Train – Beijing to Xian icon-plane Flight – Beijing to Xian Bus to Xian icon-ticket Tickets
Xi’an is one of the four great Ancient capitals of China.
- Xi’an is the capital of Shaanxi Province, China. It is a sub-provincial city located in the center of the Guanzhong Plain in Northwestern China. The Silk Road starts from Xi’an City. It also happens to be home to the Terracotta Army of Emperor Qin Shi Huang. Travel distance from Beijing to Xi’an is about 1100 km by land and about 900 if you take a direct flight. There are high-speed trains and also a few airlines from Beijing to Xi’an. The best way how to travel from Beijing to Xi’an is probably to travel by high-speed train (G,D trains – 4.5-6 hours) of China Railways. You can also take a direct flight from Beijing to Xi’an (2-2.5 hours). Travel by plane from Beijing (Beijing Capital Airport or Beijing Daxing Airport) to Xian costs about $60-300/pp. Direct flight is the fastest option of transfer to Xian. There are various airlines from China on this route, e.g. China Southern, Hainan Airlines, China Eastern or Shenzhen Airlines. The last option how to reach Xian from Beijing is to travel by bus, but this way is not recommended for tourists, if you can – travel by 2nd class train.
- You can book + buy tickets and flights Beijing to Xian online on 12go.asia or Baolau
From Beijing to Xi’an you can travel by high-speed train, plane or bus.
- There are various highs-speed trains from Beijing to Xi’an (first class seat, second class seat, business seat + sleeper slow trains) and traveling by train takes only about 4.5-6 hours (by highspeed train). These high-speed trains to Xi’an offer modern comfort and service (G, D trains). All day long there are dozens of train connections and several connections overnight. Besides G and D high-speed trains, there are also some Z or T trains (hard seat, hard+soft sleeper) – but these trains are slow and travel by Z or T trains take about 13.5 hours. Travel by 2nd class train from Beijing to Xian costs about $70-250/pp, the most expensive are business seats. The most cheapest train tickets are for hard seat in T-train, cost about $25-30/pp. But it is better to travel by 2nd class G or D train. All these trains to Xian from Beijing depart from Beijing West Railway Station and arrive to Xian North or Xian Railway Station. How and where to book and buy train ticket or direct flight from Beijing to Xi’an? Now you can book your train tickets or flights from Beijing to Xi’an in China easily online, read carefully all the instructions below.
How do I get from Beijing to Xian?
1. TRAINS from Beijing to Xian
- travel by high-speed train in China is an interesting experience
- a very fast way how to travel from Beijing to Xian
- this route is operated by China Railway
- high-speed trains – G/D (second class seat, first class seat, business seat)
- travel by high-speed train takes about 4.5-6 hours from Beijing to Xian (1220 km)
- air-conditioned trains, steward, toilet, you can buy food
- regular/normal trains – T or Z, travel time is about 13.5 hours (hard seat, hard sleeper)
- there are lots of high-speed trains from Beijing to Xian every day
- one-way train ticket costs about $22-250/pp (depends on the class of train)
- the most expensive option is a business seat (1st class train)
- T trains are much cheaper but not so comfortable to travel up to 15 hours on hard seat (about $30/pp)
- railway station in Beijing – Beijing West Railway Station
- railway stations in Xian – Xian Railway Station, Xian North, Xian South
- Book and buy train tickets from Beijing to Xian online, secured online payment
- valid ID is required when buying a ticket and boarding a train > foreign passengers: passport / Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan passengers: Mainland travel permit
2. FLIGHTS from Beijing to Xian icon-plane
- next fast and comfortable way how to travel from Hanoi to Xian
- there are lots of direct flights from Beijing to Xian every day
- airlines to Xian: China Southern, Hainan Airlines, China Eastern, Air China, Shenzhen Airlines…
- the price for the direct flight from Beijing to Xian starts at $60-300/pp
- time of the direct flight from Beijing to Xian is about 2-2.5 hours
- airport in Beijing – Beijing Capital Airport or Beijing Daxing Airport
- airport in Xian – Xi An Xianyang Airport
- Book your direct flight from Beijing to Xian online on12go.asia or Baolau
- from Xian Aiport to the city centre you can travel by shuttle bus or taxi
3. BUS from Beijing to Xian
- travel by bus from Beijing to Xian is also possible, but it is not so comfortable like train
- bus of Bjllqxa Line, bus depart from Beijing Liuliqiao station
- you should know – this route has about 1100 km
- yes, it is a cheapest way how to get from Beijing to Xian, but it takes about 12-13 hours
- if you can – it is better to travel by G or D train of China Railway
12go.asia – search, book, buy tickets and flights in Asia
– a specialist for train, bus, ferry tickets mainly in Thailand (also tickets for Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, China, Myanmar…)
– tickets for the main routes in Thailand, China…eg: Bangkok to Surat Thani, Bangkok to Kanchanaburi, Bangkok to Chiang Mai…
– boat/ferry tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Koh Rong, Koh Kood, Koh Chang, Koh Phangan, Koh Phi Phi…
– from 2018 you can book train tickets for China online (Beijing to Shanghai, Shenzhen to Guangzhou, Shanghai to Hangzhou..)
