1. Vietnam to Laos
2. Border crossings
3. Routes to Laos
4. Routes in Laos
5. Laos to Vietnam
6. Book Tickets Online
Laos could be your next stop if you are traveling in Vietnam.
- Lots of travelers and tourists in Vietnam are traveling also in Laos. We can say, Laos is similar to Vietnam. Mountain areas, friendly people, ethnic groups and wonderful nature. Laos has not so good infrastructure and roads like Vietnam, so sometimes transportation can be challenging. But there are lots of buses running between the big cities (Phonsavan, Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng, Vientianne, Savannakhet…). Vientianne is the capital and the biggest city of Laos. Laos is well-accessible from northern and central Vietnam. But to reach Laos from Vietnam by bus takes a lot of time.
Vientiane, Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng – the biggest tourist places.
- The most visited places in Laos are Luang Prabang, Vientiane, Vang Vieng, Phonsavan, Savannakhet. It is not a problem to get there with a bus connection. Laos has several bus connections between these places – tourist buses, local buses or private VAN transfers. Laos is a typical buddhist country, you will find there a lot of buddhist temples and monuments. Laos is multi-ethnic country, many ethnic minorities and groups referred to as hill tribes live in remote, mountainous or hill areas that are hours from the nearest poor road.
How do you get from Vietnam to Laos?
How to boook bus tickets or flights from Vietnam to Laos?
Is it possible to travel from Vietnam to Laos by train?
- No, it is not possible to travel by train, because there is no railway between Vietnam and Laos. But there is a plan to build some railway in the near future.
What is the most fastest way of transport from Vietnam to Laos?
- The most fastest way of transport to Laos from Vietnam is to travel by plane. There are direct flights between big cities, e.g. Hanoi > Vientiane, Hanoi > Luang Prabang, the most frequented air lines.
How long is the flight from Vietnam to Laos?
- Flight from Hanoi to Luang Prabang takes about 1.5 hour, flight from Hanoi to Vientiane takes also about 1.5 hour. There are also various flights with stopover, so in this way it can take a bit more of your travel time.
How do I get from Hanoi to Laos?
- The best option how to get to Laos from Hanoi is to take a direct flight to Luang Prabang or Vientiane. Another way is to travel by sleeper tourist bus to Phonsavan, Luang Prabang, Vientiane or Vang Vieng.
Where you can travel from Laos?
- From Laos you can travel by bus/minivan or plane to Thailand (via Vientiane or Pakse) or Cambodia (via Don Det / Si Phan Don in southern Laos) or China via northern Laos. Thailand, Cambodia, China are the neighbouring countries.
How to book and buy tickets or flights for Laos online?
icon-angle-double-right You can book and buy bus tickets or flights for Laos (+ another countries in Asia) easily online. There are some trusted companies, but there are 2 leaders in booking service – 12go.asia and Baolau.
- It is one of the best search and booking website for Southeast Asia, especially for Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia…. 12go.asia offers various well-known transport companies in Asia. Read the information before you book and buy tickets and flights online. 12go.asia has almost all the most frequented travel routes in Laos. Bus E-tickets acceptable in your smartphone or tablet (Recommended – print your tickets). You can read reviews of customers.
- Another popular search engine for online booking tickets for tourists in southeast Asia, various companies, e-tickets and wide range of countries: Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Philipinnes, Myanmar, China... Baolau has also almost the all most frequented travel routes in Laos. (Recommended – print your tickets).
👮 Border Crossing – Vietnam > Laos
> Tây Trang (Vietnam, Dien Bien Phu Province) – Border Crossing about 50 km from Dien Bien Phu (Vietnam) > see map
> Na Mèo (Vietnam, Thanh Hoa Province) – Border Crossing > see map
> Nậm Cắn (Vietnam, Nghệ An Province) – Border Crossing > see map
> Cau Treo (Vietnam, Ha Tinh Province) – Border Crossing > see map
> Lao Bảo (Vietnam, Quang Tri Province) – Border Crossing > see map
> Bờ Y (Vietnam, Kon Tum Province) – Border Crossing > see map
How to get Visa (E-Visa) to Laos?
Tourist visa for Laos (E-visa) for a maximum stay of 30 days, can now be obtained simply online from July 2019. It is a similar process like e-visa to Vietnam. Official website for getting an e-visa to Laos > https://laoevisa.gov.la.
