- Phu Quy Island (Đảo Phú Quý) is a small isolated island in Binh Thuan province, it is only about 7 km long. The island is 16.5 km² in area. This island you can visit if you are already in Phan Thiet or Mui Ne. This island is visited mainly by Vietnamese, it is not a tourist hell like another sites of Vietnam. There are a few beaches for visitors and there are also some viewpoints on Phu Quy Island, e.g. viewpoints like Núi Cao Cát or Hải đăng Phú Quý. There is a lighthouse that sits on Cam Mountain, this site provides the best view to the island, so you should visit this site.
- This is not a party island, if you are looking for disco bars, there is not this kind of fun, there are only some small karaokes. ATM machines are available, there are also various small restaurants or cafés around the island. There is no public transportation around the island, but you can rent a motorbike/scooter or bicycle at your hotel. There is only one way how to reach Phu Quy from Phan Thiet – travel by ferry/boat. Phu Quy has no airport for commmercial flights, travel by plane is not possible. There is only a military airport, so sometimes you can see some helicopters.
From Phan Thiet to Phu Quy Island you can travel by ferry/boat.
- Travel distance from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy Island is about 120 km by ferry/boat. There is the only one direct way how to reach Phu Quy from Phan Thiet – you can travel by ferry/boat. Travel by ferry/boat from Phan Thiet Port (Cảng Vận Tải Phan Thiết) to Phu Quy Port (Cảng Phú Quý) takes about 2.5 hours and ferry tickets cost about $15/pp. You can also use this way of transfer if you want to travel back from Phu Quy to Phan Thiet.
- Ferry schedule between Phan Thiet and Phu Quy is limited, so if you can not find your ferry connection online, try to change your date of departure. This ferry service depends on the sea and weather conditions. During the tropical storm season from August to November, this ferry service between Phan Thiet to Phu Quy may be interrupted. Book your ferry/boat tickets from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy Island easily online. From Phan Thiet you can also travel to Da Lat.
How do I get from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy?
1. FERRY/BOAT from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy
- from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy Island you can travel by ferry/boat
- boat company from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy Island: Superdong Speed Ferry
- travel by ferry/boat from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy Island takes about 2.5 hours
- ferry ticket from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy Island costs about $15/pp
- ferry to Phu Quy departs from: Phan Thiet Passenger Port (Cảng Vận Tải Phan Thiết)
- ferry from Phan Thiet arrives to Phu Quy Port (Cảng Phú Quý, Phú Quý)
- arrive about 60 minutes before departure of the ferry and present your voucher (print your e-ticket)
- baggage by person on the ferry: maximum 20 kg
- ferry schedule to Phu Quy is limited, if you do not find your connection – try to change your date
- Book your ferry/boat e-tickets from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy Island online on Baolau icon-external-link-square
- you will receive your ferry e-ticket from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy by email, ready to print or carry in your smart phone and present at the ferry/boat port before boarding the ferry from Phan Thiet
icon-info-circle FAQ + TIPS – Travel from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy Islandicon-angle-double-down
How to book + buy ferry tickets from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy Island?
- You can book ferry/boat tickets from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy online on Baolau.
- You can also search and book another travel routes and tickets, flights in Vietnam.
How long does it take to get by ferry from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy?
- Travel by ferry/boat of Superdong Speed Ferry from Phan Thiet Port to Phu Quy Port takes about 2.5 hours.
What is the travel distance from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy Island?
- Travel distance from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy Island is about 120 km by ferry/boat.
What is the price of ferry tickets from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy Island?
- Travel by ferry/boat of Superdong Speed Ferry from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy costs about $15/pp.
Is there a flight from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy Island?
- No, Phu Quy Island has no commercial airport, so it is not possible to travel by plane to this island. There is only one small military airport.
Is there also another way how to travel to Phu Quy?
- No, there is no other way how to reach Phu Quy Island, you can travel only by ferry, boat to this site.
How to go back from Phuy Quy to Phan Thiet + Mui Ne?
- The same way how you arrive to Phu Quy. So, you can travel by ferry of Superdong Speed Ferry to Phan Thiet port.
How to get to Phu Quy Island from Ho Chi Minh City?
- First you have to travel by bus/train or private car from Saigon to Phan Thiet and from Phan Thiet by ferry to Phu Quy. There are various tourist buses or minivans from Saigon to Phan Thiet and Mui Ne every day.
Where to stay in Phu Quy Island? Hotel, resort or guesthouse?
How to explore Phu Quy Island?
- The best way how to explore Phu Quy Island is to rent a motorbike, scooter at the hotel. Ask at the hotel for this option.
Are there some buses or train on Phu Quy Island?
- No, there are no public buses and no trains on this island.
Where to eat in Phu Quy Island?
- There are various small mainly sea-food restaurants and cafés around the island, do not worry.
icon-arrow-circle-right Book ferry / boat tickets from Phan Thiet to Phu Quy + Scheduleicon-angle-double-down
(You can also change your travel route, e.g. Phu Quy > Phan Thiet, Phan Thiet > Ho Chi Minh…)
Phan Thiet to Saigonicon-angle-double-right