From Phonsavan to Hanoi you can travel by bus or plane.
- Hanoi is the capital of Vietnam and one of the most visited tourist places in the northern Vietnam. It is also the most important transport hub in the north. From Hanoi you can continue to travel by train or bus to the various places of Vietnam. From Phonsavan to Hanoi you can travel by bus, this is the most cheapest option how to get there, but it takes a lot of time. Another option is to travel by plane with stopover. There is no train from Laos to Vietnam.
- Travel distance from Phonsavan to Hanoi is about 620 km by land so you have to prepare for a long and adventure journey. This route can take about 18-20 hours if you travel by sleeper tourist bus. Bus ticket from Phonsavan to Hanoi costs about $40. There is no direct flight from Phonsavan to Hanoi, but there are some flights from Phonsavan to Vientiane and from Vientiane to Hanoi. If you want to take a flight it can take only about 5-6 hours. You can book bus tickets and flights from Phonsavan to Hanoi online.
How do I get from Phonsavan to Hanoi?
1. BUS from Phonsavan to Hanoi
- long distance sleeper bus from Phonsavan to Hanoi (travel distance about 620 km)
- buses run from Phonsavan – Xiangkhouang Bus Station
- travel by bus from Phonsavan to Hanoi takes about 19 hours!
- price of the one-way bus ticket from Phonsavan to Hanoi is about $40/pp
- if you do not find any bus connection on Baolau, try search again later or change a date
- Book and buy bus e-tickets from Phonsavan to Hanoi online on Baolau, secured payment
- you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter of the station before boarding the bus
2. FLIGHT from Phonsavan to Hanoi (via Vientiane) icon-plane
- theres is no direct flight from Phonsavan to Hanoi
- this flight can take about 5 hours (with stopover in Vientiane)
- price of this flight to Hanoi from Phonsavan is about $200-250/pp
- reliable airlines to Hanoi: Lao Airlines + Vietnam Airlines
- airport in Phonsavan – Xieng Khouang Airport
- airport in Hanoi – Noi Bai International Airport (Phú Minh, Sóc Sơn)
icon-map-marker Hanoi – tourist map:
What is Baolau? Book and buy tickets online.
– Baolau sells the train, bus, ferry tickets, flights mainly for Vietnam (also a tickets for Cambodia and Laos, Malaysia…)
– company offers also a tickets larger bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Hung Thanh, Sapa shuttle bus…)
– company offers flights of Vietnamese airlines, VietJet Air, JetStar as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– ferry tickets in Vietnam (eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Phnom Penh, ferry to Quan Lan, Vung Tau to Con Dao…)
– tickets for Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur to Cameron Highlands, Johor Bahru to Kota Bharu…)
– certified company from Singapore – no cheaters and scammers
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– you can use online train e-ticket in mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read other information about tickets before you order, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
What is 12go.asia? Book and buy tickets online.
– a specialist for train, bus, ferry tickets, flights mainly in Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia)
– bus tickets of various well-known companies for Vietnam, Thailand… (eg. Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, Hung Thanh…)
– ferry/boat tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, ferry to Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao, Koh Phi Phi…
– tickets for the main routes in Thailand, eg: Bangkok to Surat Thani, Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Bangkok to Phuket
– you can not use an online train ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– more info about trains in Thailand
– if you buy a ticket of private trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai on 12go.asia or Baolau (Fansipan Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
icon-info-circle Faqs + Tips – Travel route from Phonsavan to Hanoiicon-angle-double-down
What is the travel time from Phonsavan to Hanoi?
- Travel by plane from Phonsavan to Hanoi via Vientiane takes about 5 hours.
- Travel by sleeper tourist bus from Phonsavan to Hanoi takes about 20 hours.
How far is Hanoi from Phonsavan?
- Travel distance from Phonsavan to Hanoi is about 350 km by plane and about 640 km by bus.
How much does it cost to travel from Phonsavan to Hanoi?
- Travel by plane to Hanoi from Phonsavan via Vientiane costs about $250/pp.
- Travel by sleeper tourist bus to Hanoi from Phonsavan costs about $40/pp.
What is the best and fast way of getting from Phonsavan to Hanoi?
- The best and fastest option of transport to Hanoi from Phonsavan is to travel by plane via Vientiane. There is no direct flight from Phonsavan in Laos to Hanoi in Vietnam, only flights with stopover.
What is the cheapest option of travel from Phonsavan to Hanoi?
- The cheapest way how to travel to Hanoi from Phonsavan in Laos is to travel by sleeper bus.
Is there a train from Phonsavan in Laos to Hanoi in Vietnam?
- No, it is not possible to travel by train because there is no railway between Phonsavan and Hanoi.
How to book and buy tickets or flights from Phonsavan to Hanoi?
- You can book tickets + flights from Phonsavan to Hanoi on Baolau
Where you can travel by train or bus from Hanoi?
- There are various train and bus routes from Hanoi to various parts of northern Vietnam, but the railway is a bit limited. The most popular tourist travel route is from Hanoi to Lao Cai (Trains to Sapa). Another top tourist route is by bus/train to Ha Long. From Ha Long you can travel to Cat Ba Island.
icon-arrow-circle-right Book and buy bus tickets from Phonsavan to Hanoi and see the scheduleicon-angle-double-down
(If you do not find any bus connection on Baolau, try search again later or change a date)
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: