Bus to Luang Prabang icon-plane Flight to Luang Prabang icon-ticket Buy e-tickets online
Luang Prabang is well known tourist town in the north of Laos. Luang Prabang – small town in the north of Laos, about 30 000 people, lies at the Mekong river. The historic center of the town is written in Unesco from 1995. And from this year dramatically increased popularity. Almost all tourist go to Luang Prabang when they are already in Laos. There is very nice surrounding with a nature, ethnic villages and also buddhist places. But sometimes this place is a bit overcrowded by tourists.
The best way how to get to Luang Prabang is take a flight.
It is not so easy to get to Luang Prabang if you do not fly by a plane. Yes, you can fly with Vietnam Airlines or Lao Airlines, but these flights can be a little bit expensive. Prices for the flight tickets drop down mainly in the winter time. For the low cost travellers and backpackers is the best way go by a sleeper bus, but the journey can take about 23 hours if you travel from Hanoi. So, be prepared for this.
1. BUS from Hanoi to Luang Prabang
– travel by bus from Hanoi to Luang Prabang takes about 24 hours from Hanoi!
– sleeper and comfortable buses
– bus companies: HTX Van Tai 27-7, TheSinhTourist
– one-way bus ticket costs about 1 200 000 viet.dongs ($50)
– bus of HTX Van Thai 27-7 – Ticket Exchange at NO. 63, 2nd floor – Hanoi Nuoc Ngam station, no. 1 Ngoc Hoi Street, Hoang Mai District, Hanoi. CUSTOMERS HAVE TO EXCHANGE VOUCHER TO GET TICKET AT BUS STATION BEFORE BOARDING. PLEASE DO NOT GO DIRECTLY TO THE BUS, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO BOARD AND WILL MISS THE BUS.
– bus of TheSinh Tourist – arrive 30 minutes before departure and present voucher to board bus
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy bus e-tickets from Hanoi to Luang Prabang online on Baolau or 12go.asia
2. FLIGHTS from Hanoi to Luang Prabang icon-plane
– new international airport in Luang Prabang opened in 2013
– it is a little bit more expensive option
– 2 flights by Lao Airlines from Hanoi to Luang Prabang
– 1 flight of Vietnam Airlines
– flight time is only 1 hour from Hanoi
– price of flight is about $110 – 300
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy your flight of Vietnam Airlines from Hanoi to Luang Prabang on Baolau
3. TRAIN from Hanoi to Luang Prabang
– NO, there is no direct train connection between Hanoi and Luang Prabang 🙂
What is Baolau?
– a company specializing in train, bus, ferry tickets and flights mainly for Vietnam (+Cambodia and Laos)
– verified company from Singapore – no cheaters
– you can buy also a bus tickets (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Futabus, Hung Thanh, InterBus Lines…)
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, JetStar, VietJet Air, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– ferry tickets in Vietnam (eg. ferry from Hai Phong to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh…)
– the price of tickets depends on the official price of transport company
– you will see the final price before you make a payment transaction
– acceptable online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
What is 12go.asia?
– a specialist for train, bus, ferry tickets and flights mainly for Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar)
– bus tickets for Vietnam, Thailand… (eg. Mekong Express, Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, Hung Thanh…)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Tao, Koh Rong, Koh Chang, Koh Phi Phi…
– you can use an online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam
– you can not use an online train tickets in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– if you buy a ticket of private trains in Vietnam to Sapa on 12go.asia or Baolau (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam