Bus > Vientiane to Pakse icon-plane Flights > Vientiane to Pakse icon-ticket Book Tickets + Flights
From Vientiane to Pakse you can travel by bus/van or plane.
- Travel distance of this route from Vientiane to Pakse by land is about 670 km. You can travel by bus or you can use a direct flight between these cities. Bus tickets from Vientiene to Pakse cost about $22-35/pp and travel time is about 10-12 hours. Direct flight from Vientiane to Pakse takes about 1.5 hour. Pakse is also very important transportation hub, connecting with Bangkok (Thailand) to the west, Da Nang (Vietnam) to the east and Phnom Penh (Cambodia) to the south. Book your bus tickets or direct flights from Vientiane to Pakse online.
- You can book bus e-tickets/flights to Pakse online on 12go.asia or Baolau
Pakse is a good place for exploring the southern Laos.
- Pakse is the most important city in southern Laos, the capital of the province of Champasak. It has about 80,000 inhabitants. Located on the left bank of the Mekong River, at the mouth of its tributary, the Se River. Pakse is really good place for visit if you travel to the north of Cambodia. Stung Treng Border Crossing Station is about 150 km south of Pakse and there you will find the most visited place – 4000 Thousands Island at the Mekong river.
How to get from Vientiane to Pakse?
1. BUS from Vientiane to Pakse
- travel by bus takes about 10-12 hours from Vientiane to Pakse (670 km)
- modern, sleeper overnight and comfortable buses (+minibuses, vans)
- bus companies: King of bus, Kriangkai Transport, PST Transit Service, Soutchai Travel, Champasak…
- come to the bus stop at least 30 minutes before departure
- one-way bus ticket from Vientiane to Pakse costs about $22-35
- Book and buy bus e-tickets to Pakse online + schedule on 12go.asia or Baolau
- you will receive your bus e-ticket to Pakse by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter of the station before boarding the bus in Vientiane
- read the all information before you buy your tickets to Pakse
2. FLIGHTS from Vientiane to Pakse
- the fastest and most comfortable way how to get to Pakse
- Wattay International Airport in Vientiane is about 10 km from the city center
- Pakse International Airport is about 5 km from the city center
- it is a little bit more expensive option
- flights from Vientiane to Pakse by Lao Airlines (if you do not find a flight, try different date)
- flight time is only about 1 hour and 15 minutes from Vientiane
- price for one-way direct flight from Vientiane to Pakse about $75-150
- Book your direct flight from Vientiane to Pakse + schedule on Baolau
3. TRAIN from Vientiane to Pakse?
- NO, there is no direct train connection from Vientiane to Pakse
- but, propably in the near future there will be a new railway network in Laos (more infos)
Interesting places in Pakse > Wat Phou Temple, Tad Yuang waterfall, Wat Luang, The Night Market, Champasak Provincial Museum, Coffee Farms, Champasak Palace Hotel, Four Thousands Island (about 120 km south of Pakse)…
12go.asia – search and buy tickets, flights online
– search and book train, ferry, bus tickets + flights mainly for Thailand (+tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar..)
– ferry/boat tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand…eg. ferry to Vung Tau, ferry to Koh Samui, Koh Kood, Koh Tao, Koh Phangan…
– tickets for the most frequented railway routes in Thailand – Bangkok > Surat Thani, Bangkok > Kanchanaburi, Bangkok > Chiang Mai..
– you can use your online train ticket in Vietnam in your mobile phone or tablet (not in Thailand)
– if you buy a ticket of private trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai on 12go.asia or Baolau (King Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– if you buy train tickets for Thailand at 12go.asia, you have to pick them in the office: Bangkok (DOB building) or Chiang Mai (Bossotel)
– 12go can deliver these train tickets in Thailand, more information about trains in Thailand
Baolau – search and buy tickets, flights online
– a company specializing in train, bus, ferry tickets and flights mainly for Vietnam (+Cambodia and Laos)
– from 2018 you can book train tickets for China online (Shanghai to Nanjing, Shanghai to Suzhou, Beijing to Shanghai…)
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, VietJet Air, JetStar Pacific as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam (eg. ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phnom Penh, Quan Lan…)
– the price of tickets depends on the official price of transport company
– you will see the final price before you make a payment transaction
– acceptable online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– you can select a seat or berth in the train, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
icon-info-circle Travel route from Vientiane to Pakse in Laos
How long does it take to get from Vientiane to Pakse?
- Travel by bus from Vientiane to Pakse takes about 10-12 hours.
- Travel by plane (direct flight) from Vientiane to Pakse takes about 1 hour 15 minutes.
What is the travel distance from Vientiane to Pakse?
- Travel distance from Vientiane to Pakse is about 670 km by land.
How much does it cost to travel from Vientiane to Pakse?
- Travel by plane (direct flight) from Vientiane to Pakse costs about $75-150.
- Travel by bus from Vientiane to Pakse costs about $22-35.
What is the best way of transport from Vientiane to Pakse?
- The best way of transport from Vientiane to Pakse is to travel by plane. There are direct flights every day from Vientiane to Pakse. The number of these flights is limited, there about 1-2 flights per a day.
Which bus companies serve this route from Vientiane to Pakse?
- There are various bus companies from Vientiane to Pakse in Laos: King of bus, PST Transit Service, Kriangkai Transport, Soutchai Travel, Champasak.
Is there a train from Vientiane to Pakse?
- No, there is no train from Vientiane to Pakse because there is no railway between these cities in Laos.
Where to book and buy tickets or flights from Vientiane to Pakse?
Where you can travel from Pakse?
Bus from Vientiane to Pakse – Schedule + Ticketsicon-angle-double-down
Bus Schedule - Vientiane to Pakse
Departs in Vientiane
Arrival in Pakse
Book bus ticket
PST Transit Service
King of Bus
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your bus tickets or flights from Vientiane to Pakse + Scheduleicon-angle-double-down
(You can change your departure, arrival, e.g. Vientiane > Savannakhet, Vientiane > Don Det…)
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: