Phnom Penh is the capital of Cambodia, about 1 000 000 inhabitants. It is a political, cultural and economic center of Cambodia and it is located at the confluence of the Mekong and Tonle Sap river. Lots of travelers in Southeast Asia traveling also from Vietnam to Cambodia, by bus or private taxi. You can also use a boat connection of Mekong Express company between the Chau Doc town (Châu Đốc, An Giang Province) and Phnom Penh.
Travel from Vietnam to Cambodia by boat of Mekong Explore.
Chau Doc border town is about 220 km from Ho Chi Minh City. It is good to go there, if you want to get to Phnom Penh in Cambodia by boat. It is very easy to get in Chau Doc town from Ho Chi Minh City, you can travel by the direct bus of Phuong Trang (Futabus). These buses run all the day. Travel by bus from Saigon to Chau Doc takes about 6-7 hours.
1. BOAT/FERRY from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh
– travel by boat/ferry from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh takes about 5 hours
– one-way boat/ferry ticket price is about $25
– company – Mekong Explore
– port in Chau Doc – 443 Lê Lợi, quận Châu Phú B, Châu Đốc
– port in Phnom Penh – 103 Sisowath Quay, Phnompenh
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy boat tickets from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh online on Baolau
How to get from Ho Chi Minh City to Chau Doc?
– you can use a direct bus connection of Futabus company (Phuong Trang)
– modern and comfortable buses
– buses run all the day from morning to evening
– price of the one-way bus ticket is about 150 000 – 200 000 viet.dongs ($6-8)
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy bus e-tickets from Saigon to Chau Doc online on Baolau
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter of the station before boarding the bus
Baolau – search, book, buy tickets + flights
– Baolau sells the train, bus, ferry e-tickets and flights mainly for Vietnam (+ tickets for Cambodia and Laos)
– bus tickets of various well-known bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Hung Thanh, Futabus, EcoSapa…)
– flights of Vietnamese airlines, JetStar Pacific, VietJet Air as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam (eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Phnom Penh, ferry to Vung Tau, Quan Lan…)
– certified company from Singapore – no cheaters
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– you will see the final price before you make a payment
– you can use online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– you can select a seat or berth in the train in Vietnam
– read in the order any other information about ticket, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau