Train + Bus to Phuket
Bus – Bangkok to Phuket
Flight – Bangkok to Phuket
Taxi – Bangkok to Phuket
Book Tickets Online
- Phuket is a typicaly beach area and one of the most visited islands in Thailand. This island offers many nice large beaches, mainly on the west part. Some of these beaches are sometimes overcrowded by tourists, because this island is favorite by foreign tourists. Phuket offers also many small and remote islands and you can buy also boat trips and visit them. Phuket offers a lot of attractions, trips and fun for tourists. Phuket has the international airport, but no railway station, so you can not to get there by train. The nearest railway station is about 240 km north-east of Phuket, in Surat Thani. If you travel to Surat Thani, you can take from this city bus or van to Phuket. From Phuket you can travel by boat/ferry to Koh Phi Phi – one of the most visited islands in southern Thailand. There are 4 ways how you can travel to Phuket from Bangkok: direct flight, train+bus, tourist bus or private car/taxi.
- Book bus tickets or flights from Bangkok to Phuket on 12go.asia icon-external-link-square or Baolau icon-external-link-square
From Bangkok to Phuket you can travel by train, bus, plane or taxi.
- Travel distance from Bangkok to Phuket is about 850 km by land. The most comfortable and fastest way how to get from Bangkok to Phuket is to use a direct flight connection. Travel by plane from Bangkok (Suvurnabhumi or Don Mueang Airport) to Phuket Airport takes only about 1.5 hour and there are various low-cost flights every day. Direct flight to Phuket from Bangkok costs about $30-170/pp. From Phuket Airport you can take a local bus or private car to Phuket town or another sites of Phuket. But you can also travel by train + bus via Surat Thani. Surat Thani is the closest railway station to Phuket. From Surat Thani Railway Station you can take a bus/minivan to Phuket. Travel by train of Thai Railways + bus from Bangkok to Phuket (via Surat Thani) takes about 15 hours. You can also travel by sleeper tourist bus to Phuket. Travel time by tourist sleeper bus to Phuket from Bangkok is about 13-14 hours and bus ticket costs about $21-39/pp. Travel by bus is another cheap option of transfer, but sometimes it is not so comfortable. There are also some private taxis/vehicles from Bangkok to Phuket, it is the most expensive way of travel, it costs about$395-500/car. Book your tickets or direct flights from Bangkok to Phuket online.
How do I get from Bangkok to Phuket?
1. TRAIN + BUS from Bangkok to Phuket
A) Train (or bus) from Bangkok to Surat Thani
- Surat Thani is the nearest railway station, about 240 km north-east of Phuket
- you can buy drinks and snacks, and there is a toilet in the train
- price of the train ticket from Bangkok to Surat Thani is about $25-50/pp
- train travel from Bangkok to Surat Thani takes about 9-12 hours, you should take a sleeper berth
- read this article: How to reach Surat Thani from Bangkok?
B) Bus or minivan from Surat Thani to Phuket
- there a lots of buses from Surat Thani to Phuket
- modern, comfortable, air-conditioned buses
- price of the bus ticket from Surat Thani to Phuket is about $7-10/pp
- travel by bus from Surat Thani to Phuket takes about 3-4 hours (240 km)
- you can also book whole minivan for eg. 9 passengers
- read this article: How to reach Phuket from Surat Thani?
2. BUS from Bangkok to Phuket
- a cheap option how to get by the direct bus connection from Bangkok to Phuket
- tourist sleeper buses from Bangkok to Phuket depart from various bus stations
- travel by bus from Bangkok to Phuket takes about 13-14 hours (840 km)
- bus companies to Phuket: Phuket Travel, Phuket Central, Bus Express, Thai Sriram, Transport Co…
- price of the bus ticket from Bangkok to Phuket is about $20-39/pp
- bus station in Bangkok: Southern Terminal
- bus station in Phuket: Phuket Bus Terminal 2
- Book and buy bus tickets from Bangkok to Phuket online on 12go.asia icon-external-link-square or Baolau icon-external-link-square
3. FLIGHT from Bangkok to Phuket
- the most comfortable and fastest way how to get from Bangkok to Phuket
- flight from Bangkok to Phuket takes about 1.5 hour
- airlines to Phuket: Thai Airways, Thai Lion Air, Thai AirAsia, Nok Air, Bangkok Air, Thai Smile…
- lots of flights all the day, price of the one-way direct flight is about $30-170
- airport in Phuket – Phuket International Airport
- airports in Bangkok – Suvarnabhumi Airport or Don Mueang Airport
- Book and buy your flight from Bangkok to Phuket online on 12go.asia icon-external-link-square or Baolau icon-external-link-square
4. PRIVATE TAXI/CAR from Bangkok to Phuket
- there are also various private taxis from Bangkok to Phuket
- travel by private taxi from Bangkok to Phuket takes about 12-13 hours
- taxi companies to Phuket: Bangkok Taxi 24, Glassflower
- travel by private taxi from Bangkok to Phuket costs about $395-500/car
- you can also take a taxi from Don Mueang Airport in Bangkok
- you can book modern car or private minivan for 9 passengers
- Book your private taxi from Bangkok to Phuket online on 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
12go.asia – Search, book, buy tickets, flights online
– 12go.asia sells the train, ferry, bus tickets, flights mainly to Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Laos, Malaysia, Cambodia)
– sells the tickets of the bus companies in Vietnam, Thailand… (eg. Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, Hung Thanh, Phantip…)
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, ferry to Koh Chang, Koh Rong, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Tao…
– train tickets for the most frequented routes in Thailand – Bangkok > Chiang Mai, Bangkok > Surat Thani, Bangkok > Kanchanaburi..