Popular travel routes from Vietnam to Laosicon-angle-double-down
The most frequented travel routes in Laos
Travel routes from Laos to Vietnam
Travel routes from Laos to Thailandicon-angle-double-down
Travel route from Laos to Cambodiaicon-angle-double-down
Travel route from Laos to Chinaicon-angle-double-down
What is Baolau? Book and buy tickets online.
– a company specializing in train, bus, ferry tickets mainly for Vietnam (also a tickets for Cambodia and Laos)
– company offers also a tickets of the bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Futabus, TheSinhTourist…)
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, JetStar, VietJet Air, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam, eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Quan Lan, ferry to Phnom Penh…
– tickets for various routes in Vietnam, eg. Da Lat to Hanoi, Da Nang to Ninh Binh, Hanoi to Ha Long…)
– you can use online train e-ticket in mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– you can select a seat or berth in the train but also in various buses
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– the final price you will see before making of payment transaction
– read other information about ticket in your order, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
What is 12go.asia? Book and buy tickets online.
– a specialist for bus, train, ferry tickets mainly for Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Malaysia)
– company offers also a tickets of the bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist…)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Rong, Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Phi Phi…
– tickets for Malaysia, eg. Kuala Lumpur to Penang, Kuala Lumpur to Malacca, Kuala Lumpur to Cameron Highlands…
– you can not use an online ticket in Thailand, you have to print it
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– you can use an online train ticket in Vietnam in your mobile phone
– if you buy a train ticket in Baolau or 12go for tourist trains in Vietnam to Sapa (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
icon-info-circle FAQ + TIPS – Travel from Vietnam to Laos:
How much does it cost to get from Vietnam to Laos?
- To get from Hanoi to Luang Prabang costs about $110-150 by plane and about $40-50 by bus.
- To get from Hanoi to Vientiane costs about $120-180 by plane and about $25-28 by bus.
- To get from Hanoi to Vang Vieng costs about $140-170 by plane+bus and about $40 by bus.
How long does it take to get from Vietnam to Laos?
What is the travel distance from Vietnam to Laos?
- Travel distance from Hanoi to Luang Prabang is about 1000 km by bus and about 400 km by plane.
- Travel distance from Hanoi to Vientiane is about 800 km by bus/minivan and about 500 km by plane.
- Travel distance from Hanoi to Vang Vieng is about 450 km by plane + bus.
What is the best and fast option of transport from Vietnam to Laos?
- The best and fastest way how to get to Laos from Vietnam is to travel by plane. There are direct flights between Hanoi and Luang Prabang and Vientiane or Ho Chi Minh City and Luang Prabang and Vientiane.
What is the cheapest way of transport from Vietnam to Laos?
- The most cheapest way how to travel to Laos from Vietnam is to travel by sleeper bus. There are sleeper tourist buses between Luang Prabang, Vientiane, Phonsavan and Hanoi or from Vientiane to Hue/Da Nang.
Is it possible to travel by train from Vietnam to Laos?
- No, there is no railway from Vietnam to Laos, so it is not possible to travel by train. But there is a plan to build in the future a railway from central Vietnam to central Laos.
Is it possible to travel by boat from Vietnam to Laos?
- No, there is no direct boat route from Vietnam to Laos, it is not possible to travel by boat.
Are there direct flights from Vietnam to Laos?
- Yes, there are direct flights of a few airlines to Laos from Vietnam. E.g. from Hanoi to Luang Prabang or Hanoi to Vientiane. But these flight schedules are a little bit limited. There are also some flights with stopovers.
What are the most important international airports in Laos?
- The most important and biggest international airports in Laos are Luang Prabang International Airport and Vientiane International Airport.
Where to go and travel from Laos?
- From Laos you can travel to Thailand or Cambodia by tourist bus or plane. One of the most frequented travel route is from Vientiane to Bangkok (direct flights, bus or bus+train via Nong Khai).
Where you can receive E-visa to Laos?
- You can receive your e-visa to Laos online at the official goverment website: https://laoevisa.gov.la
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your bus tickets or flights from Hanoi to Luang Prabang + Schedule:
(You can change your departure, arrival… Luang Prabang to Vientiane, Luang Prabang to Vang Vieng…)