Bus to Vientiane
icon-plane Flights to Vientiane
icon-ticket Book Tickets Online
- From Hanoi to Vientiane you can travel by plane or tourist sleeper bus. Travel distance to Vientiane from Hanoi is about 800 km if you travel by sleeper bus or motorbike. Remember – to travel by sleeper tourist bus from Hanoi to Vientiane takes about 24 hours and this time can also change. Bus tickets from Hanoi to Vientiane cost about $21-28/pp. You are going through the Nam Phao International checkpoint if you travel by bus. This border is about 70 km from Vinh. Oh sure, the best and the fastest way how to get from Hanoi to Vientiane is to travel by plane, there are direct flights. Direct flight to Vientiane from Hanoi takes only about 1 hour. Vietnam Airlines or Lao Airlines serve about 3-5 direct flights from Hanoi to Vientiane every day. But these direct flights are a bit more expensive for some low cost travellers. There is no railway between Vientiane and Hanoi, it is not possible to travel by train.
- Book your bus tickets + flights from Hanoi to Vientiane on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
From Hanoi to Vientiane you can travel by sleeper tourist bus or plane.
- Vientiane is the capital and biggest city of Laos. Laos is a country neighboring Vietnam and offer various attractions for tourist – temples, pagodas and historical monuments, amazing nature. Lots of tourists in Vietnam also travel to Laos. What to see in Vientianne: eg. Patuxai Victory Monument, That Luang – Vientiane Great Stupa, Buddha Park (Xieng Khuan), Wat Ho Phra Keo, Lao National Museum, Wat Si Muang or Wat Si Saket. From Vientiane you can continue to Udon Thani or Bangkok (Thailand). Vientiane is about 10 km from Thailand border crossing (Thanaleng – Nong Khai), so from Laos you can travel to Thailand. Vientiane has no railway station, but there is an airport and there are buses to Thailand. Book and buy your bus tickets or direct flights from Hanoi to Vientiane in Laos online.
How do I get from Hanoi to Vientiane in Laos?
1. SLEEPER BUS from Hanoi to Vientiane
- travel by bus from Hanoi to Vientiane takes about 24 hours!
- sleeper and comfortable tourist sleeper buses
- travel by bus is the cheapest way of transport from Hanoi to Vientiane but it takes a lot of time
- bus companies to Vientiane: Huyen Chau, HTX Van Tai 27-7, Hoang Giang, Tung Mau, TheSinhTourist…
- one-way bus ticket from Hanoi to Vientiane costs about $21-28/pp
- read the all information carefully before you book your bus tickets
- Book and buy bus e-tickets from Hanoi to Vientiane on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square, secured payment
- Buses Huyen Chau + Hoang Giang – buses depart from Nuoc Ngam bus station in Hanoi
- Bus of HTX Van Tai 27-7 – Ticket Exchange at NO. 63, 2nd floor – Hanoi Nuoc Ngam station, no. 1 Ngoc Hoi Street, Hoang Mai District, Hanoi. CUSTOMERS HAVE TO EXCHANGE VOUCHER TO GET TICKET AT BUS STATION BEFORE BOARDING. PLEASE DO NOT GO DIRECTLY TO THE BUS, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO BOARD AND WILL MISS THE BUS. For the current information read the all information before you book your tickets online.
- Bus of TheSinh Tourist – arrive 30 minutes before departure and present voucher to board bus
2. DIRECT FLIGHTS from Hanoi to Vientiane icon-plane
- you can use these airlines from Hanoi to Vientiane: Vietnam Airlines, Lao Airlines
- the most fastest and comfortable way how to travel from Hanoi to Vientiane
- it is also the most expensive way of transport between Vietnam and Laos
- flight time is only about 1 hour from Hanoi to Vientiane
- direct flight from Hanoi to Vientiane costs about $120-180 (it can change)
- airport in Hanoi – Noi Bai International Airport
- airport in Vientiane – Wattay International Airport
- Book and buy your direct flight from Hanoi to Vientiane on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
3. TRAIN from Hanoi to Vientiane?
- NO, there is no train connection from Hanoi to Vientiane
- but, propably in the near future there will be a new railway network in Laos (more infos)
Baolau – search, book, buy tickets, flights online
– a company specializing in train, bus, ferry tickets+flights mainly for Vietnam (+Cambodia and Laos, Thailand, Myanmar..)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia…, eg. ferry to Phu Quoc, Con Dao, ferry to Quan Lan, ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phnom Penh…
– you can buy also a bus tickets (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, InterBus Lines, Sapa Express, Futabus…)
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, JetStar, VietJet Air, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– the price of tickets depends on the official price of transport company
– acceptable online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– you can select a seat or berth in the train in Vietnam
– verified company from Singapore – no cheaters, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
12go.asia – search, book, buy tickets, flights online
– a specialist for train, bus, ferry tickets, flights mainly in Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Laos…)
– from 2018 you can book train tickets for China online (Beijing to Xian, Beijing to Shanghai, Shanghai to Suzhou..)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Samui, Koh Kood, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Phi Phi…
– tickets for the major routes in Thailand, eg: Bangkok to Kanchanaburi, Bangkok to Pattaya, Bangkok to Surat Thani, Bangkok to Chiang Mai
– you can use an online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (not in Thailand)
– you can not use an online train ticket in Thailand, you have to print it – 12go can deliver these train tickets
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– if you order a ticket of private trains in Vietnam to Sapa on 12go.asia or Baolau (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
icon-info-circle Frequently asked questions – Hanoi to Vientianeicon-angle-double-down
How to book and buy bus tickets + flighs from Hanoi to Vientiane?
How long does it take to travel from Hanoi to Vientiane?
- Travel by plane to Vientiane from Hanoi takes about 1 hour – direct flight.
- Travel by sleeper tourist bus to Vientiane from Hanoi takes about 25 hours.
What is the travel distance from Hanoi to Vientiane?
- Travel distance to Vientiane from Hanoi by bus is about 800 km, by plane about 500 km.
How much does it cost to travel from Hanoi to Vientiane?
- Travel by plane to Vientiane from Hanoi costs about $120-180/pp – direct flight.
- Travel by sleeper tourist bus to Vientiane from Hanoi costs about $21-28/pp.
What is the best way of transport from Hanoi to Vientiane?
- The best and fastest way of transport from Hanoi to Vientiane is definitely to use a direct flight – only about 1 hour. Direct flights cost about $120-150/pp. Flight schedule to Vientiane is a bit limited.
What is the cheapest way of transport from Hanoi to Vientiane?
- The cheapest way of transport to Vientiane from Hanoi is to travel by tourist sleeper bus. The most cheapest bus ticket costs about $21/pp. Bus is a cheap option but it is not so comfortable for this long journey.
Is there a train from Hanoi to Vientiane?
- No, there is no direct train from Hanoi in Vietnam to Vientiane in Laos.
Is it possible to travel by boat from Hanoi to Vientiane?
- No, it is not possible to travel by boat to Vientiane from Hanoi, there is no boat connection.
Where you can travel from Vientiane?
- You can travel to Thailand, e.g. to Bangkok or you can visit Luang Prabang – another top visited place in Laos. There are various tourist buses and minivans between Vientiane and Luang Prabang (but you should know – there is no train to Luang Prabang). Another popular travel route is from Vientiane to Udon Thani by bus+train.
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your bus tickets or flights from Hanoi to Vientiane + Scheduleicon-angle-double-down
(You can change your departure, arrival, eg. Hanoi to Luang Prabang, Luang Prabang to Vientiane…)