Train + Bus to Krabi
Bus – Bangkok to Krabi
Flight – Bangkok to Krabi
Taxi – Bangkok to Krabi
Book Tickets Online
- Krabi is one of the most favorite tourist places and top tourist destination in Thailand. Krabi has so many attractions that you will have wonderful memories of your vacation. Krabi has lush vegetation that is worth exploring. And so far it only applies to the mainland. Once you reach the sea, you will be rewarded with turquoise sea, exotic islands, white sandy beaches and lots of beautiful and colorful sea creatures. You will find there lots of beautiful beaches (e.g. Railay beach – the most popular), karst sceneries (similar to Ha Long Bay in Vietnam), islands, activites and attractions for tourists – like boat trips, tours, snorkeling or kayaking. Krabi is really very nice place in Thailand, but sometimes it is overcrowded by tourists. But if you will be travel to the south of Thailand, it is definitely worth to visit. Krabi is a renowned place with beautiful islands in Thailand. Some of them are too much visited, but some of them are still not to visited by tourists. The best islands are> Koh Phi Phi, Koh Hong, Koh Poda, Koh Lanta, Koh Tup, Koh Mor and Koh Kai and other. There are 4 popular ways how you can travel to Krabi from Bangkok.
- You can book bus/train tickets + flights from Bangkok to Krabi on 12go.asia icon-external-link-square or Baolau icon-external-link-square
From Bangkok to Krabi you can travel by plane, bus, train+bus or taxi.
- Travel distance from Bangkok to Krabi is about 780 km by land and about 660 km by plane. The best and fastest way how to get from Bangkok to Krabi is to use a flight. Direct low-cost flights start already at $25-30/pp and travel time is about 1.5 hour. There are flights from Suvarnabhumi Airport or Don Mueang Airport in Bangkok to Krabi International Airport. You can also travel by train to Surat Thani (160 km from Krabi) and from Surat Thani you can travel by bus/private transfer to Krabi. Travel by train+bus to Krabi via Surat Thani takes about 15 hours and it costs about $20-50/pp. Surat Thani is the closest railway station to Krabi, there is no direct train to Krabi from Bangkok. There are also various tourist buses from Bangkok to Krabi and travel by bus takes about 12-16 hours. Bus tickets from Bangkok to Krabi costs about $19-35/pp. The most expensive way of transport is to travel by private taxi/car. You can book your private car to Krabi from $370. From Krabi you can travel by boat/ferry to Koh Phi Phi. Phi Phi are the most visited island in Thailand. Book your bus/train tickets or flights from Bangkok to Krabi in Thailand online.
How do I get from Bangkok to Krabi?
1. TRAIN + BUS from Bangkok to Krabi
A) Train or bus from Bangkok to Surat Thani
- Surat Thani is the nearest railway station, about 240 km north-east of Krabi
- you can buy drinks and snacks, and there is a toilet in the train
- price of the train ticket is about $22-50/pp, price of the bus ticket is about $14-23/pp
- travel by bus or train from Bangkok to Surat Thani takes about 9-12 hours
- Book your train/bus tickets from Bangkok to Surat Thani on 12go.asia icon-external-link-square or Baolau icon-external-link-square
B) Bus/Minivans from Surat Thani to Krabi
- there are lots of buses and minivans from Surat Thani to Krabi
- travel by bus/van takes about 4 hours from Surat Thani to Krabi
- modern, comfortable, air-conditioned buses
- price of the bus/van ticket from Surat Thani to Krabi is about $6-15/pp
- you can also book the whole minivan for 9-12 pax.
