++ Train+Bus+Boat to Koh Tao + Bus+Boat icon-plane+ Flight+Boat icon-ticket Book tickets
- Koh Tao (also Ko Tao) – literally Turtle Island in the Chumphon Archipelago. Koh Tao is a small and beautiful island in Southern Thailand, approximately 21 km², 30 km north of Koh Phan Gan and about 70 km from the Chumphon town. Koh Tao is in the Chumphon Archipelago. The Chumphon Archipelago is a tourism zone with two regions, the provinces of Chumphon and Surat Thani on the Kra Isthmus and the islands of the Gulf of Thailand of Koh Tao, Koh Samui, Koh Phangan including the Mu Ko Chumphon National Park. Koh Tao is a small island and it is a place for diving and snorkeling. If you want to explore this place on your own, rent a scooter or bicycle.
- Book your tickets/flights from Bangkok to Koh Tao on 12go.asia or Baolau
From Bangkok to Koh Tai by combination of bus / train / ferry or plane.
- Travel distance from Bangkok to Koh Tao in Thailand is about 550 km by land – via Chumphon, by plane it is about 420 km. There is no airport on Koh Tao Island so it is not possible to travel by plane directly from Bangkok. If you want to travel by plane you can take a direct flight to Chumphon and from Chumphon you can travel by ferry. There are also some direct flights to nearby Koh Samui and from Koh Samui you can travel by ferry to Koh Tao. Another way is to travel by land – you can take a train or bus to Chumphon. There are various boats and ferries from Chumphon to Koh Tao. The most cheapest way is to travel by bus and ferry to Koh Tao and the most fastest is flight and ferry. Book your bus, ferry tickets or flights from Bangkok to Koh Tao online.
How to travel from Bangkok to Koh Tao?
1. TRAIN+BUS+FERRY from Bangkok to Koh Tao ++
A) Train or bus from Bangkok to Chumphon
- Chumphon is the closest railway station to Koh Tao
- you can buy drinks and snacks, and there is a toilet in the train
- price of the train ticket to Chumphon is about $16-30, price of the bus ticket about $10-15
- train or bus travel from Bangkok to Chumphon takes about 6-9 hours
B) Bus+Ferry from Chumphon to Koh Tao
- buses go to the pier and then you travel by ferry to Koh Tao
- modern, comfortable, air-conditioned buses or vans and ferries/boats
- travel by bus+ferry from Chumphon to Koh Tao takes about 4-4,5 hours
- Book and buy train+bus+ferry tickets to Koh Tao online on 12go.asia
2. BUS+FERRY from Bangkok to Koh Tao +
- a cheap option how to get by the direct bus+ferry from Bangkok to Chumphon and then to Koh Tao
- travel by bus+ferry from Bangkok to Koh Tao takes about 14-15 hours
- price of the bus/van+ferry tickets from Bangkok to Koh Tao is about $25-40
- you can book join tickets to Koh Tao easily online
- Book and buy bus+ferry tickets from Bangkok to Koh Tao on 12go.asia or Baolau
3. FLIGHT+FERRY from Bangkok to Koh Tao icon-plane+
A) Flight from Bangkok to Chumphon
- the easiest way how to get from Bangkok to Chumphon
- flight from Bangkok (Don Mueang Airport) to Chumphon takes about 1 hour
- airlines to Chumphon: Nok Air, Air Asia
- price of the one-way direct flight to Chumphon starts already on $30-60
- Book and buy your flight from Bangkok to Chumphon online on 12go.asia (You can also take a flight from Bangkok to Koh Samui and take a ferry/boat from Koh Samui to Koh Tao. There are also direct flights to Surat Thani and ferries from Surat Thani to Koh Tao)
B) Taxi/bus from the Chumphon Airport to Chumphon town
C) Ferry from Chumphon to Koh Tao
- modern, comfortable, air-conditioned ferries/boats
- travel by ferry from Chumphon to Koh Tao takes about 2 hours
- price of the ticket from Chumphon to Koh Tao is about $16-25
- Book and buy ferry tickets (or van+ferry) to Koh Tao online on 12go.asia
12go.asia – book tickets + flights online
– specialist for train, bus, ferry tickets and flights mainly for Thailand (+tickets for Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, Malaysia)
– company offers also a tickets of the bus companies in Vietnam, Thailand… (eg. Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, Hung Thanh…)
– ferry tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Lanta, Koh Chang…
– train tickets for the most frequented routes in Thailand – Bangkok > Chiang Mai, Bangkok > Surat Thani, Bangkok > Kanchanaburi..
