+ Bus+ferry to Koh Samui icon-plane Flights to Koh Samui icon-ticket Buy tickets online
Koh Samui Island is another top tourist beach and island site in Gulf of Thailand. Koh Samui is prepared for foreign tourists and offers lots of attractions and fun. Beach relaxing, snorkeling, swimming, boat trips around the island… Travel distance from Phuket to Koh Samui is about 350 km by land and you can travel with a combination of bus and fery/boat. Koh Samui belongs to the next most visited islands in this area and it is good to know, that sometimes is overcrowded.
From Phuket to Koh Samui you can travel by bus, ferry and flight.
There are some buses from Phuket to Surat Thani province and ferries to Koh Samui. This way of travelling takes a lot of time, about 7-8 hours, so another way how to get quickly to Koh Samui from Phuket is to use a direct flight from Phuket International Airport. Direct flight of Bangkok Airways from Phuket to Koh Samui takes only about 1 hour. Recommended – book your bus+ferry tickets online in advance.
How to get from Phuket to Koh Samui island?
1. BUS+FERRY from Phuket to Koh Samui +
– a cheap and good option how to travel by the direct bus+ferry from Phuket to Koh Samui island
– travel by bus+ferry from Phuket to Koh Samui takes about 7-8 hours
– price of the bus+ferry tickets is about $15-40
– please come to departure site at least 30 min before departure
– the ferries are new and comfortable, with inside and outside seating as well as a small cafe selling drinks and snacks
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy bus+ferry tickets from Phuket to Koh Samui online on 12go.asia
2. FLIGHT from Phuket to Koh Samui icon-plane
– the most comfortable and fastest way how to get from Phuket to Koh Samui island
– flight from Phuket (Phuket International Airport) to Koh Samui takes about 1 hour
– Phuket International Airport is about 35 km from Phuket town
– airlines: Bangkok Airways
– price of the one-way direct flight starts already on $140-150
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy your flight from Phuket to Koh Samui online on 12go.asia
How to get from Phuket town to the Phuket International Airport?
– it is about 35 km from Phuket town to the Phuket Airport
– the best way is to take a taxi to the airport ($20-30)
– second option is to travel by bus to Thalang ($3, Thalang is about 13 km from the airport)
book your taxi or bus tickets from Phuket to the Phuket Airpot on 12go.asia
What is 12go.asia?
– 12go sells the train, ferry, bus tickets and flights mainly for Thailand (+tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia)
– bus tickets of various companies for Vietnam, Thailand… (eg. Futabus, Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, Mekong Express…)
– ferry/boat tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, ferry to Koh Samui, Koh Chang, Koh Tao, Koh Lanta…
– you can use an online train ticket in Vietnam in your mobile phone or tablet (not in Thailand)
– if you buy a ticket of private trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai on 12go.asia or Baolau (Fansipan Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– if you buy train tickets for Thailand over 12go.asia, you have to pick them in the office: Bangkok (DOB building) or Chiang Mai (Bossotel)
– 12go can deliver these train tickets in Thailand, more information about trains in Thailand
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
– read any other additional information, before you order