- Travel distance from Phu Quoc Island to Koh Rong Sanloem in Cambodia is about 245 km by land via Ha Tien, Kampot and Sihanoukville. The most popular option of getting to Koh Rong from Phu Quoc is to travel by boat + bus + train. You have to travel by boat to Ha Tien, from Ha Tien to Kampot by minibus, from Kampot to Sihanoukville by bus/train and from Sihanoukville you can take a boat or ferry to Koh Rong. Travel time by this way of transfer is about 9-10 hours and it costs totally about $40-60/pp. You will be traveling via The Prek Chak/Xa Xia border crossing to Cambodia in Ha Tien. From Ha Tien to Sihanoukville you can not travel by train, there is no railway. But you can travel by train of Royal Railway from Kampot to Sihanoukville in Cambodia. From Sihanoukville you can also travel by bus to Koh Kong.
- Koh Rong has no airport, the closest airport is in Sihanoukville, about 25 km from Koh Rong. Teoretically it is possible to travel by plane from Phu Quoc to Sihanoukville by plane, but with stopover in Ho Chi Minh City. But this way is not a good idea, it also takes a lot of time. Koh Rong is about 25 km from Sihanoukville and this island is accessible only by boat or speedferry, boats arrives to various places in Koh Rong. You can search and book ferry / bus / train tickets to Koh Rong Sanloem from Phu Quoc Island easily online.
- Book your boat+bus e-tickets from Phu Quoc Island to Koh Rong Sanloem online
From Phu Quoc to Phnom Penh you can travel by boat+bus/train or plane.
- Koh Rong Sanloem – the most popular tourist and 2nd largest island in Cambodia. Sihanoukville and nearby islands like Koh Rong Sanloem are the best places for beach relax in Cambodia. There are beautiful sandy beaches, various accommodation facilities and services for tourists. Koh Rong Sanloem is a smaller and quiter island, Koh Rong and the port of Koh Toch is the second and largest island. The whole island has 78 km², but most are covered by jungles.
- There are a lot of beautiful beaches in seven bays. Many of them are still completely deserted and are accessible only by boat. You can also travel to more distant beaches by so-called water taxi. The village of Koh Toch is the busiest place on the island – if you are not looking for complete solitude, you can stay right here. There are restaurants and also accommodation for tourists. Read carefully the informations how to get to Koh Rong below.
How do I get from Phu Quoc to Koh Rong?
1. BOAT + BUS/TRAIN from Phu Quoc to Koh Rong
A) BOAT or FERRY from Phu Quoc Island to Ha Tien Port
- travel time by boat / ferry from Phu Quoc Island to Ha Tien Port is about 1,5 hour
- ferry and boats from Phu Quoc arrive to Ha Tien port (Đường Kim Dư)
- ferry and boats depart from Bai Vong Fast Boat Pier (Cầu Tàu) in Phu Quoc Island
- transfer by ferry/boat from Phu Quoc Island to Ha Tien Port costs about $10-18/pp
- private boat company from Phu Quoc to Ha Tien: Superdong or Phu Quoc Express
- it is recommended to print your ferry ticket from Phu Quoc to Ha Tien
B) BUS / MINIBUS from Ha Tien to Kampot
- you can travel by Champa Tourist Bus from Ha Tien to Kampot via border crossing
- travel time by bus / minibus from Ha Tien to Kampot is about 1.5 hour
- transport by bus from Ha Tien to Kampot in Cambodia costs about $10/pp
- Ha Tien Port and town in Vietnam is about 50 km south of Kampot town
- Ha Tien in southern Vietnam is the closest border town to Cambodia in this area
C) BUS or TRAIN from Kampot to Sihanoukville
- you have 2 ways how to get from Kampot to Sihanoukville – by bus/minivan or train of Royal Railway
- travel from Kampot to Sihanoukville takes about 3-4 hours by bus and about 2.5 hours by train
- bus ticket from Kampot to Sihanoukville costs about $8-9/pp, train ticket costs about $5/pp
- there are private minivans or minibus and train of Royal Railway of Cambodia to Sihanoukville
- train of Royal Railway to Sihanoukville go only on Saturday, Sunday, Monday
- bus companies to Sihanoukville: Champa Tourist Bus, CTT Transportation
- read this article: How to reach Sihanoukville from Kampot?
D) FERRY or BOAT from Sihanoukville to Koh Rong
- the only way how it is possible to travel from Sihanoukville to Koh Rong is by boat/ferry
- travel time from Sihanoukville to Koh Rong Island is about 45 minutes – 1.5 hour
- transfer by boat/ferry to Koh Rong from Sihanoukville costs about $12-25/pp
- you can also book round trip, Sihanoukville – Koh Rong – Sihanoukville
- private boat companies to Koh Rong: Buva Sea Cambodia, Speed Ferry Cambodia, GTVC Speed Boat…
- boats arrive to various sites on Koh Rong: Koh Toch Port, Long Set Beach, Coconut Beach, Sok San Beach…
- read this article: How to reach Koh Rong from Sihanoukville?
icon-info-circle FAQ + TIPS – Travel route from Phu Quoc to Koh Rong:
How to book ferry, bus, train tickets from Phu Quoc to Koh Rong?
- Book ferry, bus, train tickets from Phu Quoc Island to Koh Rong Island on Baolau.
- You can change your travel route, e.g. Phu Quoc > Ha Tien, Kampot > Sihanoukville…
What is the travel time from Phu Quoc Island to Koh Rong?
- Travel by boat + bus/train from Phu Quoc to Koh Rong (via Ha Tien, Kampot, Sihanoukville) takes about 9-10 hours. This time can change, it depends on the stopovers in Cambodia.
How far is Koh Rong Island from Phu Quoc Island?
- Travel distance from Phu Quoc to Koh Rong Island is about 245 km by boat+bus/train via Ha Tien, Sihanoukville.
How much does it cost to travel from Phu Quoc to Koh Rong?
- Travel by boat+bus/train from Phu Quoc Island to Koh Rong Island costs about $40-60/pp.
Is there a direct flight from Phu Quoc to Koh Rong in Cambodia?
- No, Koh Rong Island has no airport. The closest airport is in Sihanoukville town, teoretically you can travel by plane to Sihanoukville with stopover in Ho Chi Minh City, but this option does not make a sense because it takes a lot of travel time. From Sihanoukville International Airport you can also travel by plane to Vietnam.
Is it possible to travel by train from Ha Tien to Sihanoukville?
- No, there is no train from Ha Tien to Sihanoukville via border crossing. You can travel by train of Royal Railway from Kampot to Sihanoukville, there is no other railway route to Sihanoukville.
What is the cheapest way of transfer from Phu Quoc to Koh Rong?
- The most cheapest option how to travel to Koh Rong in Cambodia from Phu Quoc in Vietnam is by ferry+bus and boat via Ha Tien, Kampot and Sihanoukville. There is no other cheap option of transfer to Koh Rong.
Where you can also travel from Sihanoukville in Cambodia?
- From Sihanoukville you can also travel to Koh Kong Island. Koh Kong is not so visited and popular island, located about 235 north of Sihanoukville town. Travel time by bus to this site is about 5 hours. You can also travel to Siem Reap via Phnom Penh, in this site you can visit Angkor Wat Temple Complex.
Where to stay and book your hotel, resort in Koh Rong Sanloem?
- Koh Rong Sanloem offers various small accommodation facilities, like beach bungalows, resorts.
- You can search and book your accommodation online > Book accommodation in Koh Rong here.
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your ferry + bus / train tickets from Phu Quoc to Koh Rong:
(You can search another travel routes… eg. Phu Quoc > Ha Tien, Ha Tien > Kampot, Kampot > Sihanoukville…)