– if you buy train tickets for Thailand over 12go.asia, you have to pick them in the office: Bangkok (DOB building) or Chiang Mai (Bossotel)
– 12go can deliver these train tickets, more info about trains in Thailand
– you can use an online train ticket in Vietnam in your mobile phone or tablet (not in Thailand)
– if you buy a ticket of private trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai on 12go.asia or Baolau (Fansipan Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– read any other additional information, when you order a ticket
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
Baolau – search, book, buy tickets, flights online
– if you buy train tickets for Thailand at Baolau, you have to print these tickets!
– bus, ferry, train tickets and hundreds of flights for southeast Asia
– ferry tickets in Vietnam (eg. ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Cat Ba, ferry Con Dao to Ho Chi Minh, Chau Doc to Phnom Penh…)
– tickets for Malaysia (eg. Kuala Lumpur to Cameron Highlands, Kuala Lumpur to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur to Malacca…)
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– you can select a seat or berth in the train, if you book tickets for Vietnam online at this website
– online train e-ticket in your smartphone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
icon-info-circle Travel route from Bangkok to Koh Tao – Infos + Faqsicon-angle-double-down
How long does it take to get from Bangkok to Koh Tao?
- Travel by train+bus+ferry from Bangkok to Koh Tao (via Chumphon) takes about 10+ hours.
- Travel by bus+ferry from Bangkok to Koh Tao (via Chumphon) takes about 15 hours.
- Travel by plane+ferry from Bangkok to Koh Tao (via Chumphon) takes about 4-5 hours.
What is the travel distance from Bangkok to Koh Tao?
- Travel distance from Bangkok to Koh Tao is about 550 km (via Chumphon).
How much does it cost to travel from Bangkok to Koh Tao?
- Travel by train+bus+ferry from Bangkok to Koh Tao costs about $55.
- Travel by bus+ferry from Bangkok to Koh Tao costs about $25-40.
- Travel by plane+ferry from Bangkok to Koh Tao costs about $50+.
From which cities you can take a boat/ferry to Koh Tao?
- You can travel by boat/ferry from Chumphon or Surat Thani to Koh Tao. There are various ferries.
What types of boats you can use from Chumphon to Koh Tao?
- There are various types of boats from Chumphon to Koh Tao: Ferry, High Speed ferry, Sleeper boat or Catamaran.
What is the best way how to get from Bangkok to Koh Tao?
- The best and fastest way how to travel from Bangkok to Koh Tao is to travel by plane to Chumphon (direct flights, low-cost flights) and from Chumphon by high speed ferry/catamaran.
What is the cheapest way of getting from Bangkok to Koh Tao?
- Travel by bus and ferry is the cheapest way of transport from Bangkok to Koh Tao. Join tickets start at $25-30/pp.
Is there also another way how to get from Bangkok to Koh Tao?
- Yes, there are also another ways how to reach Koh Tao. E.g. you can take a direct flight from Bangkok to Koh Samui and from Koh Samui you can travel by boat/ferry to Koh Tao.
- You can also travel to Surat Thani by train or bus and take a ferry or boat to Koh Tao
How to go back from Koh Tao to Chumphon or Surat Thani?
- From Koh Tao to Chumphon or Surat Thani you can travel by boat or high speed ferry.
Does Koh Tao have an airport?
- No, Koh Tao has no airport. The closest airport is in Chumphon, Surat Thani or Koh Samui. If you want to book low-cost flights, you have to travel via Chumphon or Surat Thani. Flights to Koh Samui are the most expensive.
How to get from Koh Tao to Koh Samui?
- From Koh Tao to Koh Samui you can travel by catamaran or high speed ferry. It takes about 1.5-3 hours. There are various boats and ferries of Lomprayah, Seatran Discovery and Songserm. You can book tickets to Koh Samui online. Travel by boat from Koh Tao to Koh Samui costs about $16-23.
Where to book and buy tickets from Bangkok to Koh Tao?
Bus + Ferry schedule/timetable – Bangkok to Koh Tao + Ticketsicon-angle-double-down
Bus + Ferry Schedule - Bangkok to Koh Tao
Departs in Bangkok
Arrival in Koh Tao
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your train+bus+ferry tickets from Bangkok to Koh Tao + Scheduleicon-angle-double-down
(You can book another travel route, e.g. Bangkok to Chumphon, Chumphon to Koh Tao…)
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: