Guilin is another beautiful place in the south of China.
- Guilin (Guìlín) is located in the northeast of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region in the south of China. It could be said, that the landscape in Guilin is similar to that of the Cao Bang Province in Vietnam. The shaped hills or karsts, with the verdant vegetation ranging from bamboos to conifers together with crystal clear waters and wonderful caves make the city such an attractive destination. Guilin has been served as the political, economic and cultural center of Guangxi since the Northern Song Dynasty (960-1127). In the present it is an attractive tourist destination, you can explore the surrounding, make a boat trip on the Li River or you can rent a bicycle.
- Book train e-tickets or flights from Hanoi to Guilin on Baolau or 12go.asia
From Hanoi to Guilin in China you can travel by train/bus or plane.
- Travel distance from Hanoi in Vietnam to Guilin in China is about 650 km by plane and about 800 km by land. It is possible to travel by train of Vietnam Railway + China Railway from Hanoi to Guilin via Nanning. Travel by train from Hanoi to Guilin takes about 16 hours. You can also travel by this train to Nanning. The one-way train ticket from Hanoi to Guilin costs about $72-180/pp. You can also travel by limousine/van + train from Hanoi to Guilin (via Nanning), travel by bus from Hanoi to Guilin takes about 30 hours. Travel by bus is the most cheapest option of transport to Guilin from Hanoi, bus ticket costs about $45/pp. There are also some flights, but with stopovers, there is no direct flight from Hanoi to Guilin. Flight from Hanoi – Noi Bai Airport to Guilin from Hanoi is the most fastest option of transfer, but the most expensive, it takes about 9-15 hours. It is possible to book and buy train/bus tickets and flights from Hanoi to Guilin online. From Guilin you can travel by train or plane to various cities in China.
How do I get from Hanoi to Guilin?
1. TRAINS from Hanoi to Guilin
- there is a train from Hanoi to Guilin (this train is running also to Nanning)
- train – Vietnam Railway + China Railway – MR1/T8702 (comfortable, Soft Bed)
- a cheapest option how to get from Hanoi to Guilin
- it takes about 16 hours to travel by train from Hanoi to Guilin
- there is 1 train every day in 21:20 of Vietnam + China Railway MR1/T8702 from Hanoi to Guilin
- one-way train ticket costs about $72-180/pp
- train station in Hanoi – Gia Lam Railway Station (481 Ngọc Lâm)
- train station in Guilin – Guilin Railway Station
- you can also travel by combination of limousine/van and train over Nanning (tickets on 12go.asia)
- Book and buy train e-tickets from Hanoi to Guilin on Baolau or 12go.asia , secured payment
- if you do not find train tickets – try to change your date of departure
- This train goes from Hanoi – Gia Lam Railway Station and continue to Dong Dang. Dong Dang is a vietnamese border town in Lang Son province. You need to stock yourself before taking train as there is no restaurant there. In your whole trip you’ll stay on the same train and even on the same room from beginning to end of the trip. While travelling by train you’ll be able to get a view of Vietnamese border. Dong Dang border be the place where you need to show your passport and get them stamped.
- Then the train departs from Dong Dang at 02:50 AM in Vietnam and arrives at 04:31 AM to Pingxiang in China. In Pingxiang, passengers must get off the train again and complete immigration entry procedures at Chinese border. After this procedure train continue to Nanning. Read also very carefully this article – How to get a chinese Visa in Hanoi. In the near future there is also a plan to build a new High-Speed Line from Nanning to Pingxiang.