- Book and buy bus tickets from Surat Thani to Krabi online on 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
2. BUS from Bangkok to Krabi
- a cheap option how to get by the direct bus from Bangkok to Krabi
- buses depart from various bus stations – eg. Southern Bus Terminal in Bangkok or Khao San Songserm
- travel by bus from Bangkok to Krabi takes about 12-16 hours (about 800 km)
- bus companies from Bangkok to Krabi: Phantip, Lignite, Jolly Travel, Paradise Travel, Songserm…
- price of the bus ticket from Bangkok to Krabi is about $19-35/pp
- Book your bus or train+bus tickets from Bangkok to Krabi on 12go.asia icon-external-link-square or Baolau icon-external-link-square
3. DIRECT FLIGHT from Bangkok to Krabi
- flight – the most comfortable and fastest way how to get from Bangkok to Krabi
- flight from Bangkok to Krabi takes about 1.5 hour
- airlines from Bangkok to Krabi: Bangkok Air, Thai Smile, Thai Airways, Thai Lion Air, Nok Air, Thai AirAsia
- about 10 flights all the day, price of the one-way direct flight starts already at $25-90/pp
- airports in Bangkok – Suvarnabhumi Airport or Don Mueang Airport
- airport in Krabi – Krabi International Airport
- Book and buy your flight from Bangkok to Krabi online on 12go.asia icon-external-link-square or Baolau icon-external-link-square
4. PRIVATE TAXI/CAR from Bangkok to Krabi
- you can also travel by private taxi/car from Bangkok to Krabi
- travel by taxi/car from Bangkok to Krabi takes about 11-12 hours
- taxi companies from Bangkok to Krabi: Bangkok Taxi 24
- private taxi/car from Bangkok to Krabi costs about $370-500 (vehicle, car)
- there are various types of vehicles, vans or minivans for group of people
- Book your private taxi/transfer or car from Bangkok to Krabi on 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
12go.asia – search+book tickets in southeast Asia
– specialist for train, bus, ferry tickets and flights mainly for Thailand (+tickets for Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, Malaysia)
– company offers also a tickets of the bus companies in Vietnam, Thailand… (eg. Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, Hung Thanh…)
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, ferry to Koh Samui, Koh Tao, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Chang…
– train tickets for the most frequented routes in Thailand – Bangkok > Chiang Mai, Bangkok > Surat Thani, Bangkok > Kanchanaburi..
– if you buy train tickets for Thailand over 12go.asia, you have to pick them in the office: Bangkok (DOB building) or Chiang Mai (Bossotel)
– 12go can deliver these train tickets, more info about trains in Thailand
– you can use an online train ticket in Vietnam in your mobile phone (not in Thailand)
– if you buy a ticket of private trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai on 12go.asia or Baolau (Fansipan Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– read any other additional information, before you order
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
Baolau – book tickets and flights in southeast Asia
– train, boat, bus tickets, flights mainly for Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Philipiness, Malaysia…
– flights of various airlines in southeast Asia, mainly in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia…
– ferry tickets in Vietnam (eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry – Con Dao to Ho Chi Minh, ferry to Nam Du…)
– tickets for Malaysia (eg. Kuala Lumpur to Penang, Kuala Lumpur to Singapore, Singapore to Cameron Highlands…)
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport companies or airlines
– you can use online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– you should also read frequently asked questions on Baolau
icon-info-circle FAQ + TIPS – Travel route from Bangkok to Krabi:
How to book and buy tickets or flights from Bangkok to Krabi?
How long does it take to travel from Bangkok to Krabi?
- Travel by train+bus from Bangkok to Krabi (via Surat Thani) takes about 15 hours.
- Travel by bus from Bangkok to Krabi takes about 12-16 hours.
- Travel by plane (direct flight) from Bangkok to Krabi takes about 1.5 hour.
- Travel by private taxi/car from Bangkok to Krabi takes about 11-12 hours.
What is the travel distance from Bangkok to Krabi?
- Travel distance from Bangkok to Krabi is about 780 km by land.
How much does it cost to travel from Bangkok to Krabi?
- Travel by plane (direct flight) from Bangkok to Krabi costs about $25-60/pp.
- Travel by train+bus from Bangkok to Krabi (via Surat Thani) costs about $20+/pp
- Travel by bus from Bangkok to Krabi costs about $19-35/pp.
- Travel by private taxi/car from Bangkok to Krabi costs about $370-500 (vehicle,car).
What is the best way of transport from Bangkok to Krabi?
