Train + Bus to Hong Kong icon-plane Flight – Hanoi to Hong Kong icon-ticket Book Tickets + Flight
Hong Kong – a modern metropolis full of colors.
- Hong Kong (Xiānggǎng, 香港) is a modern metropolis, a special administrative region of China with a population of about 7.5 million. Hong Kong rapidly changed in the recent years and we can say it belongs to the most modern areas of the world. Hong Kong offers almost all what you can think about. Hong Kong offers modern services, entertainment, attractions, shopping, etc., it is one of the most visited places in China. There are 2 popular options how you can travel to Hong Kong from Hanoi in Vietnam – by plane or train of Vietnam Railway + China Railway.
icon-arrow-circle-right Book train tickets or flights from Hanoi to Hong Kong + Scheduleicon-angle-double-down
(You can search and book another route, e.g. Hanoi > Nanning, Nanning > Shenzhen…)
From Hanoi to Hong Kong you can travel by train, bus or plane.
- Travel distance from Hanoi in Vietnam to Hong Kong is about 880 km if you take a flight and about 1100 km by land. The best and fast option how to reach Hong Kong from Hanoi is to travel by plane. There are direct flights from Hanoi (Noi Bai Airport) to Hong Kong and travel time is about 2 hours, there are also various flights with stopover. Direct flights from Hanoi to Hong Kong start at $120/pp. Another option how to get to Hong Kong is to travel by train of Vietnam Railway and China Railway via Lang Son in Vietnam and Nanning + Shenzhen in China. Travel time by train from Hanoi to Hong Kong (via Nanning and Shenzhen) takes about 20-30 hours and it costs about $80+/pp. Travel by train is the most cheapest option. There is a sleeper train from Hanoi to Nanning and highspeed seat trains of China Railway from Nanning to Shenzhen and Hong Kong. From Nanning to Shenzhen you can also travel by sleeper train, but in this option is travel time about 15.5 hours. From Shenzhen (North Railway station) to Hong Kong you can travel by train or bus. You can search and book train tickets or flights from Hanoi to Hong Kong online.
1. From Hanoi to Hong Kong by train+bus +
A) From Hanoi to Nanning (China) by train
- interesting experience is to travel by train in Vietnam and China (you will see beautiful landscapes)
- a cheapest option how to get from Hanoi to Nanning
- this route is operated by Vietnam Railway + Nanning Railway Bureau of China Railway
- train – Vietnam Railway + China Railway MR1/T8702 (comfortable, Soft Bed)
- the journey takes around 12 hours from Hanoi
- there is 1 train every day in 21:20 of Vietnam Railway + China Railway MR1/T8702 from Hanoi to Nanning
- one-way train ticket costs about 1 000 000 viet.dongs ($45-50/pp)
- train station in Hanoi – Gia Lam Railway Station (481 Ngọc Lâm)
- train station in Nanning – Nanning Railway Station (63 Zhonghua Rd)
- Book and buy train e-tickets on Baolau or 12go.asia, secured online payment
- This train goes from Hanoi – Gia Lam Railway Station and continue to Dong Dang. Dong Dang is a vietnamese border town in Lang Son province. You need to stock yourself before taking train as there is no restaurant there. In your whole trip you’ll stay on the same train and even on the same room from beginning to end of the trip. While travelling by train you’ll be able to get a view of Vietnamese border. Dong Dang border be the place where you need to show your passport and get them stamped.
- Train of China Railway departs from Dong Dang at 02:50 AM in Vietnam and arrives at 04:31 AM to Pingxiang in China. In Pingxiang, passengers must get off the train again and complete immigration entry procedures at Chinese border. After this procedure train continue to Nanning. Read also very carefully this article – How to get a chinese Visa in Hanoi. In the near future there is also a plan to build a new High-Speed Line from Nanning to Pingxiang.
