From Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc Island you can get by bus/train + ferry/boat.
- Travel distance from Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc Island is about 220 km by tourist bus/train + ferry/boat via Kampmot and Ha Tien. You can travel by train/bus to Kampot, from Kampot to Ha Tien by bus and from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc by ferry/boat. There is no direct railway between Sihanoukville and Ha Tien. There is a train of Royal Railway only from Sihanoukville to Kampot. Travel by train/bus + ferry from Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc via Kampot and Ha Tien takes about 8-10 hours and costs about $30-40/pp. Ferries from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc are operated by Superdong or Phu Quoc Express. There are no flights to Phu Quoc Island from Sihanoukville so you have to travel by bus/train + ferry. Phu Quoc has an international airport and you can travel by plane to various sites in Vietnam, e.g. to Saigon, Da Nang or Hanoi. You can book and buy bus/train and ferry tickets to Phu Quoc from Sihanoukville easily online.
- Book bus/train + boat e-tickets from Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc online
Phu Quoc Island – the closest island of southern Vietnam to Sihanoukville.
- Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc – popular travel route from Cambodia to Vietnam. Phu Quoc (Phú Quốc) is the largest and tourist island of Vietnam. Sometimes nicknamed Đảo Ngọc, Jade Island. There are 21 smaller islands around. The whole archipelago lies in the Gulf of Siam and has an area of 593 km², Phu Quoc island itself 574 km². It belongs to the province of Kien Giang. The main center is a port town on the west coast of Dương Đông. It has about 80,000 inhabitants. The North Bank is just 15 km from Cambodia’s Kampot Province. Phu Quoc, known as Koh Trâl in Khmer, has been repeatedly claimed by Cambodia, and there is also a Khmer minority. Phu Quoc has been slowly becoming a popular tourist destination in recent years, although the infrastructure remains quite modest. Phu Quoc island is famous throughout Vietnam for the production of quality fish sauce. There is one way how you can travel from Sihanoukville in Cambodia to Phu Quoc in southern Vietnam – by bus/train + ferry via Kampot and Ha Tien.
How do I get from Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc?
1. BUS / TRAIN + FERRY from Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc
A) BUS/TRAIN from Sihanoukville to Kampot
- bus companies from Sihanoukville to Kampot: Champa Tourist Bus, CTT Transportation
- travel by bus / minibus from Sihanoukville to Kampot takes about 3-4 hours
- bus ticket from Sihanoukville to Kampot costs about $8-9/pp
- you can also travel by Royal Railway train to Kampot
- travel by train of Royal Railway takes about 2.5 hours, tickets cost about $5/pp
- train of Royal Railway runs only on Saturday, Sunday and Monday
- Book your bus/train e-tickets from Sihanoukville to Kampot on Baolau icon-external-link-square
A) TOURIST BUS from Kampot to Ha Tien
- reliable bus company to Ha Tien in Vietnam: Champa Tourist Bus
- travel by bus / minibus from Kampot to Ha Tien takes about 1.5-2 hours
- bus ticket from Kampot to Ha Tien in Vietnam costs about $10-11/pp
- travel distance to Ha Tien from Kampot is about 50 km
- Ha Tien in Vietnam is the closest town to Kampot in Cambodia
- Book and buy bus e-tickets from Kampot to Ha Tien on Baolau icon-external-link-square
B) FERRY from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc
- to get by boat / ferry from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc Island takes about 1,5 hour
- port/pier in Ha Tien town – Ha Tien port (Đường Kim Dư)
- port/pier on Phu Quoc – Bai Vong Fast Boat Pier (Cầu Tàu)
- ferry/boat ticket from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc costs about $10-18/pp
- boat company from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc Island: Superdong or Phu Quoc Express
- recommended – if you can, print your boat ticket to Phu Quoc Island
- Book ferry tickets from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc online on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
icon-info-circle FAQ + TIPS – Travel from Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc:
How to book bus/train + ferry tickets from Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc
- Book your bus/train + ferry tickets from Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc Island on Baolau.
- You can change your travel route, e.g. Sihanoukville to Kampot, Kampot to Ha Tien…
How long does it take to travel from Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc Island?
- Travel by tourist bus/train + ferry from Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc Island (via Kampot, Ha Tien) takes about 8-10 hours.
How far is Phu Quoc Island from Sihanoukville?
- Travel distance from Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc Island is about 220 km by bus/train + ferry via Ha Tien in Vietnam.
How far is Ha Tien from Sihanoukville in Cambodia?
- Ha Tien town in Vietnam is the closest port city to Phu Quoc, it is about 150 km from Sihanoukville by land.
How much does it cost to travel from Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc?
- Travel by bus/train + boat from Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc (via Ha Tien) costs about $30-40/pp.
Is there a direct flight from Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc?
- No, there are no direct flights from Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc Island. Teoretically you can take a direct flight from Sihanoukville to Saigon and from Saigon to Phu Quoc Island, but it takes a lot of time.
Is it possible to travel from Sihanoukville to Ha Tien by train?
- If you want to travel by train, you can take a train from Sihanoukville to Kampot. From Kampot you have to travel by tourist bus/minibus to Ha Tien. There is no direct railway between Kampot and Ha Tien.
How to travel from Phu Quoc to Hanoi?
- If you want to travel to Hanoi from Phu Quoc you can travel by plane or via Saigon by train. The most fastest way is to take a direct flight. If you want to visit southern and central Vietnam you can travel by train from Ho Chi Minh City via Nha Trang or Da Nang. Read this article: How to go to Hanoi from Phu Quoc?.
How to get from Phu Quoc to southern Vietnam?
- You can use 3 travel routes from Phu Quoc to Vietnam. You can travel by boat to Ha Tien or Rach Gia ports and from these cities you can travel by tourist bus to Ho Chi Minh City. There are also various bus routes between Ha Tien, Rach Gia, Can Tho, Soc Trang and Ho Chi Minh City. Popular tourist sites in the south.
How to book accommodation in Phu Quoc?
- Phu Quoc Island has various hotels, beach resorts or luxury hotels and you can book this accommodation online. There are also cheap guesthouses, hostels for low-cost travelers. It is a good idea to stay at the beach, there are many of these types of accommodation right at the beaches on Phu Quoc.
- Book your accommodation: Book your hotel or resort in Phu Quoc (Discount up to 60%).
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your bus/train + boat tickets from Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc:
(You can search another tickets and travel routes … eg. Sihanoukville > Kampot, Kampot > Ha Tien…)