Train to Nanning Bus / Van to Nanning icon-plane Flight to Nanning icon-ticket Book Tickets
3 ways of transport from Hanoi to Nanning – Train, Bus/Van, or Plane.
- A lot of travelers in northern Vietnam are crossing the borders on the north of Vietnam to China. If you are already in Vietnam it is the good idea to see also China. One of the biggest stops in southern China is Nanning. Nanning is not so far from Hanoi, travel distance is only about 380 km by road. It is a big and modern city with about 8 million inhabitants. It is the capital of the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region and also an important railway hub in southern China, via Nanning you can travel by train to Beijing. The fastest way how to get to Nanning from Hanoi is to take a direct flight. But for some travelers it could be very expensive, so there is also another option – by train or bus, limousine.
- You can book tickets + flights from Hanoi to Nanning on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
From Hanoi in Vietnam to Nanning in China by train of China Railway.
- There is a overnigh sleeper train of Vietnam Railway + China Railway from Hanoi to Nanning. This train depart from Gia Lam Railway Station in Hanoi, runs via the Dong Dang border crossing in Lang Son province and Pingxiang in China and arrive to Nanning Railway Station. Travel by MR1/T8702 train of Vietnam + China Railway from Hanoi to Nanning takes about 12-13 hours and the one-way train ticket costs about $45-55/pp. There are also some luxury vans/minivans from Hanoi to Nanning. Travel by bus/van from Hanoi to Nanning takes about 9 hours and bus tickets cost about $24-43/pp. Travel by bus or minivan is the most cheapest option of transfer to Nanning in China. You can also travel by plane, there is a direct flight or various flights with stopover in another city. Flights from Hanoi to Nanning (Nanning Wuxu International Airport) cost about $120-150/pp. From Nanning you can continue to travel by train to various cities of China and book train tickets easily online, you can search and book these tickets at Baolau or 12go.asia.
How to get from Hanoi to Nanning?
1. TRAIN from Hanoi to Nanning
- interesting experience is to travel by train in Vietnam and China (you will see beautiful landscapes)
- a cheap option how to get from Hanoi to Nanning
- this route is operated by Vietnam Railway + Nanning Railway Bureau of China Railway
- train – China Railway MR1/T8702 (comfortable, Soft Bed)
- travel by train from Hanoi to Nanning takes about 12 hours
- there is 1 train every day, departs at 21:20 – MR1/T8702 train from Hanoi to Nanning
- one-way train ticket costs about 1 000 000 viet.dongs ($43-55/pp)
- train station in Hanoi – Gia Lam Railway Station (481 Ngọc Lâm)
- train station in Nanning – Nanning Railway Station (63 Zhonghua Rd)
- Book and buy train e-tickets from Hanoi to Nanning on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square, secured payment
- this is a top travel route from Hanoi to Nanning – recommended – book your train tickets online!
NOTE: You will receive an electronic voucher attached to your booking confirmation by email. You can exchange this electronic voucher for the physical tickets at the Gia Lam station in Hanoi before boarding, print you voucher. Passenger must present voucher of the e-ticket along with the passport.
This train goes from Hanoi – Gia Lam Railway Station and continue to Dong Dang. Dong Dang is a Vietnamese border in Lang Son province. You need to stock yourself before taking train as there is no restaurant there. In your whole trip you’ll stay on the same train and even on the same room from beginning to end of the trip. While travelling by train you’ll be able to get a view of Vietnamese border. Dong Dang border be the place where you need to show your passport and get them stamped. Train arrives at about 02:00 in Dong Dang Railway Station.
Then the train departs from Dong Dang at 02:50 AM in Vietnam and arrives at 04:31 AM to Pingxiang in China. Note that there is +1 hour difference between China and Vietnam. In Pingxiang, passengers must get off the train again and complete immigration entry procedures at Chinese border. After this procedure train continue to Nanning. The train departs from Pingxiang at 06:15 AM. Read also very carefully this article – How to get a chinese Visa in Hanoi. In the near future there is also a plan to build a new High-Speed Line from Nanning to Pingxiang.
For bookings with the international railway service Hanoi-Nanning-Beijing, you will be required to complete the payment before submitting your order. Your reservation will be processed and you will receive a voucher by email to collect the physical ticket at the station before boarding the train.