- The best way of getting from Bangkok to Krabi in Thailand is to travel by plane. There are various direct flights every day from Bangkok to Krabi and flights are cheap (low-cost flights to Krabi).
What is the most cheapest way of getting from Bangkok to Krabi?
- The most cheapest way of transport from Bangkok to Krabi in Thailand is to travel by tourist bus. Bus tickets from Bangkok to Krabi start already at $19/pp.
Is there an railway station in Krabi?
- No, there is no railway station in Krabi, the only way how to get to Krabi is to travel by bus or by combination of train+bus. You can take a train from Bangkok to Surat Thani (about 9-12 hours, 650 km) and from Surat Thani you can take a bus or private taxi to Krabi (4 hours, about 155 km).
Is there a private taxi from Bangkok to Krabi?
- Yes, there is also a private taxi/transfer from Bangkok to Krabi. This is the most expensive but also the most deluxe way of transport between these places. You can book various types of cars, vehicles on 12go.asia.
How to get from Krabi Airport to Ao Nang?
- From Krabi Airport to Ao Nang tourist site you can travel by shuttle bus/minivan or private taxi. There are various private companies from Krabi Airport to Ao Nang, you can book this transport easily online at 12go.asia. Read this: Travel from Krabi Airport to Ao Nang.
Where to go and travel from Krabi?
What to see and visit in Krabi?
- There are various interesting places and attractions in Krabi: Railay beach, Thung Teao Forest Natural Park, Wat Tham Sua, Night Market, Ao Nang beach, Phra Nang beach, Khao Khanab Nam, Krabi Tiger Cave, Krabi Riverside & Thara Park, The Krabi Contemporary Art Museum, Wat Kaew Korawaram, Klong Thom Hot Springs, Krabi Kart Speedway, Paka Show Park, Wat Kaew temple…
- Beaches and caves of Railay – Railay Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Thailand and now appears on every list from tourists. It is located south of Ao Nang Beach, around a rocky archipelago, where Railay represents a peaceful and extraordinary world. On one small peninsula you will find beautiful white sandy beaches, limestone cliffs, viewpoints, caves and lagoons hidden inside the cliffs, which change according to the tide. There are also various guesthouses or beach resorts.
- Koh Poda – Koh Poda is one of the most popular islands in the Krabi archipelago. It is located just 6 kilometers from the coast of Ao Nang and takes about 25 minutes by traditional boat. Wonderful tropical destination with palm trees, pine trees and white sandy beaches. The coral reef is about 20 meters from the beach with diverse marine life.
- Koh Hong – Escape from everything to Koh Hong on the Krabi coast. You can spend your day doing nothing on the beach. This group of small islands offers breathtaking views, white sand beaches, coral reefs and a beautiful lagoon. It is a place where you can swim, kayak, snorkel, dive, sunbathe, go hiking or have a picnic on the beach.
- Wat Tham Sua (Tiger Cave) – Wat Tham Sua or “Tiger Cave” is located near Krabi Town and is one of the most famous caves in the area. It is also part of a temple complex where monks live who worship God in a maze of natural caves surrounded by jungles. Inside a cave, there are tiger footprints in the stone. However, the main tourist attraction is to climb 1,272 steps of the limestone tower to see the “footprint of the Buddha”.
- Klong Thom Hot Springs – Klong Thom Hot Springs is located in the jungle near Khao Phra Bang Khram Nature Reserve. Ancient volcanic chambers are the origin of these thermal springs, which are said to be able to cure some diseases such as rheumatism, sciatica (inflammation of the sciatic nerve), but also other skin problems. These health claims have not been scientifically confirmed.
Bus Schedule / Timetable – Bangkok to Krabi + Bus Tickets:
Bus Schedule - Bangkok to Krabi
Departs in Bangkok
Arrival in Krabi
Transport Co STM
Transport Co STM
Transport Co STM
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your train, bus tickets or flights from Bangkok to Krabi + Scheduleicon-angle-double-down
(You can change your departure or arrival place, eg. Bangkok to Surat Thani, Surat Thani to Krabi…)