Guangzhou (Kanton) is a regional centre in southern China.
- Kanton (Guangzhou) is a city in southern China, the capital of Guangdong province. With agglomeration, it has about 14 million inhabitants and it is a center of business. Kanton has one of the most important China’s airports – Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport and there are various international flights to the all world. Being an excellent port on the Pearl River navigable to the South China Sea, and with fast accessibility to Hong Kong and Macau, the city serves as the political, economic, scientific, educational and cultural center in Guangdong area. Guangzhou provides interesting activities to do at night such as taking a night cruise on the Pearl River and enjoying a show of Cantonese opera. Bars and clubs are all over the city. Travel distance from Shenzhen to Guangzhou is about 140 km by land. There are high-speed or regular trains and also various bus connections. The best way how to travel from Shenzhen to Guangzhou is probably to travel by high-speed train (G or D trains – 30-40 minutes) of China Railways. You can also travel by bus from Shenzhen to Guangzhou (1.5-2 hours), but the trains are better and comfortable.
- You can book train tickets from Shenzhen to Guangzhou on 12go.asia or Baolau
From Shenzhen to Guangzhou by high-speed train, bus or taxi.
- There are various highs-speed trains from Shenzhen to Guangzhou (first class seat, second class seat, business seat…). These high-speed trains to Guangzhou offer modern comfort and service (G, D trains are the best trains). All day long there are dozens of train connections. Besides G and D high-speed trains, there are also some K, T, C trains (hard seat, second class seat, first class seat) – but these trains are slow and travel by these trains take about 1.5-2 hours. Train tickets from Shenzhen to Guangzhou cost about $11-30/pp, the most cheapest is train ticket for hard seat, the best option for tourists is to book soft seat in 1st or 2nd class train. There are also sleeper trains, but it does not make a sense to take a sleeper berth for this short travel route. How and where to book and buy train ticket from Shenzhen to Guangzhou? Now you can book your train tickets from Shenzhen to Guangzhou online.
How do I get from Shenzhen to Guangzhou?
1. TRAINS from Shenzhen to Guangzhou
- this route is operated by China Railway
- high-speed trains – G/D (second class seat, first class seat, business seat)
- travel by high-speed train takes about 30-40 minutes from Shenzhen to Guangzhou
- air-conditioned trains, steward, toilet, modern and comfortable
- regular/normal trains – K, T, C travel takes up to 1.5-2 hours (hard seat, second class seat, first class seat)
- there are lot of high-speed trains from Shenzhen to Guangzhou every day
- one-way train ticket from Shenzhen to Guangzhou costs about $11-30/pp (depends on the class, type of train)
- railway stations in Shenzhen – Shenzhen Railway Station or Shenzhen North
- railway stations in Guangzhou – Guangzhou East, Guangzhou South or Guangzhou Railway Station
- Book train tickets from Shenzhen to Guangzhou online on 12go.asia or Baolau
- valid ID is required when buying a ticket and boarding a train > foreign passengers: passport / Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan passengers: Mainland travel permit
2. BUS from Shenzhen to Guangzhou
- travel by bus from Shenzhen to Guangzhou is also possible, but not so comfortable like train
- there are more than one hundreds coaches departing from Shenzhen to Guangzhou every day
- bus stations: Luohu Coach Station, Huanggang Coach Station, Fuyong Coach Station
- yes, it is a cheapest way how to get from Shenzhen to Guangzhou
3. TAXI from Shenzhen to Guangzhou
- travel by taxi from Shenzhen to Guangzhou is also possible
- the most expensive but comfortable way how to get from Shenzhen to Guangzhou
- travel by taxi from Shenzhen to Guangzhou takes about 2 hours
12go.asia – book, buy tickets and flights easily online
– search for the train, bus, ferry tickets mainly in Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, China, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar…)
– from 2018 you can book train tickets for China online (Beijing to Shanghai, Beijing to Xian, Shanghai to Hangzhou..)
– tickets for the most frequented routes in Thailand, eg: Bangkok to Surat Thani, Bangkok to Kanchanaburi, Bangkok to Chiang Mai…
– ferry tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Koh Rong, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Tao, Koh Lanta, Koh Samui...
– you can use an online train e-ticket in your smartphone in Vietnam (not in Thailand and China)
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– if you buy your train ticket for tourist trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai (Livitrans, Oriental Express …), you must pick it up at the station
– read all the additional information before you book your tickets online
Baolau – book, buy tickets and flights easily online
– online train, bus, ferry tickets, flights for Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand…)
– various well-known transport tourist companies and airlines in southeast Asia, best deals and prices
– booking of tickets is easy, fast, one of the best search engines for southeast Asia
– tickets for travel routes in Cambodia, eg. Phnom Penh to Battambang, Koh Rong to Siem Reap, Siem Reap to Bangkok…
– tickets for routes in Vietnam, eg. Mui Ne to Hanoi, Hanoi to Cat Ba Island, Nha Trang to Hoi An…
– the price of tickets depends on the official price of transport company or airlines from southeast Asia
– in Vietnam, you can use online train ticket in your mobile phone (Recommended – print a ticket)
– read any other information about ticket before you order, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
icon-info-circle FAQ + TIPS – Travel route from Shenzhen to Guangzhou:
How to book and buy tickets from Shenzhen to Guangzhou?
How long does it take to get from Shenzhen to Guangzhou?
- Travel by train from Shenzhen to Guangzhou takes about 30-40 minutes (depends on the type of train).
- Travel by bus from Shenzhen to Guangzhou takes about 2.5 hours.
What is the travel distance from Shenzhen to Guangzhou?
- Travel distance from Shenzhen to Guangzhou by bus or train is about 140 km.
How much does it cost to travel from Shenzhen to Guangzhou?
- Travel by train from Shenzhen to Guangzhou costs about $11-30/pp (depends on the type of train). Hard seat in K-train costs about $6-10/pp. Second class seat in the train to Guangzhou is better and costs about $10-13/pp.
Is there a flight from Shenzhen to Guangzhou?
- No, there are no direct commercial flights to Guangzhou from Shenzhen in China, it is not possible to book direct flight. There are only flights with stopover, but it does not make a sense to travel by plane, because travel time by highspeed train of China Railway is about 30 minutes.
What is the best train from Shenzhen to Guangzhou?
- The best train is the G-train and you can book business seat in this train, it is the most expensive option. This train is also the fastest train on this railway route, travel time is about 30-40 minutes.
Where the trains from Shenzhen to Guangzhou arrive?
- Trains to Guangzhou from Shenzhen arrive to Guangzhou East Railway Station, Guangzhou South Railway Station, Guangzhou North Railway Station or Guangzhou Railway Station.
What is the most important airport in Guangzhou?
- The most important and biggest airport is Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport. There are various ways how you can travel from the city centre to the airport, check these informations on the official website of this airport.
What to visit and see in Guangzhou?
- There are a lot of interesting tourist places, historical places or attractions in the whole are of Guangzhou. The most popular tourist sites are: Pearl river, Canton Tower, Shamian Island, Yuexiu park, Sacred Heart Cathedral, Guangzhou Museum, White Cloud Mountain, Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall, Chimelong Tourist resort, Guangxiao Temple….
Book and buy your train tickets from Shenzhen to Guangzhou + Schedule:
(You can also book another tickets, e.g. Guangzhou > Shanghai, Shanghai > Hangzhou…)