Hanoi – the capital of Vietnam, rich culture and history of Vietnam.
- Phu Quoc Island is the most visited island in southern Vietnam and Hanoi is the capital of Vietnam and 2nd biggest city of Vietnam. Hanoi is an important transport hub in the north of Vietnam and from Hanoi you can travel to various places. Hanoi is an important political, economic and cultural center of the country and, since 1976, the capital of a united Vietnam. It got its name (translated as “in the waters”) according to its location on the banks of the Red River and on several lakes. The city was founded in the 3rd century BC and until 1831 bore the name Thang Long. Today’s Hanoi is a modern, vibrant city, the core of which was founded during the French colonial rule. Although heavily bombed during the war in Indochina, it is considered the most magical capital in all of Asia. The center of Hanoi is Hoan Kiem, the so-called “Lake of the Returned Sword”. In the vicinity of the Hoan Kiem lake is Buo Sau Pho Phuong or “36 streets” – a district of old streets originally associated with artisanal guilds, after which the streets are named. There are airports on Phu Quoc Island and in Hanoi and there are direct flights between these places. It the best and fastest way how to get from Phu Quoc to Hanoi. From Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi you can travel by train.
- Book your tickets or flights from Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
From Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi you can travel by plane, ferry, train, bus.
- Travel distance from Phu Quoc to Hanoi is about 2100km by land. The best and most fastest way how you can travel from from Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi is to take a direct flight (it takes about 2 hours). Direct flights from Phu Quoc to Hanoi start already at $35/pp. But it is also possible to travel from Phu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City by ferry+bus and in Saigon you can take a sleeper train to Hanoi. You can travel by ferry/boat from Phu Quoc to Ha Tien or Rach Gia and from these towns you can travel by train to Ho Chi Minh City. There is no railway from Ha Tien/Rach Gia to Ho Chi Minh City. Travel by train from Ho Chi Minh City takes about 31-37 hours, so it is very good to stop for example in Da Nang, Hue or Dong Hoi in central Vietnam. There are also various direct flights between Saigon and Hanoi and there are also low-cost flights. There are day and overnight sleeper trains from Saigon to Hanoi. Travel by train in Vietnam is popular by tourists, but these trains are not so fast. From Hanoi you can travel by bus/train to Halong Bay. Book your tickets or direct flights from Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi easily online.
How do I get from Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi?
1. FLIGHT from Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi
- the most comfortable and fastest way how to get from Phu Quoc to Hanoi
- travel by plane from Phu Quoc to Hanoi takes about 2 hours
- direct flight from Phu Quoc to Hanoi costs about $35-200 (depends also on various promotions)
- airlines from Phu Quoc to Hanoi: VietJet Air, JetStar, Vietnam Airlines, Bamboo Airways
- airport on Phu Quoc Island – Phu Quoc Airport
- airport in Hanoi – Noi Bai Airport (about 35 km from Hanoi)
- Book and buy your flight from Phu Quoc to Hanoi on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square, secured payment
- from Noi Bai Airport to Hanoi city centre you can travel by Express Airport Bus No.86, public bus or taxi
2. FERRY + BUS + TRAIN from Phu Quoc to Hanoi
A) FERRY+BUS from Phu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City (via Ha Tien or Rach Gia)
- 1. step – take a ferry from Phu Quoc to Ha Tien or Rach Gia
- ferries from Phu Quoc: Superdong, Ngoc Tanh, Phu Quoc Express
- 2. step – bus from Ha Tien or Rach Gia to Ho Chi Minh City
- bus companies: Phuong Trang (Futabus), Kumho Samco
- modern and comfortable air-conditioned buses
- Book and buy ferry+bus tickets from Phu Quoc to Saigon on Baolau icon-external-link-square
- you will receive your e-ticket to Ho Chi Minh City by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present when boarding the ferry/bus in Phu Quoc
B) TRAIN (or Flight) from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi
- train in Vietnam is quite an interesting experience of travel
- travel by train from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi takes about 31-37 hours
- trains in Vietnam are comfortable, you can buy snack + foods (berth and sleeper trains)
- there are about 6 trains every day of Vietnam Railways from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi
- one-way train ticket costs about $31-65 (depends on the type of train, seats, berths…)
- train station in Ho Chi Minh City – Saigon Railway Station (01 Nguyễn Thông, Phường 9)
- train station in Hanoi – Hanoi Railway Station (120 Lê Duẩn, Quận Hoàn Kiếm)
- you can also buy a direct flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi
- Book and buy train tickets or flights from Saigon to Hanoi on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
- you will receive your e-ticket to Hanoi by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present when boarding the train or flight in Ho Chi Minh City
What is Baolau?
