From Vung Tau to Con Dao Islands you can travel by ferry/boat or bus+plane.
- Travel distance from Vung Tau to Con Dao (Con Son) is about 190 km. There is the only direct way how to get from Vung Tau to Con Dao – you can travel by ferry/boat. Travel by ferry from Vung Tau to Con Dao takes about 3-4 hours and ferry tickets cost about $28-55/pp. Another option how to get to Con Dao is to travel by bus to Ho Chi Minh City and travel by plane (direct flight from Saigon – Tan Son Nhat Airport to Con Dao). There are also some private flights by helicopter from Vung Tau. Book your ferry/boat tickets from Vung Tau to Con Dao easily online, you can also book bus tickets to Saigon and direct flights to Con Dao from Saigon.
- Book ferry/boat tickets from Vung Tau to Con Dao (Con Son) online
- The Con Dao Islands (Côn Đảo Archipelago) – an archipelago of Bà Rịa–Vũng Tàu Province in southern Vietnam. These isolated islands are not so visited by foreign tourist, but in the near future it could change. Con Dao Islands consists from 16 small islands and the total land area reaches 75.15 km². Many of these islands are a part of the protected area of Con Dao National Park. The largest islands is Côn Sơn and in this island it is possible to accommodate and there is also the Con Dao Airport. There are direct flights between Ho Chi Minh City and Con Dao. You can also travel to Con Dao from Soc Trang by boat. Soc Trang is accessible by bus from Saigon.
How to go from Vung Tau to Con Dao Islands?
1. FERRY / BOAT from Vung Tau to Con Dao
- from Vung Tau to Con Dao Islands you can travel by ferry/boat
- boat company from Vung Tau to Con Dao: Phu Quoc Express
- travel by ferry/boat from Vung Tau to Con Dao takes about 3-3.5 hours
- ferry ticket from Vung Tau to Con Dao costs about $28-55/pp (depends on the class)
- you can book two class seats in this ferry (VIP and ECO)
- Vung Tau port: 126 Hạ Long, Phường 2, Vũng Tàu, Tỉnh Bà Rịa
- Con Dao port: Ben Dam Port Côn Sơn, Côn Đảo
- arrive about 60 minutes before departure and present your voucher (print your e-ticket)
- baggage by person: maximum 15kg, children under 6 years of age are not eligible for baggage
- passengers must bring identification (ID card or driver’s license or passport)
- Book your ferry e-tickets from Vung Tau to Con Dao online on Baolau icon-external-link-square
- you will receive your ferry e-ticket from Vung Tau to Con Dao by email, ready to print or carry in your smart phone or tablet and present at the ferry/boat station before boarding the ferry from Ho Chi Minh City
- It is recommended to confirm the schedule with the operator on the same day as departure, especially during the typhoon season from June – November since ferry services may be interrupted due to weather conditions
2. BUS + FLIGHT from Vung Tau to Con Dao
A) Bus/Van from Vung Tau to Ho Chi Minh City
- from Vung Tau you can travel by bus/van to Ho Chi Minh City
- travel by bus/van from Vung Tau to Ho Chi Minh City takes about 2.5-3 hours
- comfortable minivans, tourist buses…
- bus companies: Kumho Samco, Ouros Travel, Futabus, Phu Hai…
- one-way bus ticket from Vung Tau to Ho Chi Minh City costs about $7-12/pp
- from Vung Tau to Ho Chi Minh City you can also travel by ferry or private car (book tickets on Baolau, 12go.asia)
- Book bus e-tickets from Vung Tau to Ho Chi Minh on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
B) Direct flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Con Dao
- there are some direct flights from Ho Chi Minh City to Con Dao
- direct flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Con Dao takes about 1 hour
- Côn Đảo Airport is situated on the largest island in the Archipelago: Côn Sơn Island
- one-way direct flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Con Dao costs about $80-390/pp
- flights from Ho Chi Minh City to Con Dao are operated by Vietnam Airlines
- Book your flight from Ho Chi Minh to Con Dao on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
Baolau > Search and book tickets and flights online
– online tickets booking for Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Malysia, Mynamar, Philippines…)
– flights of various airlines in Asia – Vietnamese Airlines, VietJet Air, JetStar, AirAsia..
