Ferry to Cat Ba
Cable Car to Cat Ba
icon-map-marker Map of Cat Ba Island
icon-ticket Book Ticket to Cat Ba
Cat Ba Island is the biggest tourist island in Ha Long Bay.
- Ha Long Bay – a top tourist attraction and amazing place in northern Vietnam. Ha Long Bay is written in UNESCO World Heritage Site list and every day is visited by thousands of travelers and tourists. Cat Ba Island is about 15km from Hai Phong City and is very easy accessible by ferry/speedboat from the Pha Binh port (4 Bến Bính). Pha Binh port (4 Bến Bính) in the northern part of Hai Phong city is about 2km from the Hai Phong Railway Station. Cat Ba Island in Quang Ninh province offers lots of activites for tourist – sports, kayaking, but also boat trips in Ha Long Bay.
- You can buy tickets from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island online
From Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island you can travel by ferry/speedboat.
- Speedboat from Hai Phong runs directly to the southern part of the Cat Ba Island, to the town of Cat Ba. This is the fastest way how you can reach Cat Ba town from Hai Phong. Transfer by speedboat / ferry from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island (Cat Ba Pier) costs about $6-8/pp and it takes about 1.5 hour. Speedboat/ferry from Hai Phong to the town of Cat Ba is the best, comfortable and fastest way how you can reach Cat Ba Island. There are many hotels or guesthouses in the southern part of Cat Ba island – Cat Ba town. Book and buy your boat/ferry tickets online (recommended). You can also travel by combination of van/speedbboat (boat transfer to Cat Ba.) From Cat Ba you can also travel by bus + boat to Hanoi. Read the instructions how to reach Cat Ba Island from Hai Phong below. From Hai Phong you can also travel by bus or private car to Ninh Binh – it is very attractive tourist place.
How do I get from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island?
1. SPEEDBOAT from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island
- travel by ferry/speedboat from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island takes about 1.5 hour
- speedboats / ferry depart from Pha Binh port in Hai Phong (4 Bến Bính)
- this boat runs to the Cat Ba Pier (Cat Ba Island, Cat Ba town), Cầu Cảng Cát Bà
- one-way boat/ferry ticket from Hai Phong to Cat Ba costs about $6-8/pp
- carry-on baggage is 20 kg
- Book and buy ferry/boat e-ticket from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island on Baolau icon-external-link-square
2. VAN + SPEEDBOAT from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island
- travel by of combination of van and boat takes about 1.5-2 hours
- comfortable vans + boat transfer to Cat Ba Island
- you can also travel by van from Hai Phong to Cai Vieng port (Cat Ba Island)
- transport company: Hoang Long
- one-way van+ferry ticket from Hai Phong to Cat Ba costs about $7-8
- you can also book an adventure of Cat Ba Express
- Book and buy van+boat e-ticket from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island on 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
3. CABLE CAR from Cat Hai to Cat Ba Island
- in mid-2020 there was also opened a new cable car to Cat Ba Island
- cable car departs from Cat Hai station (Cáp treo Cát Hải) and arrives to Phu Long station (Ga cáp treo Phù Long)
- this is the first phase of the project – from Cat Hai to Phu Long (it is about 4 km)
- Cat Hai station is about 25 km from Hai Phong Railway Station, you can take a taxi or Grab
- ticket for cable car from Cat Hai to Phu Long costs about 100 000 VND and you can buy them at the station
- this cable car project is operated by Sun World
- in the near future it would be possible to travel by cable car from Cat Hai to Cat Ba town
- when completed, this cable car will be just over 20 km long from Cát Hai to the town of Cat Ba
icon-map-marker Ha Long Bay/Cat Ba/Quan Lan – Map:
Baolau – Search, book, buy tickets + flights
– Baolau sells the train, bus, ferry tickets for Vietnam (also a tickets for Cambodia, Malaysia, Laos and Thailand)
– company offers flights of Vietnamese Airlines, VietJet Air, Jetstar, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– company offers also a tickets of the larger bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Futabus, TheSinh Tourist, EcoSapa…)
– ferry tickets in Vietnam (eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, Con Dao to Saigon, ferry to Phnom Penh, ferry to Quan Lan…)
– tickets for the various routes in Vietnam (Lao Cai to Hanoi, Da lat to Hoi An, Da Lat to Hanoi, Nha Trang to Vung Tau…)
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– the final price you will see before making of payment transaction
– you can use online train e-ticket in mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read other information about ticket before you order, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
icon-info-circle FAQ – Travel route from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island:
1️⃣ How to book and buy tickets from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island?
2️⃣ Do you want to book a cruise for Ha Long Bay or Cat Ba?
- It is not a big problem, you can search and book a boat tour / cruise to Ha Long Bay with KLOOK.
3️⃣ How long does it take from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island?
- Travel by ferry/boat from Hai Phong (Pha Binh port) to Cat Ba Island takes about 1.5 hour.
- Travel by van+ferry from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island takes about 1.5-2 hours.
4️⃣ What is the travel distance from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island?
- Travel distance from Hai Phong (Pha Binh port) to Cat Ba Island is about 40 km by ferry or boat.
5️⃣ How much does it cost to travel from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island?
- Travel by ferry/boat from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island costs about $7-8/pp.
- Travel by van+ferry from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island costs about $7-8/pp.
6️⃣ Is there also another way how to get to Cat Ba Island?
- You can also travel by boat from Tuan Chau Island. Boats from Tuan Chau Island go to the northern part of Cat Ba Island. Tuan Chau Island is an tourist island full of resorts and hotels and it is about 5 km from Ha Long town. You can travel by bus/van or private transfer from Hanoi to Tuan Chau.
7️⃣ How to go back from Cat Ba Island to Hai Phong?
- From Cat Ba Island to Hai Phong you can travel by bus + ferry / boat. It is the same way how you came to Cat Ba Island. There are some buses from Cat Ba town to Hai Phong. There are also buses from Cat Ba Island to Hanoi.
8️⃣ How to get to Cat Ba Island by cable car?
- If you want to travel by cable car to Cat Ba Island, first you have to travel to Cat Hai. From Cat Hai you can travel by cable car to Phu Long station on Cat Ba Island, it is about 4 km. This is the first travel route of this project, in the future it would be possible to travel by cable car from Cat Hai to Cat Ba town in the south of the island.
9️⃣ Where to stay in Cat Ba Island?
- The best option where you can find your accommodation is in Cat Ba town. Cat Ba town is in the south of the island and there are many various types of accommodation facilities. There are cheap hotels, guesthouses and also a few luxury hotels. Book your hotel in Cat Ba online here.
🔟 How and where to book a cruise to Ha Long Bay?
- You can search and book the best cruise in Ha Long Bay in this article: 15 Best Ha Long Bay Cruises.
The best rated cruises in Ha Long Bay > Signature Halong Cruise ▶ Alise Cruise Halong ▶ Victory Star Cruise ▶ Halong Athena Cruise ▶ La Regina Legend Cruise ▶ Era Cruises Halong ▶ Paradise Luxury Sails Cruise ▶ Victory Cruise ▶ Halong Sapphire Cruise ▶ Santa Maria Cruise ▶ Royal Palace Cruise
BOOK a TOUR / ACTIVITY in Halong Bay
Ferry Schedule / Timetable – Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island + Ferry Tickets:
FULL UPDATED FERRY SCHEDULE – CLICK HERE
Ferry Schedule - Hai Phong to Cat Ba
Departs in Hai Phong
Arrival in Cat Ba
Cat Ba Island
Cat Ba Island
Cat Ba Island
Cat Ba Island
Cat Ba Island
Cat Ba Island