– company sells the train, boat, bus tickets, flights mainly for Vietnam (tickets for Cambodia, Laos, Philipiness…)
– tickets of larger bus companies (InterBus Lines, Hung Thanh, Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Futabus, Sapa Express…)
– flights of Vietnamese airlines, JetStar, VietJet Air, Air Asia + flights to neighbouring countries
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam (eg. ferry Hai Phong to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Quan Lan, ferry to Phnom Penh…)
– tickets for Malaysia (eg. Kuala Lumpur to Penang, Kuala Lumpur to Kota Bharu, Butterworth to Kuala Lumpur…)
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport companies or airlines
– you can use online train e-ticket in your smartphone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read other information about ticket in order, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
What is 12go.asia?
– 12go sells the train, boat, bus tickets mainly in Thailand (tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos…)
– bus tickets of various well-known bus companies… (eg. Futabus, Hoang Long, Sapa Express, Mai Linh, TheSinhTourist…)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Tao, Koh Phangan, Koh Lanta, Koh Samui…
– tickets for the main routes in Thailand, eg: Bangkok to Surat Thani, Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Bangkok to Phuket…
– you can not use an online train ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– more information about train tickets and travel in Thailand
– you can use an online train ticket in Vietnam in your smartphone (not in Thailand)
– if you buy a ticket of private trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai on 12go.asia or Baolau (Fansipan, King Express…), you must pick it up at the station
icon-info-circle FAQ + TIPS – Travel from Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi:
How to book tickets and flights from Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi?
How long does it take from Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi?
- Travel by ferry/bus/train from Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi (via Saigon) takes about 42-50 hours.
- Travel by plane from Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi takes about 2 hours (direct flights).
How much does it cost to travel from Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi?
- Travel by ferry/bus/train from Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi via Saigon costs about $60+/pp.
- Travel by plane from Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi costs about $35-200/pp.
What is the travel distance from Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi?
- Travel distance from Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi is about 2100 km by ferry/bus/train or about 1400 km by plane.
What is the best way of transport from Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi?
- The best way of transport from Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi is to travel by plane. There are various direct flights from Phu Quoc to Hanoi, it is fast (only about 2 hours) and it is the most comfortable way of traveling in Vietnam. Sometimes these flights to Hanoi are very cheap.
What is the most cheapest way of getting from Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi?
- The most cheapest way of transport from Phu Quoc Island to Hanoi is to travel by plane. You will save a lot of time and low-cost direct flights from Phu Quoc to Hanoi start sometimes at $35/pp.
What is the best way if I would like to travel by land?
- If you want to travel by land from Phu Quoc to Hanoi – the best way is to travel to Ho Chi Minh City and from Ho Chi Minh City you can travel be sleeper or seat train to Hanoi in northern Vietnam. It is also a good way of transport if you want to visit also another places in southern or central Vietnam, e.g. by train to Da Nang.
Is there a train from Ha Tien or Rach Gia to Hanoi?
- No, it is not possible to travel by train from Ha Tien or Rach Gia because there is no railway. The closest railway station is in Ho Chi Minh City, from this city you can travel by sleeper regular or tourist train to Hanoi Railway Station.
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your flight, train, ferry, bus tickets from Phu Quoc to Hanoi + Schedule:
(You can choose different travel route, eg. Phu Quoc to Da Nang, Da Nang to Hanoi, Nha Trang to Hanoi…)
Hanoi to Ha Giang – Bus icon-angle-double-right