B) From Nanning to Shenzhen by high speed train
- highspeed or fast modern trains of China Railway from Nanning to Shenzhen (travel distance is about 950 km)
- high speed trains > the duration about 3.5-4 hours, travel distance 670 km (1st+2nd class seats, business seat)
- fast trains > travel time is about 15.5 hours (soft sleeper or hard seat)
- train tickets from Nanning to Shenzhen costs about $28-117/pp (Business seat is the most expensive)
- Book your train tickets from Nanning to Shenzhen on 12go.asia or Baolau
- there are also some tourist buses from Nanning to Shenzhen or direct flights
C) From Shenzhen (North) to Hong Kong by bus or train
- from Shenzhen North Railway station you can take a direct bus to Hong Kong
- you can also travel by train of China Railway (about 20 minutes)
- Book and buy your train tickets from Shenzhen to Hong Kong on Baolau
- Trans Island Limousine Bus or trains of China Railway
- travel time by bus is about 1 hours, about 70 km
- for a live schedule and bus ticket availability, you may search at > www.trans-island.com.hk/en
2. FLIGHTS from Hanoi to Hong Kong icon-plane
- the fastest and most comfortable way how to get from Hanoi to Hong Kong
- direct flights from Hanoi to Hong Kong by Vietnam Airlines, Hong Kong Airlines, Cathay Dragon, Cathay Pacific…
- direct flight from Hanoi to Hong Kong costs about $120-250/pp (can be higher)
- flight time is only about 2 hours from Hanoi to Hong Kong
- Book and buy your flight from Hanoi to Hong Kong on Baolau
- airport in Hanoi: Noi Bai International Airport
- airport in Hong Kong: Hong Kong International Airport
Baolau – search, book, buy tickets + flights
– a company specializing in train, bus, ferry tickets mainly for Vietnam (+Cambodia and Laos)
– bus tickets of well-known companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Futabus, Hung Thanh, InterBus Lines…)
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, VietJet Air, JetStar, AirAsia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– ferry/boat tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Quan Lan, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Phnom Penh…
– tickets for various routes in Vietnam (eg. Da Lat to Hoi An, Nha Trang to Vung Tau, Da Lat to Hanoi…)
– the price of tickets depends on the official price of transport company
– acceptable online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read any other information about ticket before you order, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
12go.asia – search, book, buy tickets + flights
– a specialist for train, bus, ferry tickets mainly in Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos)
– from 2018 you can book train tickets for China online (Beijing to Shanghai, Beijing to Xian, Shanghai to Hangzhou..)
– tickets for the main routes in Thailand, eg: Bangkok to Krabi, Bangkok to Phuket, Bangkok to Chiang Mai…
– boat/ferry tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Phangan, Koh Rong, Koh Samui, Koh Tao…
– you can use an online train e-ticket in your smartphone in Vietnam (not in Thailand)
– you can not use an online ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– if you buy an train ticket for tourist trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai (King Express, Sapaly, Chapa …), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
icon-info-circle Frequently asked questions – Hanoi to Hong Kongicon-angle-double-down
How long does it take to travel from Hanoi to Hong Kong?
- Travel by train from Hanoi to Hong Kong (via Nanning, Shenzhen) takes about 20-30 hours.
- Travel by plane (direct flight) from Hanoi to Hong Kong takes about 2 hours.
How far is Hong Kong from Hanoi in Vietnam?
- Travel distance from Hanoi to Hong Kong is about 880 km by plane and about 1100 km by land.
How much does it cost to get from Hanoi to Hong Kong?
- Travel by plane (direct flight) from Hanoi to Hong Kong costs about $120-300/pp.
- Travel by train (via Nanning, Shenzhen) from Hanoi to Hong Kong costs about $80+/pp.
- The most expensive trains of China Railway are Business seats – 1st class.
What is the best and fast way of getting from Hanoi to Hong Kong?
- The best and fastest way of getting from Hanoi to Hong Kong is to travel by plane. You can search and book direct flights from Hanoi to Hong Kong. If you want to skip Nanning, Shenzhen and transfer from Shenzhen to Hong Kong, this is the best way of transport.
What is the most cheapest option of getting from Hanoi to Hong Kong?
- The cheapest option of getting from Hanoi to Hong Kong is to travel by train of Vietnam Railway + China Railway. You can travel by train from Hanoi to Hong Kong via Nanning and Shenzhen in China. This way has 3 steps: 1.step – train from Hanoi to Nanning, 2.step – train from Nanning to Shenzhen, 3.step – train from Shenzhen to Hong Kong.
How to book train tickets or flights from Hanoi to Hong Kong?
Which interesting places you can visit in Hong Kong?
- There are various interesting tourist places in Hong Kong, e.g.: Temple Street Night Market, Victoria Peak, Symphony of Lights, Man Mo Temple, Ladies Market, Tian Tian Buddha, Wan Chai Heritage Trai, Tsim Sha Tsui, Repulse Bay, Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery, Golden Bauhinia Squar, Hong Kong Disneylan, Tai O Fishing Village, Hong Kong Park…
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your train tickets or flights from Hanoi to Hong Kong + Scheduleicon-angle-double-down
(You can book also another travel route, e.g. Hanoi > Nanning, Nanning > Shenzhen…)
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: