- Phnom Penh is the capital of Cambodia, about 1 000 000 inhabitants. It is a political, cultural and economic center of Cambodia and it is located at the confluence of the Mekong and Tonle Sap river. This city is also the most important transport hub in Cambodia, there are buses/flights to Siem Reap or trains/buses and flight to Sihanoukville. The most important travel routes in Cambodia. Lots of travelers in Southeast Asia traveling also from Vietnam to Cambodia, by bus, plane or private taxi/minivans. You can also travel by boat/ferry to Phnom Penh. There are boat connection of Mandarin Cruises or Hang Chau Tourist between the Chau Doc town (Châu Đốc, An Giang Province) and Phnom Penh in Cambodia. From Phnom Penh you can travel to Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, another top sites in Cambodia.
From Chau Doc to Phnom Penh in Cambodia you can travel by boat.
- Travel distance from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh is about 140 km by boat via Mekong river. Chau Doc border town is about 220 km from Ho Chi Minh City. Chau Doc is the town for starting your boat trip to Cambodia, if you want to get to Phnom Penh in Cambodia by boat. Travel by boat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh costs about $25-65/pp, it depends which boat you will choose. Travel time by boat to Phnom Penh in Cambodia from Chau Doc in Vietnam via Vinh Xuong border town is about 5 hours. There are no flights from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh, it is not possible to travel by plane and there is no railway between these cities. It is very easy to get in Chau Doc town from Ho Chi Minh City, you can travel by tourist bus of Phuong Trang (Futabus). These tourist buses run all the day and travel by bus from Saigon to Chau Doc takes about 6-7 hours. Bus ticket from Saigon to Chau Doc costs about $6-8/pp. Book your boat tickets from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh or bus tickets to Chau Doc – Saigon online.
1. BOAT / FERRY from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh
- travel by boat/ferry from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh takes about 5 hours
- one-way boat/ferry ticket from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh costs about $25-65/pp
- boat companies from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh: Mandarin Cruises, Hang Chau Tourist
- port in Chau Doc – check Baolau
- port in Phnom Penh – check Baolau
- Book and buy boat tickets from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh online on Baolau icon-external-link-square
- you will receive your boat e-ticket to Phnom Penh by email, it is recommended to print your tickets
How to get from Ho Chi Minh City to Chau Doc?
- you can travel by tourist bus of Futabus company (Phuong Trang) to Chau Doc
- modern and comfortable buses between Saigon and Chau Doc
- buses to Chau Doc run all the day from morning to evening
- price of the one-way bus ticket is about 150 000 – 200 000 viet.dongs ($6-8/pp)
- Book and buy bus e-tickets from Saigon to Chau Doc online on Baolau icon-external-link-square
- you will receive your bus e-ticket to Chau Doc by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter of the station before boarding the bus in Ho Chi Minh City
Baolau – Search, book, buy tickets + Flights
– Baolau sells the train, bus, ferry e-tickets and flights mainly for Vietnam (+ tickets for Cambodia and Laos)
– bus tickets of various well-known bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Hung Thanh, Futabus, EcoSapa…)
– flights of Vietnamese airlines, JetStar Pacific, VietJet Air as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam (eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Phnom Penh, ferry to Vung Tau, Con Dao…)
– tickets for travel routes in Vietnam (eg. Phong Nha to Cat Ba, Da Nang to Ninh Binh, Nha Trang to Hoi An…)
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– you will see the final price before you make a payment
– you can use online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– you can select a seat or berth in the train in Vietnam
– read in the order any other information about ticket, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
icon-info-circle Faqs – Travel route from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh:
How long does it take to get from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh?
- Travel by boat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh takes about 5 hours via Mekong river.
How to book and buy ferry tickets from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh?
What is the travel distance from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh?
- Travel distance from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh is about 150 by boat via Mekong river.
How much does it cost to get from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh?
- Travel by boat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh in Cambodia costs about $25-65/pp.
What is the best way of transfer from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh?
- The best and fast way of transfer from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh is to travel by boat.
Is there a train from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh?
- No, there is no train from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh in Cambodia because there is no railway between these cities.
icon-arrow-circle-right Buy your boat / ferry tickets from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh + Schedule:
(You can search and book another tickets, e.g. Ho Chi Minh > Chau Doc, Chau Doc > Can Tho…)