– you can use an online train ticket in Vietnam (not in Thailand)
– you can choose a seat or berth in the train in Vietnam
– if you buy a ticket of private trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai on 12go.asia or Baolau (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– you can not use an online train e-ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go delivers these train tickets)
– if you buy train tickets in Thailand on 12go.asia, you have to pick them in the office: Bangkok (DOB building) or Chiang Mai (Bossotel)
– more information about trains in Thailand
Baolau – Search, book, buy tickets, flights online
– if you buy train tickets for Thailand at Baolau, you have to print these tickets!
– bus, ferry, train tickets and hundreds of flights of various companies in southeast Asia
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, VietJet Air, JetStar, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– ferry tickets in Vietnam (eg. ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Con Dao, Chau Doc to Phnom Penh…)
– tickets for travel routes in Vietnam (eg. Hanoi to Sapa, Da Lat to Hoi An, Saigon to Ha Long Bay…)
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– you can select a seat or berth in the train, if you buy tickets for Vietnam online
– online train e-ticket in your smartphone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read any other information about ticket on Baolau website, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
icon-info-circle Travel route from Bangkok to Phuket – Faqs + Infos:
How to book and buy tickets + flights from Bangkok to Phuket?
How long does it take to travel from Bangkok to Phuket?
- Travel by train+bus from Bangkok to Phuket takes about 15 hours.
- Travel by tourist bus from Bangkok to Phuket takes about 14 hours.
- Travel by plane (direct flights) from Bangkok to Phuket takes about 1.5 hour.
- Travel by private taxi from Bangkok to Phuket takes about 12 hours.
What is the travel distance from Bangkok to Phuket?
- Travel distance from Bangkok to Phuket (over Surat Thani) is about 840 km.
How much does it cost to travel from Bangkok to Phuket?
- Travel by plane (direct flights) from Bangkok to Phuket costs about $30-170/pp.
- Travel by train+bus from Bangkok to Phuket costs about $30+/pp
- Travel by tourist bus from Bangkok to Phuket costs about $20-39/pp.
- Travel by private taxi from Bangkok to Phuket costs about $395-500/car.
Is there an railway station in Phuket?
- No, there is no railway station in Phuket, the nearest railway station to Phuket is in Surat Thani (about 250 km). From Surat Thani you can travel by train to southern Thailand. From Surat Thani to Phuket you can travel by bus/taxi.
What is the best way of transport from Bangkok to Phuket?
- The best, fastest and comfortable way how to get from Bangkok to Phuket is to travel by plane. There are various direct flights to Phuket every day and it takes only about 1.5 hour. Sometimes there are also very cheap low-cost flights from Bangkok to Phuket (prices start already at $30).
What is the most cheapest way of getting from Bangkok to Phuket?
- The most cheapest way how to get from Bangkok to Phuket is to travel by tourist bus. Bus from Bangkok to Phuket start already at $20/pp, but to travel by bus takes a lot of time, about 14 hours.
Is it possible to travel by private taxi from Bangkok to Phuket?
- Yes, it is possible to travel by private taxi/transfer from Bangkok to Phuket in southern Thailand. It is the most expensive way of transport, the whole car costs about $400-500, there are various taxi companies on this route.
How to get from Phuket Airport to Phuket town?
- Phuket town is about 30 km south from Phuket International Airport. From Phuket Airport to Phuket town you can travel by shuttle bus or you can use private taxi.
Where to travel from Phuket in southern Thailand?
- From Phuket you can take a boat or ferry to Koh Phi Phi or you can travel by land (bus, taxi) to Krabi. You can book and buy ferry/boat tickets to Koh Phi Phi online.
What to see and visit in Phuket?
- You can visit various interesting places and tourist attractions in Phuket: Phuket Old Town, Big Buddha, Bangla Road, Freedom beach, Phuket Weekend Night Market, Surin beach, Fantasea show, Phuket Walking Street, Karon beach, Phuket Elephant Sanctuary, Jui Tui Shrine, Kata Noi beach, Karon viewpoint, Central Festival, Wat Chalong, Simon Cabaret Show… You can also travel by ferry to Koh Yao Yai.
How to travel back from Phuket to Bangkok?
- From Phuket to Bangkok you can travel by bus, or bus+train or plane. It is the same way how you arrived to Phuket.
Bus Schedule / Timetable – Bangkok to Phuket + Bus Ticketsicon-angle-double-down
Bus Schedule - Bangkok to Phuket
Departs in Bangkok
Arrival in Phuket
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your tickets + flights from Bangkok to Phuket + Schedule:
(You can change your departure, arrival…eg. Phuket to Bangkok, Phuket to Surat Thani…)