- Siem Reap in Cambodia belongs to the most visited and overcrowded tourist sites in Cambodia. This is because, you can visit there the most archeological monuments inn the world – Angkor Wat Temple Complex. But, it is good to know, Siem Reap is not only the Angkor Wat Temple Complex. In the surrounding you can find another interesting sites, eg. Tonle Sap Lake or another small temples and historical ruins. From Siem Reap in Cambodia you can also travel to Thailand or another site in Cambodia. Siem Reap has no railway, so it is not possible to travel by train, but you can travel by train to Ho Chi Minh City in southern Vietnam. There are 3 options how you can travel from Hanoi to Siem Reap – direct flight, train+bus via Saigon or bus via Laos (Vientiane, Pakse, Don Det…).
- You can book tickets + flights from Hanoi to Siem Reap on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
From Hanoi to Siem Reap you can travel by plane, bus, train+bus.
- Travel distance from Hanoi to Siem Reap in Cambodia is about 2200 km by train+bus (via Saigon) and about 1000 km by direct flight. The best and fastest way how to reach Siem Reap from Hanoi is to take a direct flight. Direct flight from Hanoi (Noi Bai Airport) to Siem Reap takes about 2 hours and it costs about $60-220/pp. Siem Reap Airport is only about 5 km from the city centre. Another option is to travel by train + bus via Ho Chi Minh City and Phnom Penh in Cambodia. You can travel by sleeper train from Hanoi to Saigon, from Saigon to Phnom Penh and Siem Reap by bus. There is no railway from Saigon to Phnom Penh and Siem Reap and there are various tourist buses or minivans from Saigon to Cambodia. Travel time by train of Vietnam Railways + bus via Saigon and Phnom Penh takes about 47+ hours. Travel by train+bus from Hanoi to Siem Reap (via Saigon) costs about $50+/pp. The last way is to travel by sleeper bus via Laos (via Vientiane, Pakse, Don Det), but this way also takes a lot of time and it is not comfortable. From Siem Reap you can travel to Bangkok in Thailand. Search and book tickets or flights from Hanoi to Siem Reap easily online.
How do I get from Hanoi to Siem Reap?
1. FLIGHTS from Hanoi to Siem Reap
- the most comfortable and fastest way of travel between Hanoi and Siem Reap
- there are also direct flights from Hanoi to Siem Reap
- flight time is about 2 hours (direct flight), flight with stopover (6 hours)
- airlines to Siem Reap: Vietnam Airlines, VietJet Air (direct flights), Thai Air Asia (stopover in Bangkok)
- one-way low-cost direct flight from Hanoi to Siem Reap costs about $60-220/pp
- airport in Hanoi – Noi Bai International Airport, airport in Siem Reap – Siem Reap Airport (5 km from Angkor Wat)
- the plane is the fastest but the most expensive way of the transfer
- Book and buy flights from Hanoi to Siem Reap online on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
- from Hanoi city centre to Noi Bai Airport you can travel by Express Bus No.86 or taxi
2. TRAIN + BUS from Hanoi to Siem Reap
1. TRAIN from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
- travel by train from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City can take about 35 hours!
- trains are modern, comfortable and renowated, you can buy food and you can take a sleep (berth cabs)
- a good type of travel if you want to see the country
- there are about 5 trains every day of Vietnam Railways from Hanoi to Saigon
- also luxury tourist coach Violette Express Train (2x higher price)
- one-way train ticket to Saigon from Hanoi costs about $28-70/pp, depends on the type train
- railway station in Hanoi – Hanoi Railway Station (120 Le Duan)
- railway station in Ho Chi Minh City – Saigon Railway Station (01 Nguyen Thong)
- Book and buy train e-tickets from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City online on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
- this is a top travel route from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City – recommended – book your train tickets online!
- you will receive your train e-ticket to Ho Chi Minh City by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter before boarding the train in Hanoi Railway Station
- you can also read this article > Hanoi to Saigon – Train Schedule
2. BUS from Ho Chi Minh City to Siem Reap (via Phnom Penh)
- this travel route can take up to 12-20 hours (depends on the stopover in Phnom Penh)
- a cheapest option of transport between Saigon and Siem Reap
- direct buses or buses with stopover in Phnom Penh (the capital of Cambodia, 250 km from Ho Chi Minh City)
- bus ticket price about 600 000 – 800 000 viet.dongs (about $26-33/pp)
- verified bus companies – Mekong Express, Giant Ibis, The Sinh Tourist, TheroExpress
- bus of TheSinh Tourist, Giant Ibis – come to the bus at least 30 minutes before departure (print your e-ticket)
- bus of Mekong Express – come to the bus at least 60 minutes before departure (print your e-ticket)
- bus of Thero Express – bring your voucher to the office address stated 30 minutes before departure time to exchange for ticket and board bus. You may either print or show the voucher on your smartphone/tablet.