– ferry tickets for Vietnam, Thailand… (eg. ferries to Phu Quoc, ferries to Cat Ba Island, ferries to Nam Du Island…)
– tickets for Malaysia (eg. Kuala Lumpur to Malacca, Malacca to Penang, Malacca to Singapore…)
– accpetable online railway e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (Recommended – print your ticket)
– official prices of transport companies/airlines, you can select a seat or berth in the train
– read carefully also frequently asked questions on Baolau website
12go.asia > Search and book tickets and flights online
– book train, bus, ferry/boat tickets for Thailand, Vietnam<, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, Sri Lanka…)
– it is possible to book train tickets for China online (Beijing to Shanghai, Shanghai to Nanjing, Shanghai to Hangzhou..)
– ferry tickets for Vietnam, Thailand…eg. Koh Lanta to Koh Phi Phi, Krabi to Koh Samui, Koh Phangan to Krabi…
– tickets for the major transfer routes in Thailand, eg: Bangkok to Ayutthaya, Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Bangkok to Kanchanaburi…
– it is not possible to use your online train ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (read the information on 12go.asia)
– read the information about train tickets and traveling by train in Thailand
– you can use your online train ticket in Vietnam in your smartphone/tablet (not in Thailand)
– if you book a ticket of private trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai at 12go.asia/Baolau (Chapa, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
icon-info-circle FAQ + TIPS – Transfer from Vung Tau to Con Dao Islands:
1️⃣ How to book+buy tickets from Vung Tau to Con Dao Islands?
- You can book ferry tickets from Vung Tau to Con Dao online on Baolau. You can also book bus/ferry tickets from Vung Tau to Saigon and direct flights from Saigon to Con Dao Islands..
2️⃣ How long does it take to travel from Vung Tau to Con Dao?
- Travel by ferry/boat from Vung Tau to Con Dao Islands takes about 3.5 hours.
- Travel by bus+plane from Vung Tau to Con Dao Islands (stop in Saigon) takes about 5-6 hours.
3️⃣ Travel distance from Vung Tau to Con Dao, how far is Con Dao?
- Travel distance from Vung Tau to Con Dao Islands is about 190 km if you travel by ferry/boat.
4️⃣ What is the price of tickets from Vung Tau to Con Dao?
- Travel by ferry/boat from Vung Tau to Con Dao Islands costs about $28-30/pp.
- Travel by bus+plane from Vung Tau to Con Dao Islands costs about $90-390/pp.
5️⃣ Is it possible to travel by plane from Vung Tau to Con Dao?
- No, it is not possible to travel by plane from Vung Tau to Con Dao. There are only direct flights from Ho Chi Minh City to Con Dao Islands. So if you want to use to travel by plane to Con Dao, you have to travel back to Ho Chi Minh City. There is also an option to travel by helicopter from Vung Tau to Con Dao (operated by Vietnamhelitours).
Is there also another way how to get to Con Dao?
- Yes, there are also some ferries and boats from Soc Trang in southern Vietnam. It is the most fastest way if you travel by ferry to Con Dao.
How to go back from Con Dao to Ho Chi Minh City?
- You can travel by the same way how you came to Con Dao. There are ferries and boats from Con Dao to Vung Tau or Soc Trang, or you can travel by plane to Ho Chi Minh City.
From which islands Con Dao consists?
- Con Dao Archipelago consists from 16 small islands: Côn Sơn, Little Côn Lôn Island, Bảy Cạnh Island, Cau Island, Bông Lan Island, Vung Island, Ngọc Island, Trứng Island, Tài Lớn Island, Tài Nhỏ Island Trác Lớn Island, Trác Nhỏ Island, Tre Lớn Island, Tre Nhỏ Island, Anh Island, Em Island.
Is there a railway and trains on Con Dao?
- No, there is no railway on Con Dao, travel by train in these islands is not possible.
Where to stay in Con Dao Islands?
- There are various small hotels, resorts or guesthouses, these hotels are situated on Con Son Island. You can book your accommodation in Con Dao online.
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your ferry / boat tickets from Vung Tau to Con Dao + Schedule:
(You can also change your travel route, e.g. Vung Tau > Ho Chi Minh, Ho Chi Minh to Con Dao…)