Nanning is the big and modern city in Southern China.
A lot of travelers in northern Vietnam are crossing the borders on the north to China. If you are already in Vietnam it is the good idea to see also China. One of the biggest stops in southern China is Nanning City. Nanning is not so far from Hanoi, it is only about 450 km. It is a big and modern city with about 8 million inhabitants. It is the capital of the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. The quickest way how to get to Nanning from Hanoi is to by a flight. But for some travelers it could be very expensive, so there is also another option – by a train. When you will be travelling by train to Nanning, you cross the border in Dong Dang town in Lang Son.
1. TRAIN from Hanoi to Nanning
– interesting experience is to travel by train in Vietnam and China (you will see beautiful landscapes)
– a cheap option how to get from Hanoi to Nanning
– this route is operated by Nanning Railway Bureau of China Railway
– train – China Railway MR1/T8702 (comfortable, Soft Bed)
– travel by train from Hanoi to Nanning takes about 12 hours
– there is 1 train every day in 21:20 of China Railway MR1/T8702 from Hanoi to Nanning
– one-way train ticket costs about 1 000 000 viet.dongs ($49)
– train station in Hanoi – Gia Lam Railway Station (481 Ngọc Lâm)
– train station in Nanning – Nanning Railway Station (63 Zhonghua Rd)
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy train e-tickets from Hanoi to Nanning online on Baolau or 12go.asia, secured payment
– this is a top travel route from Hanoi to Nanning – recommended – book your train tickets online!
This train goes from Hanoi – Gia Lam Railway Station and continue to Dong Dang. Dong Dang is a Vietnamese border in Lang Son province. You need to stock yourself before taking train as there is no restaurant there. In your whole trip you’ll stay on the same train and even on the same room from beginning to end of the trip. While travelling by train you’ll be able to get a view of Vietnamese border. Dong Dang border be the place where you need to show your passport and get them stamped.
Then the train departs from Dong Dang at 02:50 AM in Vietnam and arrives at 04:31 AM to Pingxiang in China. In Pingxiang, passengers must get off the train again and complete immigration entry procedures at Chinese border. After this procedure train continue to Nanning. Read also very carefully this article – How to get a chinese Visa in Hanoi. In the near future there is also a plan to build a new High-Speed Line from Nanning to Pingxiang.
For bookings with the international railway service Hanoi-Nanning-Beijing, you will be required to complete the payment before submitting your order. Your reservation will be processed and you will receive a voucher by email to collect the physical ticket at the station before boarding the train.
2. FLIGHT from Hanoi to Nanning icon-plane
– the fastest and comfortable option how to get from Hanoi to Nanning
– there is a direct flight from Hanoi to Nanning by China Eastern
– China Eastern or China Southern can have also 1 flight stop
– flight time is only about 1 hour from Hanoi (or 6-7 hours with 1 flight stop)
– the direct flight costs about $150
What is Baolau?
– Baolau sells the bus, ferry, train tickets mainly for Vietnam (+Cambodia and Laos)
– verified company from Singapore – no cheaters
– you can buy also a bus tickets (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Futabus, TheSinh Tourist, EcoSapa…)
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, VietJet Air, JetStar as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– ferry tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Phnom Penh…
– the price of tickets depends on the official price of transport company
– you will see the final price before you make a payment transaction
– acceptable online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
What is 12go.asia?
– a specialist for train, bus, ferry tickets mainly in Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos)
– bus tickets of various well-known companies (Mekong Express, Futabus, Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist…)
– boat/ferry tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Samui, Koh Rong, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Tao…
– you can use an online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (not in Thailand)
– you can not use an online train ticket in Thailand, you have to print it – 12go can deliver these train tickets
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– if you buy an train ticket for tourist trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai (Orient Express, Sapaly, Chapa …), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam