Train to Shenzhen icon-plane Flight to Shenzhen Bus to Shenzhen icon-ticke Book Tickets
Shenzhen is a modern and one of the biggest cities in China.
Shenzhen (Shēnzhèn, 深圳) could be your next stop if you travel in China. This city is about 120 km south of Guangzhou and if you are traveling to Hong Kong by land you will not be miss this place. It is one of the another biggest cities in China. It is very easy to go by high speed train from Hanoi to Nanning and from Nanning to Shenzhen (Nanning is about 200 km from the border crossing to Vietnam). You can also travel by plane, there are direct flights from Hanoi to Shenzhen or by bus/minivan. Flight is the best and comfortable way of transport from Hanoi to Shenzhen.
Travel by the high speed train in China is very, very fast.
China has a very large railway network and still growing. It takes about only 4-5 hours from Nanning to Shenzhen by high-speed train. Shenzhen is not a top attraction place, but there are some interesting places for visit, eg. Window of the World, China Folk Culture Village, Shenzhen Happy Valley, Xianhu Botanic Garden, The KK100 Tower, Overseas China Town. You can also travel by high-speed train to Guangzhou / Kanton.
1. From Hanoi to Shenzhen by train
A) From Hanoi to Nanning (China) by train
- interesting experience is to travel by train in Vietnam and China (you will see beautiful landscapes)
- a cheapest option how to get from Hanoi to Nanning
- this route is operated by Nanning Railway Bureau of China Railway
- train – China Railway MR1/T8702 (comfortable, Soft Bed)
- travel by train from Hanoi to Nanning takes about 12 hours
- there is 1 train every day in 21:20 of China Railway MR1/T8702 from Hanoi to Nanning
- one-way train ticket to Nanning costs about 1 000 000 viet.dongs ($45-50)
- train station in Hanoi – Gia Lam Railway Station (481 Ngọc Lâm)
- train station in Nanning – Nanning Railway Station (63 Zhonghua Rd)
- Book and buy train e-tickets from Hanoi to Nanning on Baolau or 12go.asia, secured payment
This train goes from Hanoi – Gia Lam Railway Station and continue to Dong Dang. Dong Dang is a vietnamese border town in Lang Son province. You need to stock yourself before taking train as there is no restaurant there. In your whole trip you’ll stay on the same train and even on the same room from beginning to end of the trip. While travelling by train you’ll be able to get a view of Vietnamese border. Dong Dang border be the place where you need to show your passport and get them stamped.
Then the train departs from Dong Dang at 02:50 AM in Vietnam and arrives at 04:31 AM to Pingxiang in China. In Pingxiang, passengers must get off the train again and complete immigration entry procedures at Chinese border. After this procedure train continue to Nanning. Read also very carefully this article – How to get a chinese Visa in Hanoi. In the near future there is also a plan to build a new High-Speed Line from Nanning to Pingxiang.
B) From Nanning to Shenzhen by high speed train
- highspeed or fast modern trains from Nanning to Shenzhen
- high speed trains > the duration about 4-5 hours, travel distance 670 km (standing, 1st+2nd class seats, business seat)
- fast trains > the duration about 15 hours, travel distance 950 km (standing, hard seat, hard+soft sleeper)
- Book and buy your train tickets from Nanning to Shenzhen on 12go.asia
2. FLIGHTS from Hanoi to Shenzhen icon-plane
- the fastest way how to get from Hanoi to Shenzhen
- there are also direct flights from Hanoi to Shenzhen
- flight time from Hanoi to Shenzhen is about 2 hours
- flight from Hanoi to Shenzhen costs about $170-250
- airlines from Hanoi to Shenzhen: VietJetAir, China Southern, AirAsia
- Book your flight from Hanoi to Shenzhen on Baolau
3. BUS/MINIVAN from Hanoi to Shenzhen
- another, but long way how to travel from Hanoi to Shenzhen
- luxury minivan limousine of Son Duc Limousine company
- duration of this way of transport is about 25 hours
- ticket for minivan from Hanoi to Shenzhen costs about $70
- Book and buy your minivan tickets from Hanoi to Shenzhen on Baolau
Baolau – search, book, buy tickets + flights
– a company specializing in train, bus, ferry tickets mainly for Vietnam (+Cambodia and Laos)
– bus tickets of various companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, The SinhTourist, Hung Thanh, InterBus Lines…)
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, VietJet Air, JetStar, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– ferry tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Quan Lan, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Phnom Penh…
– tickets for various routes in Vietnam (eg. Da Lat to Hoi An, Hoi An to Nha Trang, Da Lat to Hanoi, Mui Ne to Hanoi…)
– the price of tickets depends on the official price of transport company
– acceptable online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read any other information about ticket before you order, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
12go.asia – search, book, buy tickets + flights
– a specialist for train, bus, ferry tickets mainly in Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos)
– from 2018 you can book train tickets for China online (Beijing to Shanghai, Beijing to Xian, Shanghai to Hangzhou…)
– tickets for the main routes in Thailand, eg: Bangkok to Surat Thani, Bangkok to Phuket, Bangkok to Chiang Mai…
– boat/ferry tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Tao…
– you can use an online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (not in Thailand)
– you can not use an online train ticket in Thailand, you have to print it – 12go can deliver these train tickets
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– if you buy an train ticket for tourist trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai (Orient Express, Sapaly, Chapa …), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your train or bus tickets from Hanoi to Shenzhen + Scheduleicon-angle-double-down
(You can change your departure, arrival… e.g. Hanoi > Nanning, Nanning > Shenzhen…)
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: