Bus from Saigon to Siem Reap icon-plane Flight from Saigon to Siem Reap icon-ticket Buy ticket
Siem Reap in Cambodia – the gate to the Angkor Wat temple complex. Siem Reap is one of the most visited cities in Southeast Asia, because in this city you can visit the most historical temple complex in Cambodia and in the world – Angkor Wat temple complex. Angkor Wat temple is written in Unesco cultural heritage and it is about 5 km north of the Siem Reap City. Siem Reap City is about 600 km from Ho Chi Minh City if you travel by bus across the Phnom Penh City. Phnom Penh is about 330 km from Siem Reap.
Siem Reap City is about 10 km from the very large Tonle Sap lake.
Siem Reap is interesting mainly for the Angkor Wat temple complex, but you can visit also another interesting sites. You can buy a boat ride on the huge Tonle Sap lake, and see some nearby floating villages of the local people. This lake is about 120 km long and about 40 km wide. Another points of interest around the Angkor Wat temple are Angkor Thom, Bayon Temple, Baphuon, Preah Khan Temple, Jayatataka, Ta Som Temple, East Baray, Phnom Bakheng and another tens of smaller temples. From Ho Chi Minh to Siem Reap you can go by bus or you can buy a flight. There is no train connection.
1. BUS from Ho Chi Minh City to Siem Reap
– yes, also buses run, a cheapest option of transport between Saigon and Siem Reap
– there are direct buses or buses with stopover in Phnom Penh
– stopover in Phnom Penh (the capital of Cambodia, 330 km from Siem Reap, 250 km from Ho Chi Minh City)
– travel by bus from Saigon to Siem Reap can take about 12-20 hours (depends on the stopover in Phnom Penh)
– bus ticket price is about 600 000 – 800 000 viet.dongs ($25 – 33)
– verified bus companies – Kumho Samco, Giant Ibis, Mekong Express, The Sinh Tourist, TheroExpress
– Kumho Samco, TheSinh Tourist, Giant Ibis – come to the bus at least 30 minutes before departure (print your e-ticket)
– bus of Mekong Express – come to the bus at least 60 minutes before departure (print your e-ticket)
– bus of Thero Express – bring your voucher to the office address stated 30 minutes before departure time to exchange for ticket and board bus. You may either print or show the voucher on your smartphone/tablet.
– read all necessary information before you buy bus tickets
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy bus e-tickets from Saigon to Siem Reap online on Baolau or 12go.asia
2. FLIGHTS from Ho Chi Minh City to Siem Reap icon-plane
– there are also direct flights between Saigon and Siem Reap
– airlines: Vietnam Airlines, Cambodia Angkor Air
– flight time is approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes
– the price of the one-way low-cost flight is about 4 000 000 – 5 000 000 viet.dongs ($150-180)
– airport in Ho Chi Minh City – Tan Son Nhat Airport, airport in Siem Reap – Siem Reap Airport (5 km from Angkor Wat)
– travel by plane is the fastest but the most expensive way of the transfer between Saigon and Siem Reap
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy flights from Saigon to Siem Reap online on Baolau or 12go.asia
Angkor Wat is one of the seven modern wonders of the world.
Angkor Wat temple complex is located about six kilometers north of Siem Reap. This massive complex was built during the 12th century and it is believed that it took almost 30 years to complete the construction. The temple is dedicated to Hindu god Vishnu. Angkor Wat is the largest monument of the Angkor group.
> it is believed to have been used as a funerary temple for King Suryavarman II
> the Wat is 213 meters tall and three levels, each one is higher and smaller than the lower one
> the overall plan of the complex mimics the shape of a lotus bud
> the wat is considered to be a microcosm of the universe in stone and occupies about 500 acres of land
> the wat is accessible through its western entrance which is flanked by stone lions
What is Baolau?
– Baolau sells the train, bus, ferry e-tickets and flights mainly for Vietnam (+ tickets for Cambodia and Laos)
– company offers also a tickets larger bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinh Tourist, Futabus, Sapa Express…)
– company offers flights of Vietnamese airlines, VietJet Air, JetStar, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam, eg. ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phnom Penh…
– verified company from Singapore – no cheaters
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– you will see the final price before making the payment transaction
– you can use online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read in the order any other information about tickets, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
What is 12go.asia?
– 12go.asia sells the bus, train, ferry e-tickets and flights mainly to Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Laos, Malaysia, Cambodia)
– bus tickets for Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia… (eg. Mai Linh, Futabus, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, Hung Thanh…)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Chang, Koh Rong, Koh Samui, Koh Phi Phi…
– you can not use an online train e-ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– you can use an online train ticket in Vietnam (not in Thailand)
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
– if you order an train ticket in Baolau or 12go for tourist trains in Vietnam to Sapa (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station