Bus from Saigon to Phnom Penh icon-plane Flight from Saigon to Phnom Penh icon-ticket Buy ticket
Phnom Penh is the capital and the largest city of Cambodia, about 1000 000 inhabitants. Lots of travelers in Southeast Asia traveling also from Vietnam to Cambodia. Cambodia is an attractive tourist spot and somewhere also very overcrowded by tourists, eg. in Angkor Wat – world famous hinduist and then buddhist temple. It is a political, cultural and economic center of Cambodia and it is located at the confluence of the Mekong and Tonle Sap river.
There is a large number of interesting sites and monuments in Phnom Penh.
If you travel from Ho Chi Minh City, this place will be probably your first big stop in Cambodia. Phnom Penh is about 250 km northwest of Ho Chi Minh City. The fastest option how to get there is to use a flight, but these flights can be too expensive. Second way is to travel by bus (about 6 -7 hours) from Ho Chi Minh City. From Phnom Penh you can travel also to Siem Reap and visit the most interesting place in Cambodia – Angkor Wat Temple. Recommended – book and buy your bus tickets or flight to Phnom Penh online. There is no train connection (2017), but it should be build in the near future.
1. BUS from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh
– yes, also buses run, a cheapest way of transport between Ho Chi Minh City and Phnom Penh
– travel by bus from Saigon to Phnom Penh takes about 5-7 hours (minivans are faster)
– bus ticket price is about 300 000 – 450 000 viet.dongs ($13 – 18)
– verified bus companies – Mekong Express, Giant Ibis, The Sinh Tourist, Kumho Samco (air-conditioned buses)
– bus of TheSinh Tourist, Giant Ibis, Kumho Samco – come to the bus at least 30 minutes before departure (print your e-ticket)
– bus of Mekong Express – come to the bus at least 60 minutes before departure (print your e-ticket)
– bus of Thero Express – bring your voucher to the office address stated 30 minutes before departure time to exchange for ticket and board bus. You may either print or show the voucher on your smartphone/tablet.
– read all information before you buy bus tickets online
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy bus e-tickets from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh on Baolau or 12go.asia
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter of the station before boarding the bus
2. FLIGHT from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh icon-plane
– there are also flights between Ho Chi Minh City and Phnom Penh
– airlines: VietJet Air, Vietnam Airlines, Cambodia Angkor Air, Qatar Airways
– price of the one-way low-cost flight is about 1 200 000 – 3 000 000 viet.dongs ($50-120)
– VietJet Air – the most cheapest flights to Phnom Penh (flight costs already about $40)
– flight time from Saigon to Phnom Penh is about 1 hour
– airport in Ho Chi Minh City – Tan Son Nhat Airport, airport in Phnom Penh – Phnom Penh International Airport
– the plane is the fastest but the most expensive way of the transfer between Ho Chi Minh and Phnom Penh
– come to airport 3 hours before international flights to complete checking procedures
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy your flight from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh on Baolau or 12go.asia
The Royal Palace of Cambodia – the royal abode of the King of Cambodia.
The compound was the citadel of King Ponhea Yat (1393-1463) and rebuilt to its present state in 1886, when King Norodom (1834-1904) relocated the royal capital from Oudong to Phnom Penh. The buildings with beautiful towering spires are a great example of classic Khmer architecture found in Cambodia today. Along with numerous other interesting buildings, within the 183,135 square meters (421m x 435m) compound is The Khemarin Palace, also known as Prasat Khemarin or the “Palace of the Khmer King.”
What is Baolau?
– Baolau sells train, bus, ferry e-tickets and flights mainly for Vietnam (+ tickets for Cambodia and Laos)
– company offers also a tickets larger bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Hung Thanh, InterBus Lines, EcoSapa…)
– company offers flights of Vietnamese airlines, JetStar, VietJet Air, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– ferry tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia…, eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Phnom Penh, ferry to Quan Lan…
– certified company from Singapore – no cheaters
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– you will see the final price before making the payment transaction
– you can use online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read in the order any other information about ticket, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
What is 12go.asia?
– 12go.asia sells the train, bus, ferry e-tickets and flights mainly to Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Laos, Malaysia, Cambodia)
– bus tickets for Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia… (eg. Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, Hung Thanh…)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Rong, Koh Phangan, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Chang…
– you can not use an online train e-ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– you can use an online train ticket in Vietnam in your mobile phone (not in Thailand)
– if you order an train ticket in Baolau or 12go for tourist trains in Vietnam to Sapa (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam