Koh Rong Island is the second largest island in Cambodia.
Koh Rong Island could be your suitable place if you want to relax at the sea in Cambodia. This island is not so visited like another tourist islands eg. in Thailand. But tourism can be expected to grow. It is the second largest island in Cambodia, in the Gulf of Thailand. Koh Rong Island has an area of approximately 78 km² and totally 43 km of very nice and some isolated beaches. You can find there some cheap but also luxury accommodation (mainly bungalows or resorts).
Travel distance – Sihanoukville > Koh Rong Island is about 20 km.
Koh Rong Island is very easy accessible from Sihanoukville by ferry or speedboat, it is only about 20-25 km. Sihanoukville is the main beach area of Cambodia, lots of travelers spend a time right there. Koh Rong Island is suitable for relaxing by the sea. Now it is very easy to book and buy boat tickets online (recommended).
1. FERRY/SPEEDBOAT from Sihanoukville to Koh Rong
– the only way how to get from Sihanoukvile to Koh Rong is by ferry/boat
– speedboat of Buva Sea Cambodia
– boat is going from Sihanoukville Port to the Long Set Beach in Koh Rong
– travel by ferry/boat from Sihanoukville to Koh Rong can take about 35 minutes
– the one-way ferry/boat ticket price is about $11
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy boat tickets from Sihanoukville to Koh Rong+schedule online on 12go.asia
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print
– arrive at the port at least 45 minutes before departure and present the voucher to board
12go.asia – search, book, buy tickets + flights
– 12go.asia sells the train, bus, ferry tickets mainly to Thailand (also tickets for Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Malaysia)
– bus tickets for Vietnam, Thailand… (eg. Futabus, Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, Hung Thanh…)
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Samui, Koh Rong, Koh Phangan, Koh Phi Phi…
– tickets for the main routes in Thailand, eg: Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Bangkok to Surat Thani, Bangkok to Phuket
– you can not use an online train e-ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– you can use an online train ticket in Vietnam (not in Thailand)
– you can choose a seat or berth in the train in Vietnam
– if you buy a ticket of private trains in Vietnam to Sapa on 12go.asia or Baolau (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– if you buy train tickets in Thailand on 12go.asia, you have to pick them in the office: Bangkok (DOB building) or Chiang Mai (Bossotel)
– more information about trains in Thailand