– you can use an online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam
– you can not use an online train ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– if you buy an train ticket for tourist trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai (Orient Express, Sapaly, Chapa …), you must pick it up at the station
Baolau – search, book, buy tickets and flights in Asia
– book and buy train, bus, boat tickets, flights for Vietnam (+Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand…)
– various well-know bus or boat/ferry tourist companies and the biggest airlines in southeast Asia
– tickets booking is easy, fast, one of the best search engine in southeast Asia
– tickets for various travel routes in Thailand, eg. Bangkok to Koh Tao, Bangkok to Phi Phi, Bangkok to Kanchanaburi…
– tickets for routes in Vietnam, eg. Da Lat to Hanoi, Mui Ne to Hanoi, Hanoi to Ha Long Bay…
– the price of tickets is the official price of transport company or airlines from southeast Asia
– in Vietnam, you can use online train ticket in your smartphone (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read any other information about ticket before you book, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
icon-info-circle FAQ + TIPS – Travel route from Beijing to Xianicon-angle-double-down
How to book and buy tickets or flights from Beijing to Xian?
How long does it take to get from Beijing to Xian?
- Travel by plane from Beijing to Xian takes about 2-2.5 hours (direct flight).
- Travel by train from Beijing to Xian takes about 4.5-13.5 hours (depends on the type of train).
- Travel by bus from Beijing to Xian takes about 13 hours.
What is the travel distance from Beijing to Xian?
- Travel distance from Beijing to Xian by train or bus is about 1100 km and about 900 km by plane.
How much does it cost to travel from Beijing to Xian?
- Travel by plane from Beijing to Xian costs about $60-350/pp (direct flight).
- Travel by train from Beijing to Xian costs about $25-145/pp (depends on the type of train).
What is the fastest way of travel from Beijing to Xian?
- The most fastest option how to reach Xian from Beijing in China is to travel by plane. There are direct flights between these cities of various airlines every day. The most cheapest flights from Beijing to Xian start already at $60/pp. China Southern Airlines and China Easthern Airlines offer low-cost flights to Xian.
How to get from Xian Airport to the city?
- There are several shuttle bus services and you can use these buses from the transport to the city centre of Xian. Travel by shuttle bus from Xian Airport to city centre takes about 1 hour. Another option is to travel by private taxi/car.
What is the cheapest way of travel from Beijing to Xian?
- The most cheapest option how to reach Xian from Beijing is to travel by train. The most cheapest train tickets to Xian start at $25/pp (hard seat), Z+T trains of China Railways.
Which train from Beijing to Xian you should choose?
- There are G+T and Z trains of China Railways to Xian from Beijing. The most comfortable are G+T trains (1st+2nd class, businees – seats), Z train offers hard seat or soft+hard sleeper. Travel by Z trains is the slowest option of transfer. G+T trains are the best option for tourists, 2nd class – seat is an ideal option.
What is the most expensive train from Beijing to Xian?
- The most expensive are business seats in G-train, train tickets for business seat costs about $240-260/pp.
Which airline offers the most cheapest flights from Beijing to Xian?
- The most cheapest flights to Xian from Beijing offers China Southern or Chian Eastern airlines. These low-cost flights to Xian cost about $55-70/pp, you can search and book these flights on 12go.asia or Baolau.
Is a good idea to travel from Beijing to Xian by bus?
- No, it is not a good idea to travel by bus to Xian. Is it possible to travel by bus, but the buses are not so comfortable for this long journey. G+T trains of China Railways are recommended for tourists.
Book your train tickets or flights from Beijing to Xi’an + Scheduleicon-angle-double-down
(You can also book another tickets/flights, e.g. Beijing > Shanghai, Shanghai > Xian…)