1. Vietnam to Thailand
2. How to book tickets
3. Travel to Thailand
4. Routes in Thailand
5. Laos to Thailand
6. Cambodia to Thailand
7. Faqs + Travel Tips
8. Book Tickets Online
Thailand is one of the most visited countries in Southeast Asia.
Thailand is a frequent destination for tourists in Southeast Asia. It is a big country, population is about 70 millions inhabitants. The capital is Bangkok (population about 15 millions) and it is the main cultural and economic center of Thailand. If you are traveling to Bangkok you can continue from there almost on every place by bus, train or plane. Thailand has a wide network of bus connections and also train connection from north to south and also east. There are 2 countries between Thailand and Vietnam – Laos and Cambodia and there are also very interesting tourist places to visit. But there is no railway from Vietnam to Thailand via Cambodia and Laos, so it is not possible to travel by train.
From Vietnam to Thailand you can travel by plane but also by bus.
The most comfortable and fastest way how to get from Vietnam to Thailand is to travel by plane – air connection, there are direct flights. Flight time from Vietnam to Thailand (eg. Saigon to Bangkok) is about 1.5 hour. There is no train from Vietnam to Thailand. But you can travel from Vietnam also by land – you can use a bus connection via Laos or bus+train connection via Cambodia and visit these very interesting countries of Asia. But you need to know, travel by tourist bus, train (via Cambodia, Laos) takes a lot of time. One of the favorite travel routes by land is from Ho Chi Minh City to Siem Reap (Cambodia) and from Siem Reap to Bangkok via the border crossing in Poipet. From southern Vietnam (Chau Doc) you can also travel by boat via Mekong river to Phnom Penh + Siem Reap. So there are 2 popular ways how you can travel to Thailand from Vietnam – by plane and tourist bus/minivan.
How to book bus, train, ferry tickets or flights for Thailand online?
Now it is very easy to book bus, train, ferry tickets or flights for Thailand (+ another countries in Asia) online. There are some reliable companies, but there are 2 leaders in this service – 12go.asia and Baolau.
1. Search and book tickets for Thailand at 12go.asiaicon-angle-double-down
This is the one of the best search engines for Southeast Asia, especially for Thailand. 12go.asia offers to book tickets or flights for various countries of Asia, eg.: Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Philipinnes, China, India, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar. 12go.asia search the various well-known transport companies. Read all the information before you book and buy your tickets online. 12go.asia has almost all the most frequented transport routes in Thailand. If you book train tickets for Thailand on 12go.asia, you have to pick them in the office: Bangkok (DOB building) or Chiang Mai (Bossotel). Read carefully the instructions befoure you book your tickets.
2. Search and book tickets for Thailand at Baolauicon-angle-double-down
Also another great search engine for online booking tickets in southeast Asia, various companies: Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Philipinnes, Myanmar... If you book train tickets for Thailand on Baolau, you receive by email your SRT e-ticket. You can print it and board the train at any station. No need to collect physical tickets anywhere.
Popular travel routes from Vietnam to Thailandicon-angle-double-down
Popular travel routes from Thailand to Vietnam
Popular travel routes in Thailand
Popular travel routes from Laos to Thailandicon-angle-double-down
Popular travel routes from Cambodia to Thailandicon-angle-double-dow
What is 12go.asia?
– 12go sells the train, bus, ferry tickets mainly for Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Malaysia)
– bus tickets of various well-known companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, Sapa Express, Futabus…)
– ferry/boat tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Phangan, Koh Chang, Koh Samui…
– you can not use an online train ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– you can use an online train ticket in Vietnam in your mobile phone (not in Thailand)
– if you buy a train ticket in Baolau or 12go for tourist trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– if you buy train tickets in Thailand on 12go.asia, you have to pick them in the office: Bangkok (DOB building) or Chiang Mai (Bossotel)
– 12go can deliver these train tickets in Thailand, more information about trains in Thailand
What is Baolau?
– a company specializing in train, bus, ferry tickets mainly for Vietnam (also a tickets for Cambodia and Laos)
– company offers also a tickets of the bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Futabus, TheSinhTourist, EcoSapa…)
– company offers flights of Vietnamese airlines, JetStar, VietJet Air, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– ferry tickets in Vietnam, eg. ferry to Cat Ba island, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Quan Lan, ferry from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh…
– when you book train ticket online at Baolau, you receive by email your SRT e-ticket, you can print it and board the train at any station, no need to collect physical tickets anywhere.
– you can use online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– the final price you will see before making of payment transaction, read other information about ticket in your order
– you can select a seat or berth in the train, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
icon-info-circle FAQ + TIPS – Travel from Vietnam to Thailand:
How to book bus tickets or flights from Vietnam to Thailand?
How much does it cost to get from Vietnam to Thailand?
- To get from Saigon to Bangkok costs about $40-130 by plane.
- To get from Saigon to Chiang Mai costs about $70-200 by plane.
- To get from Saigon to Phuket costs about $80-100 by plane.
- To get from Hanoi to Udon Thani costs about $150-200 by plane.
What is the travel distance from Vietnam to Thailand?
- Travel distance from Saigon to Bangkok is about 880 km by bus/train and about 750 km by plane.
- Travel distance from Saigon to Chiang Mai is about 1500 km by bus/train and about 1215 km by plane.
- Travel distance from Saigon to Phuket is about 965 km by bus/train and about 1700 km by plane.
- Travel distance from Hanoi to Udon Thani is about 850 km by bus and about 560 km by plane.
How long does it take to travel from Vietnam to Thailand?
- Travel from Saigon to Bangkok in Thailand takes about 1.5 hour by plane and about 29-34 hours by bus/train.
- Travel from Saigon to Chiang Mai in Thailand takes about 5-8 hours by plane and about 40-50 hours by bus/train.
- Travel from Saigon to Phuket in Thailand takes about 2 hours by plane and about 40-50 hours by bus/train.
- Travel from Hanoi to Udon Thani in Thailand takes about 6 hours by plane and about 50 hours by bus/train.
What is the best and fastest way of travel from Vietnam to Thailand?
- The best and fastest option how to travel to Thailand from Vietnam is to travel by plane. There are various direct flights between Saigon > Bangkok, Phuket, Hanoi > Bangkok or various flights to another popular sites with stopover.
What is the cheapest way of travel from Vietnam to Thailand?
- The most cheapest way how to get to Thailand from Vietnam is to travel by tourist bus or minivan. There are various tourist buses or private minivans via Cambodia or Laos. E.g. Saigon > Phnom Penh (Siem Reap) > Bangkok or Hanoi > Vientiane (Laos) > Bangkok.
Is it possible to travel by train from Vietnam to Thailand?
- No, there is no railway from Vietnam to Thailand, it is not possible to travel by train. There are only trains in Thailand, e.g. from Nong Khai > Bangkok or Aranyaprathet > Bangkok.
Are there direct flights from Vietnam to Thailand?
- Yes, there are various direct flights of various airlines to Thailand from Vietnam. E.g. from Ho Chi Minh > Bangkok, Hanoi > Bangkok… Sometimes these flights are cheap and there are also various low-cost flights.
What are the most important international airports in Thailand?
- The most important and biggest international airports in Thailand are Suvarnabhumi International Airport (Bangkok), Don Mueang International Airport (Bangkok), Chiang Mai International Airport, Koh Samui Airport, Krabi Airport, Surat Thani Airport, Phuket Airport, Hat Yai Airport.
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your bus, train, ferry tickets and flights in Thailand + Schedule:
(You can change your travel route, book another tickets… e.g. Ho Chi Minh > Siem Reap, Siem Reap > Bangkok…)