2. BUS from Hanoi to Guilin
- you can also travel by tourist bus from Hanoi to Guilin
- travel by bus from Hanoi to Guilin takes about 27-43 hours
- bus companies from Ganoi to Guilin: Son Duc, 966800
- travel by bus from Hanoi to Guilin (via Nanning) costs about $45/pp
- there is a stopover in Nanning
- Book and buy bus tickets from Hanoi to Guilin on Baolau
3. FLIGHTS from Hanoi to Guilin icon-plane
- another possibility how to get from Hanoi to Guilin
- stopover in Nanning or Guangzhou (there is no direct flight from Hanoi to Guilin)
- airlines to Guilin: China Eastern, China Southern, Xiamen Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, Asiana Airlines, Air China
- the flight with one stopover costs about $180-300/pp
- flight time can be about 9-15 hours from Hanoi (depends on the stopover)
- Search and book flights from Hanoi to Guilin on 12go.asia
Baolau – Search, book, buy tickets + flights
– a company specializing in train, bus, ferry tickets mainly for Vietnam (+Cambodia and Laos….)
– you can buy also a bus tickets (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, InterBus Lines, Hung Thanh, EcoSapa…)
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, JetStar Pacific, VietJet Air, AirAsia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– ferry tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Phnom Penh, ferry to Quan Lan…
– tickets for Malaysia (eg. Johor Bahru to Malacca, Cameron Highlands to Penang, Penang to Langkawi…)
– the price of tickets depends on the official price of transport company
– you will see the final price before you make a payment transaction
– acceptable online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read any other information about ticket before you order
12go.asia – Search, book, buy tickets + flights
– a specialist for train, bus, ferry tickets mainly in Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos)
– from 2018 you can book train tickets for China online (Beijing to Shanghai, Beijing to Xian, Shanghai to Hangzhou..)
– you can use an online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (not in Thailand)
– bus tickets of various well-known companies (Hanh Cafe, Mekong Express, Futabus, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist…)
– boat/ferry tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Samui, Koh Chang, Koh Tao, Phi Phi…
– tickets for the main routes in Thailand, eg: Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Bangkok to Surat Thani, Bangkok to Kanchanaburi…
– you can not use an online train ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– if you buy an train ticket for tourist trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai (Fansipan, Sapaly, Chapa …), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
icon-info-circle Frequently asked questions – Hanoi to Guilin in China:
How to book train tickets and flights from Hanoi to Guilin?
How long does it take to travel from Hanoi to Guilin?
- Travel by train from Hanoi to Guilin (via Nanning) takes about 16 hours.
- Travel by plane (with stopover) from Hanoi to Guilin takes about 9-15 hours.
- Travel by bus/limousine (via Nanning) from Hanoi to Guilin takes about 30-32 hours.
How far is Guilin in China from Hanoi in Vietnam?
- Travel distance from Hanoi to Guilin is about 650 km by plane and about 800 km by land.
How much does it cost to get from Hanoi to Guilin?
- Travel by plane from Hanoi to Guilin costs about $180-300/pp.
- Travel by train (via Nanning) from Hanoi to Guilin costs about $72-180/pp.
- Travel by bus/limousine (via Nanning) from Hanoi to Guilin costs about $45/pp.
What is the best and fast way of transport from Hanoi to Guilin?
- The best and fast way of transport from Hanoi to Guilin is to travel by plane. But there are flights only with stopover in another city in China. You can try to search these flights online.
What is the cheapest option of transport from Hanoi to Guilin?
- The cheapest way of transport from Hanoi to Guilin is to travel by bus or private minivan/minibus.
What to choose – train or bus from Hanoi to Guilin?
- If you do not want to travel by plane, the better way is to travel by train. There are sleeper cabins with berths. Travel by bus from Hanoi to Guilin is not so comfortable and it takes a lot of time.
Which interesting places you can visit in Guilin?
- There are various interesting tourist places in Guilin, e.g.: Li River, Reed Flute Cave, Elephant Trunk Hill, Folded Brocade Hill, Yangshuo, Seven-Star Park, Two Rivers and Four Lakes Scenic Spot, Dragon’s Backbone Rice Terraces…
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your train, bus tickets or flights from Hanoi to Guilin + Schedule:
(You can book another route, e.g. Hanoi > Nanning, Nanning > Guilin…)