Train to Nha Trang icon-plane Flights to Nha Trang Bus to Nha Trang icon-ticket Buy tickets
How to get and travel from Hanoi to Nha Trang? Train, plane, bus.
- From Hanoi to Nha Trang you have 3 ways how to get there. You can travel by train, plane or bus. The best way is to use a direct flight from Hanoi to Nha Trang (about 1.5 hour) and if you can – avoid the bus. Nha Trang is a typical beach area and modern town in Khanh Hoa province. There are many hotels and resorts, nice beaches, but sometimes overcrowded by tourists and visitors. The main attraction is 7 km long sand beach and nearby islands. Nha Trang is one of the most visited places, modern city in southern Vietnam. There are 3 ways how you can travel to Nha Trang from Hanoi – take a direct flight, travel by sleeper train or tourist bus, direct flight is the most comfortable and fast option.
- You can book e-tickets or flights from Hanoi to Nha Trang on Baolau or 12go.asia
Travel distance from Hanoi to Nha Trang city is about 1300 km by land.
- Trains from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City city stop also in Nha Trang, travel by train is a cheap way of transport, and you can book sleeper berth. But traveling by train from Hanoi to Nha Trang is extremely long – it takes about 27-30 hours. The best way how to get from Hanoi to Nha Trang, is to use a direct flight. Flights from Hanoi to Nha Trang cost about $44-80/pp. Direct flight from Hanoi (Noi Bai Airport) to Nha Trang (Cam Ranh Airport) can take only about 1.5 hour and these flights are operated by VietJetAir, Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar or Bamboo Airways. It is better to skip to travel by sleeper bus, because it is not comfortable. But if you want to travel by sleeper bus, you can take a sleeper bus to Hue (or Da Nang) and from these cities another bus to Nha Trang. From Nha Trang you can also travel by bus/minivan to Dalat. Book your train/bus tickets or direct flights from Hanoi to Nha Trang online.
How do I get from Hanoi to Nha Trang?
1. TRAIN from Hanoi to Nha Trang
- traveling by train in Vietnam is an interesting experience
- travel by train from Hanoi to Nha Trang takes about 24-28 hours !!!
- the trains in Vietnam are comfortable, you can buy of course snack + food
- see the Vietnam Railway Map + stations + routes
- there are several trains every day of Vietnam Railways from Hanoi
- one-way train ticket costs about 1 200 000 Dongs ($22-60/pp, soft+hard seat or berth, Vietnam Railway)
- also Violette Express Train (luxury, sleeper trains)
- Railway station in Hanoi – Hanoi Railway Station (120 Đường Lê Duẩn)
- Railway station in Nha Trang – Nha Trang Railway Station (17 Thái Nguyên)
- Book and buy train e-tickets from Hanoi to Nha Trang on Baolau or 12go.asia, secured payment
- you will get your train e-ticket to Nha Trang by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present when boarding the train in Hanoi Railway Station in Le Duan street.
2. FLIGHT from Hanoi to Nha Trang icon-plane
- there are a lot of direct flights from Hanoi to Nha Trang
- airlines from Hanoi to Nha Trang: VietJetAir, Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar or Bamboo Airways
- travel by plane from Hanoi to Nha Trang takes about 1,5 hours
- price of the one-way low cost direct flight is about 1 000 000 – 2 000 000 viet.dongs ($44-80/pp)
- the best and fastest way how to get from Hanoi to Nha Trang
- airport in Hanoi – Noi Bai International Airport
- airport in Nha Trang – Cam Ranh International Airport – the main airport serving Nha Trang area
- Nha Trang city is 30 km from the airport, several taxi companies offering a fixed fare transportation to Nha Trang
- Book and buy flight from Hanoi to Nha Trang on Baolau or 12go.asia
3. BUS from Hanoi to Nha Trang (via Hue)
You can also travel by bus, but you should know – it is about 1300 km from Hanoi to Nha Trang by land. But if you want to travel by bus, it is good idea to make a stopover eg. in Hue or Da Nang. It is about 700 km from Hanoi to Hue and about 600 km from Hue to Nha Trang. There are various tourist buses on these bus routes.
