1. Vietnam to China
2. Train Tickets for China
3. Border crossings
4. Travel routes to China
5. Travel routes in China
6. Book Tickets Online
China is one of the most visited and populated country in the world.
- China (中国) – one of the most economically advanced countries in today’s world and the 4th largest country in the world. Northern Vietnam bordering southwest China an it is an ideal opportunity to visit China. There is no problem to travel from northern Vietnam to China, for example by train or plane. The 3 main border crossings, which can be crossed by tourists, borders are located in the city of Lao Cai (40 km from Sapa) in the north and Mong Cai and Dong Dang (Lang Son) in the east. The northern route leads to the interesting Yunnan mountain province.
China is covered by a wide network of railways, outside the western part.
- You can travel in China also by highspeed modern trains. China offers a numerous amount of monuments almost everywhere. It is good to prepare very carefully a suitable itinerary before you arrive. Historical sights, beautiful nature, modern cities, shopping, hiking, trips, as well as luxurious holidays and much more you will find in China.
What are the most popular travel routes from Vietnam to China?
- There are 2 popular travel routes and you can travel by train of Vietnam Railways + China Railways from Vietnam to China. One of the most frequented is from Hanoi to Nanning, travel time by train is about 12 hours, via Dong Dang border crossing in Lang Son. Another popular railway route is from Hanoi to Kunming via Lao Cai in Vietnam and Hekou North Railway Station in China, travel time by train is about 14-22 hours.
How you can travel from Vietnam to China?
- From Vietnam to China you can travel by 3 ways of transport – by train, plane or tourist bus/minivan. There are various direct flights to various cities o China, e.g. to Nanning, Shanghai, Beijing, Kunming, Chengdu, Macau or Hong Kong. The most frequented airport in Vietnam for the flights to China is Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi, Da Nang International Airport in Da Nang or Tan Son Nhat Airport in Ho Chi Minh City.
icon-arrow-circle-right How to book and buy train tickets or flights for China?
Now it is very easy to book train tickets or flights for China online. You can search and book train/bus tickets or flights online at 12go.asia icon-external-link-square or Baolau icon-external-link-square. Valid ID is required when buying a ticket online and boarding a train > foreign passengers: passport / Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan passengers: Mainland travel permit. Easy booking process – customers can purchase tickets online, and then receive a payment receipt which they change for a ticket at the train station. Payments can be done with international credit cards, different currencies applicable. Read carefully all the information before you book your tickets to China.
👮 Border crossing – Vietnam > China:
> Lao Cai (Vietnam) – Hekou (China) – Border Crossing > see map (train to Kunming)
> Dong Dang (Vietnam) – Ping Xiang (China) – Border Crossing > see map (train to Nanning)
> Mong Cai (Vietnam) – Dong Hung (China) – Border Crossing > see map
Popular travel routes from Vietnam to Chinaicon-angle-double-down
Popular travel routes in Chinaicon-angle-double-down
Baolau – search, book and buy tickets online
– a company specializing in train and bus tickets mainly for Vietnam (also a tickets for Cambodia and Laos)
– company offers also a tickets of the bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Futabus, TheSinhTourist, Hung Thanh…)
– company offers flights of Vietnamese airlines as well as flights to neighboring countries
– ferry tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia… (eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Phnom Penh, Quan Lan…)
– tickets for Malaysia (eg. Kuala Lumpur to Penang, Kuala Lumpur to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur to Cameron Highlands…)
– you can use online train e-ticket in mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– the final price you will see before making of payment transaction
– read other information about ticket in your order, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
12go.asia – search, book and buy tickets online
– a specialist for tickets mainly in Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Malaysia…)
– from 2018 you can book train tickets for China online (Beijing to Shaghai, Beijing to Xian, Shanghai to Nanjing..)
– company offers also a tickets of the bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, Kumho Samco…)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Rong, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Chang, Koh Lanta…
– tickets for Thailand (eg. Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Bangkok to Phuket, Bangkok to Surat Thani…)
– you can not use an online ticket in Thailand, you have to print it
– you can use an online ticket in Vietnam in your mobile phone (not in Thailand)
– if you buy a ticket of private trains in Vietnam to Sapa on 12go.asia or Baolau (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
icon-info-circle Faqs + Tips – Travel from Vietnam to China:
How to book bus + train tickets or flights from Vietnam to China?
How long does it take to get from Vietnam to China?
How much does it cost to travel from Vietnam to China?
- To get from Hanoi to Nanning in China costs about $120-150/pp by plane and about $45-55/pp by train via Lang Son.
- To get from Hanoi to Hekou in China costs about $8-80/pp by train via Lao Cai.
- To get from Hanoi to Kunming in China costs about $120-180/pp by plane and about $20-40/pp by seat train.
What is the travel distance from Vietnam to China?
- Travel distance from Hanoi to Nanning in China is about 450 km by train or bus.
- Travel distance from Hanoi to Hekou in China is about 300 km by bus or train.
- Travel distance from Hanoi to Kunming in China is about 720 km by train and about 530 km by plane.
What is the best and fast way of transport from Vietnam to China?
- The best and fastest way how to travel to China from Vietnam is to travel by plane and also by train. There are various direct flights between Hanoi to Nanning, Beijing, Shanghai, Kunming… There is also a train of Vietnam Railways + China Railways from Hanoi to Nanning via Lang Son and Pingxiang in China.
What is the cheapest way of transport from Vietnam to China?
- The most cheapest way how to reach China from Vietnam is to travel by tourist bus or private minivan. There are some buses or private minivans between Hanoi and Nanning or Kunming. Another option is to travel by train.
Is it possible to travel by train from Vietnam to China?
- Yes, it is possible to travel by train from Vietnam to China. You can take a train of Vietnam Raiwlays + China Railways from Hanoi to Nanning. This train goes via Dong Dang border crossing in Lang Son.
Are there direct flights from Vietnam to China?
- Yes, there are various direct flights of various airlines to China from Vietnam. E.g. from Hanoi to Nanning, Kunming, Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen or Macao and other big cities of China.
What are the most important international airports in China?
- The most important and biggest international airports in China are airpots in Shanghai, Beijing, Macao or Hong Kong.
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your train tickets or flights from Hanoi to Nanning + Schedule:
(You can search another routes, e.g. Hekou North > Kunming, Nanning > Shenzhen…)