2. BUS (Limousine, Van) from Hanoi to Nanning
- a cheap way how to travel from Hanoi to Nanning
- bus/limousine ticket from Hanoi to Nanning costs only about $24-43/pp
- travel by bus/limousine/van to Nanning takes about 8-9 hours
- very comfortable and luxury limousines: Son Duc Limousine, Grouptour
- Book and buy bus/limousine ticket from Hanoi to Nanning on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
3. FLIGHT from Hanoi to Nanning icon-plane
- the fastest and comfortable option how to get from Hanoi to Nanning
- there is a direct flight from Hanoi to Nanning by China Eastern
- China Eastern or China Southern can have also 1 flight stop
- flight time is only about 1 hour from Hanoi (or 6-7 hours with 1 flight stop)
- the direct flight from Hanoi to Nanning costs about $120-150/pp
- airport in Hanoi – Noi Bai Airport, airport in Nanning – Nanning Wuxu International Airport
- Book and buy flights from Hanoi to Nanning online on Baolau icon-external-link-square
Baolau – Search, book + buy tickets online
– Baolau sells the bus, ferry, train tickets mainly for Vietnam (+Cambodia, Malaysia and Laos…)
– you can buy also a bus tickets (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Futabus, TheSinh Tourist, EcoSapa…)
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, VietJet Air, JetStar as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– ferry tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Phnom Penh, ferry to Quan Lan…
– tickets for Malaysia (eg. Cameron Highlands to Singapore, Johor Bahru to Kota Bharu, Malacca to Penang…)
– the price of tickets depends on the official price of transport company, you will see the final price before you make a payment transaction
– acceptable online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
12go.asia – Search, book + buy tickets online
– a specialist for train, bus, ferry tickets mainly in Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos)
– from 2018 you can book train tickets for China online (Beijing to Shanghai, Beijing to Xian, Shanghai to Hangzhou..)
– boat/ferry tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Samui, Koh Rong, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Tao…
– train tickets for the most frequented routes in Thailand – Bangkok > Chiang Mai, Bangkok > Surat Thani, Bangkok > Kanchanaburi..
– you can use an online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (not in Thailand)
– you can not use an online train ticket in Thailand, you have to print it – 12go can deliver these train tickets in Thailand
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– if you buy an train ticket for tourist trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai (Orient Express, Sapaly, Chapa …), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
icon-info-circle Faqs + Tips – Travel route from Hanoi to Nanningicon-angle-double-down
How to book tickets or flights from Hanoi to Nanning?
How long does it take to travel from Hanoi to Nanning?
- Travel by plane from Hanoi to Nanning takes about 1 hour (direct flight).
- Travel by sleeper train of Vietnam + China Railway from Hanoi to Nanning takes about 12 hours.
- Travel by bus (limousine,van) from Hanoi to Nanning takes about 8 hours.
What is the travel distance from Hanoi to Nanning?
- Travel distance from Hanoi to Nanning by bus or train is about 380 km by road.
How much does it cost to travel from Hanoi to Nanning?
- Travel by plane from Hanoi to Nanning costs about $120-150/pp.
- Travel by sleeper train of VIetnam + China Railway from Hanoi to Nanning costs about $43-55/pp.
- Travel by bus/van from Hanoi to Nanning costs about $24-43/pp.
What is the best way of transport from Hanoi to Nanning?
- The best and fastest way how to get to Nanning from Hanoi is to travel by plane. You will save a lot of time and there are direct flights between these cities of Vietnam and China.
What is the most cheapest way of getting from Hanoi to Nanning?
- The most cheapest way of transportation from Hanoi to Nanning is to travel by bus/van. Travel by van/bus costs about $24-43, but it can take about 9 hours to Nanning in China.
From which railway station train from Hanoi to Nanning departs?
- Train of Vietnam Railway + China Railway – MR1/T8702 to Nanning from Hanoi departs from Gia Lam Railway Station. It takes about 20-30 minutes to get there by taxi from Hanoi city centre, it is better to go there in advance.
Why to travel to Nanning from Hanoi?
- If you want to explore southern China, Nanning could be your good starting place. From Nanning you can travel by train, plane or bus to various cities of southern China.
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your train, bus tickets or flight from Hanoi to Nanning + Scheduleicon-angle-double-down
(You can book another travel route, e.g. Nanning > Hanoi, Nanning > Shenzhen…)