- Book and buy bus e-tickets from Ho Chi Minh to Siem Reap online on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
- you will receive your bus e-ticket to Siem Reap by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter of the station before boarding the bus in Ho Chi Minh City
- you can also read this article > How to go from Saigon to Siem Reap?
3. BUS (Hanoi > Vientiane > Pakse > Siem Reap)
- this is the most effective bus route through Laos, challenging journey
- you can make a stop in Laos (Vientiane, Pakse, Don Det)
- yes, you shoukd know it takes a lot of time and it is not comfortable
Baolau – search, book, buy tickets and flights online
– Baolau sells the train, bus, ferry tickets, flights for Vietnam (+ tickets for Cambodia, Malaysia and Laos)
– company offers also a tickets larger bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinh Tourist, Futabus, EcoSapa…)
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, JetStar, VietJet Air, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– tickets for the ferries (eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Quan Lan, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry Koh Rong – Siem Reap, Vung Tau…)
– tickets for travel routes in Vietnam (eg. Da Lat to Hoi An, Hue to Ninh Binh, Hanoi to Ha Long Bay…)
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– you will see the final price before making the payment transaction
– you can use online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read in the order any other information about ticket, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
12go.asia – search, book, buy tickets and flights online
– 12go.asia sells the train, bus, ferry tickets, flights mainly to Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia)
– from 2018 you can book train tickets for China online (Shenzhen to Guangzhou, Shanghai to Suzhou, Shanghai to Guangzhou..)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Rong, Koh Phangan, Koh Kood, Phi Phi…
– train tickets for the most frequented routes in Thailand – Bangkok > Surat Thani, Bangkok > Hua Hin, Bangkok > Krabi..
– you can not use an online train e-ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– you can use an online train ticket in Vietnam in your phone
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
– if you buy a ticket of private trains in Vietnam to Sapa on 12go.asia or Baolau (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
icon-info-circle FAQ + TIPS – Travel route from Hanoi to Siem Reap:
How to book bus/train tickets + flights from Hanoi to Siem Reap?
How long does it take to travel from Hanoi to Siem Reap?
- Travel by train+bus from Hanoi to Siem Reap (via Ho Chi Minh City) takes about 47+ hours
- Travel by plane – direct flight from Hanoi (Noi Bai Airport) to Siem Reap takes about 2 hours.
How much does it cost to travel from Hanoi to Siem Reap?
- Travel by train+bus from Hanoi to Siem Reap (via Ho Chi Minh City) costs about $50+/pp.
- Travel by plane – direct flight from Hanoi (Noi Bai Airport) to Siem Reap costs about $60-220/pp.
What is the travel distance from Hanoi to Siem Reap?
- Travel distance from Hanoi to Siem Reap is about 2200 km by train+bus (via Saigon) and about 1000 km by plane. Travel distance can be different if you will be traveling via Laos or Thailand.
What is the best way of transfer from Hanoi to Siem Reap?
- The best, comfortable and fast way of transfer from Hanoi in Vietnam to Siem Reap in Cambodia is to travel by plane. There are direct flights every day between these cities. If you want to save your travel time, it is your choice.
Is there also another way how to get from Hanoi to Siem Reap?
- Teoretically there are various ways and travel routes how to get to Siem Reap from Hanoi. E.g you can travel from Hanoi to Savannakhet and from Savannakhet to Don Det and from Don Det to Siem Reap by bus – this route is in Laos. You can also arrive from Phnom Penh by bus or van. Phnom Penh is the capital of Cambodia.
Is there a train to Siem Reap?
- No, there is no train to Siem Reap in Cambodia, there is no railway, in the near future there should be build a new railway route in Cambodia. If you want to travel by train you should go by train to Ho Chi Minh City.
Where do you can to travel from Siem Reap?
- From Siem Reap in Cambodia you can travel to Thailand, e.g. to Bangkok or to Phnom Penh by bus/plane.
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your train, bus, flight from Hanoi to Siem Reap + Scheduleicon-angle-double-down
(It is possible to search and book another tickets, e.g. Hanoi > Vientiane, Vientiane > Pakse, Phnom Penh > Siem Reap…)