Phan Thiet – a nice place with the beaches, tourist and relaxing place.
Phan Thiết is the city in the administrative center of the province of Bình Thuận. It lies on the coast of the South China Sea, 200 km northeast of Ho Chi Minh City and about 250 km south of Nha Trang. This city has about 350 000 inhabitants. The city is a center of fishing and fish sauce production. Since 1995, the number of foreigners came here to watch the solar eclipse. Phan Thiet and Mui Ne are also a popular tourist sites with plenty of sandy beaches, Mui Ne is about 10 km east of Phan Thiet.
Mui Ne was a formerly a fishing village, now it is a big tourist place.
Mui Ne is a favorite among fans of kitesurfing and windsurfing. Near the town are Po Sha Nu towers, monument from the period of the Cham kingdom and monastery on Ta Cu mountain, wire with 49 meters long reclining Buddha. Every year in August, this place held the Cau Ngu feast, the residents whale worship god. During the war in Vietnam there was the US military base known as Firebase Betty. Mui Ne it is well known for the large sand dunes in the area.
1. TRAIN from Nha Trang to Ma Lam
– trains in Vietnam is quite an interesting experience
– travel by train from Nha Trang to Ma Lam takes about 4-5 hours
– trains are comfortable and refurbished, you can buy snack, food
– see the Vietnam railways map
– there are 2 trains every day of Vietnam Railways from Nha Trang to Ma Lam
– Ma Lam town is about 15 km from Phan Thiet, you need to take a taxi or local bus
– one-way train ticket costs about 100 000 – 200 000 viet.dongs ($4-8)
– train station in Nha Trang – Nha Trang Railway Station (17 Thai Nguyen)
– train station in Ma Lam – Ma Lam Railway Station (QL28, Ham Thuan Bac, Binh Thuan)
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy train e-tickets from Nha Trang to Ma Lam online on Baolau or 12go.asia
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present when boarding the train
2. BUS from Nha Trang to Phan Thiet or Mui Ne
– yes, some tourist buses operate on this route (Hahn Cafe, The SinhTourist)
– these buses go directly to Phanh Thiet or Mui Ne
– travel by bus to Phan Thiet or Mui Ne takes about 4-5 hours
– bus ticket price is about 200 000 – 300 000 viet.dongs ($8-12)
– arrive 30-60 minutes before departure and present voucher to board bus
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy bus e-tickets from Nha Trang to Phan Thiet or Mui Ne online on 12go.asia
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet
What is Baolau?
– a company specializing in train, bus, ferry tickets, flights mainly for Vietnam (also a tickets for Cambodia and Laos)
– company offers also a tickets of the bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, Futabus…)
– company offers flights of Vietnamese Airlines, VietJet Air, JetStar, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam, eg. ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Vung Tau, ferry to Phnom Penh…
– you can use online train e-ticket in mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– verified company from Singapore – no cheaters and scammers
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– you can select a seat or berth in the train
– the final price you will see before making of payment transaction
– read other information about tickets before you order, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
What is 12go.asia?
– a specialist for bus, train, ferry tickets, flights mainly in Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Malaysia)
– bus tickets of various companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, InterBus Lines, Futabus…)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Samui, Koh Chang, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Lanta…
– you can not use an online train ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– you can use an online train ticket in Vietnam in your mobile phone (not in Thailand)
– if you order an train ticket in Baolau or 12go for tourist trains in Vietnam to Sapa (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam