icon-map-marke Border map Border crossings icon-plane International airports Seaports
In February 2017, Vietnam has introduced single entry 30-day e-visa.
From February 1, 2017, you can enter and exit Vietnam with the e-visa (30-days, single entry). With this new e-visa you can enter or exit in the various border crossings, seaports and also the international airports and you can travel by land from Vietnam to Laos, Cambodia or China, or you can arrive by land from these neighbouring countries. Vietnamese visa is a kind of travel documents granted by Vietnamese competent authorities, providing permission to travel to and enter Vietnam. E-visa is one of visa types issued to foreigners by Vietnamese Immigration Department via electronic system. Vietnam E-visa is valid for maximum of 30 days, single entry. Check and read this article where you can cross the border to Cambodia, Laos or China.
icon-angle-double-rightList of 80 Countries that allowed E-visa issuing (update February 20, 2019).
icon-angle-double-rightList of Ports that allowed foreigners enter and exit Vietnam by E-visa (update February 20, 2019).
These lists are from the official website of Vietnam Immigration Department > https://immigration.gov.vn and https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn. At these official websites you can buy online 1-month e-visa, follow the instructions on the website. Any other websites about visa to vietnam on the internet are various travel agencies. Sometimes these websites do not work, try to load links again later.
Border crossings in Vietnam (Enter + Exit with 30-day E-VISA)icon-angle-double-down
Airports, border crossings and ports that allowed foreigners enter and exit Vietnam by 30-day single entry E-visa.
Vietnam to Laos border crossings (landports) – Tay Trang, Na Meo, Nậm Cắn, Cầu Treo, Cha Lo, Lao Bao, La Lay, Bờ Y.
Vietnam to Cambodia border crossings (landports) – Xa Mat, Moc Bai, Sông Tiền, Tịnh Biên, Hà Tiên.
Vietnam to China border crossings (landports) – Lao Cai, Hữu Nghị, Móng Cái.
Border crossings / Landports in Vietnam
(enter and exit with 30-day E-VISA)
Tay Trang border crossing to Laos (Dien Bien Phu) – this border crossing was added on the list of ports that allowed foreigners enter and exit Vietnam by 1-month single entry e-visa (list was updated by Vietnam Immigration Department on February 2019).
International airports in Vietnam
(enter and exit with 30-day E-VISA, Airport map)
Seaports in Vietnam
(enter and exit with 30-day E-VISA)
icon-exclamation-circle Vietnam has also a few another border crossings to the neighbouring countries+airports+ports, but these map is focused only for foreigners/travelers who buy and use the online 30-day single entry e-visa on the official website.
Frequently asked questions – Borders in Vietnam:
How to book tickets and flights for the international routes from Vietnam?
What are the most frequented border crossings in Vietnam?
Is it possible to cross the border from Vietnam to Cambodia by boat?
- Yes, it is possible to travel by boat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh in Cambodia. Read this article: How to reach Phnom Penh from Chau Doc?. It is a popular travel route in southern Vietnam.
Can you get a train from Vietnam to Cambodia?
- No, there is no railway from Vietnam to Cambodia, it is not possible to travel by train. The only way how to reach Cambodia from Vietnam is to travel by bus, boat or travel by plane.
Is there a train from Vietnam to Laos?
- No, there is no railway from Vietnam to Laos, it is not possible to travel by train between these countries. The only way how to travel to Laos from Vietnam is to take a bus or flight.
Is there a train to China from Vietnam via border crossing?
- Yes, from Vietnam to China you can travel by train from Hanoi to Nanning. Travel by train from Hanoi to Nanning takes about 12 hours and this train goes via Dong Dang border crossing in Lang Son.
How to cross the border from Cambodia to Vietnam?
- If you travel from Cambodia to Vietnam, you can cross the border in Moc Bai – Bavet border crossing in southern Vietnam. You can buy e-visa to Vietnam online or you can obtain visa in this border crossing.
Maps of Vietnam icon-angle-double-right