- there are long distance sleeper tourist buses
- bus companies: Queen Café, Hung Thanh, TheSinh Tourist, Hoang Long…
- travel by bus from Hanoi to Hue takes about 15 hours (bus tickets from $12-16/pp)
- travel by bus from Hue to Nha Trang takes about 14 hours (bus tickets from $12-16/pp)
- more information: Travel from Hanoi to Hue + Travel from Hue to Nha Trang
What is Baolau? Search + book tickets online.
– Baolau company sells the train, bus, ferry tickets, flights mainly for Vietnam (+Cambodia and Laos)
– you can buy also a tickets of well-known bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinh Tourist, Hung Thanh, Sapa Express…)
– you can select a seat or berth in a train in Vietnam if you book tickets on Baolau
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, VietJet Air, JetStar, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam, eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Quan Lan, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Phnom Penh…
– tickets for Malaysia (eg. Kuala Lumpur to Malacca, Penang to Langkawi, Kuala Lumpur to Cameron Highlands…)
– online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read any other information about ticket on Baolau website, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
What is 12go.asia? Search + book tickets online.
– 12go.asia sells the train, bus, ferry tickets, flights mainly to Thailand (Vietnam, Malaysia, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos)
– bus tickets for Vietnam, Thailand… (eg. Mekong Express, Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, Hung Thanh…)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Rong, Koh Tao, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Chang…
– from 2018 you can book train tickets for China online (Beijing to Shanghai, Beijing to Xian, Shanghai to Hangzhou..)
– tickets for the main frequented routes in Thailand, eg: Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Bangkok to Hua Hin, Bangkok to Phuket
– it is possible to use an online train e-ticket in Vietnam in your mobile phone (not in Thailand)
– you can not use an online train e-ticket in Thailand, you have to print it
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand>
– if you order an train ticket in Baolau or 12go for tourist trains in Vietnam to Sapa (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– read in article about transportation in Vietnam and information about 12go.asia
icon-info-circle Faqs + Tips – Travel route from Hanoi to Nha Trangicon-angle-double-down
How to book and buy tickets/flights from Hanoi to Nha Trang?
How long does it take to get from Hanoi to Nha Trang?
- Travel by plane from Hanoi to Nha Trang takes about 1.5 hour – direct flight.
- Travel by train from Hanoi to Nha Trang takes about 24-28 hours.
- Travel by tourist bus from Hanoi to Nha Trang (via Hue) takes about 30 hours.
What is the travel distance from Hanoi to Nha Trang?
- Travel distance from Hanoi to Nha Trang is about 1300 km by train/bus and about 1100 km by plane.
How much does it cost to travel from Hanoi to Nha Trang?
- Travel by plane from Hanoi to Nha Trang costs about $40-80/pp.
- Travel by train from Hanoi to Nha Trang costs about $22-60/pp.
- Travel by bus from Hanoi to Nha Trang (via Hue) costs about $24-32/pp.
What is the best way of transport from Hanoi to Nha Trang?
- The best way (if you want to skip central Vietnam) of transportation from Hanoi to Nha Trang is to travel by plane. It is very fast and sometimes also very cheap, direct flight from Hanoi to Nha Trang costs about $40-80/pp.
What is the cheapest option of transport from Hanoi to Nha Trang?
- The cheapest way of transport to Nha Trang from Hanoi is to travel by train of Vietnam Railways, the most cheapest train tickest start already at $20/pp.
Where to travel from Nha Trang?
Are there also some luxury trains from Hanoi Nha Trang?
- There are luxury tourist trains from Hanoi to Da Nang – Lotus Train, Violette Train, Laman Express and Livitrans Express. There is also Lotus Train from Da Nang to Nha Trang.
Train from Hanoi to Nha Trang – Schedule / Timetable / Train Ticketsicon-angle-double-down
Train Schedule - Hanoi to Nha Trang
Departs in Hanoi
Arrival in Nha Trang
Train SE1 (soft seat, sleeper)
22:21 (24 hours)
Train SE3 (soft seat, sleeper)
21:07 (25h 42m)
Train SE5 (soft+hard seat, sleeper)
10:44 (25h 54m)
Train SE7 (soft+hard seat, sleeper)
08:24 (26h 24m)
Train SE9 (soft+hard seat, sleeper)
18:55 (28h 30m)
Train SE11 (soft+hard seat, sleeper)
11:57 (27h 57m)
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your train tickets or flights from Hanoi to Nha Trang + Scheduleicon-angle-double-down
(You can change your travel route, eg. Hanoi to Da Nang, Da Nang to Nha Trang…)
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: