Tam Coc is a village and big tourist spot in Ninh Binh town.
Many travelers from Hanoi want to visit this very nice place near of the Ninh Binh town. There is a beautiful karst scenery, Hoa Lu historic city and other interesting places to visit. Tam Coc is 100 km from Hanoi (Hoan Kiem Lake) and 5 km from the centre of the Ninh Binh town. Ride on a boat in Tam Coc takes about 2 hours and here you will see many tourists and travellers and also very nice karst sceneries.
When you come to Ninh Binh town by bus or train, you need to take a taxi or mototaxi to Tam Coc. Tam Coc village is 4 km from the train station and 5 km from the main bus station in Ninh Binh. Almost everywhere in Ninh Binh and Tam Coc you can find an accommodation (hotel, homestay, bungalow).
1. TRAIN from Hanoi to Ninh Binh
– traveling by train in Vietnam is an interesting experience
– travel by train from Hanoi to Ninh Binh takes about 2,5 hours
– the trains in Vietnam are comfortable, you can buy of course snack + food
– see the Vietnam railway map
– there are 6 trains every day of Vietnam Railways from Hanoi
– one-way train ticket costs about 70 000 – 80 000 Dongs ($4, Seat)
– Railway station in Hanoi – Hanoi Railway Station (120 Le Duan)
– Railway station in Ninh Binh – Ninh Binh Railway Station (1 Hoàng Hoa Thám)
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy train e-tickets from Hanoi to Ninh Binh on Baolau or 12go.asia, secured online payment
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present when boarding the train
2. BUS from Hanoi to Ninh Binh or Tam Coc
– many buses run from Hanoi to Ninh Binh or to Tam Coc
– travel by bus from Hanoi to Ninh Binh takes about 2 hours
– price of the one-way bus ticket is about 80 – 150 000 viet.dongs ($4-6)
– various companies – Hoang Long (about 8 buses every day), and many other smaller companies
– several buses go directly to Tam Coc or Trang An from Giap Bat station in Hanoi
icon-angle-double-rightbook and buy bus e-tickets from Hanoi to Ninh Binh online on 12go.asia
– you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter of the station before boarding the bus
Hoang Long bus – come to ticket boot of Hoang Long (Hanoi Nuoc Ngam Station, 2nd floor) and present your voucher to change for bus ticket. PLEASE ARRIVE AT THE STATION AT LEAST 1 HOUR (60 MINUTES) BEFORE DEPARTURE TIME BECAUSE HOANG LONG MAY CHANGE DEPARTURE TIME AND WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MISS THE BUS IF YOU ARRIVE LATE AFTER THIS (more info on 12go.asia).
3. ON THE MOTORBIKE to Ninh Binh
– it is very easy route to Ninh Binh on the motorbike
– recommended place for visit on this route: Perfume Pagoda (Chùa Thiên Trù)
– there are lots of motorbike rentals in Hanoi (1 day costs about 7-15 Usd)
– recommended rental of motorcycles in Hanoi: Rentabike.vn
Ninh Binh – map:
What is Baolau?
– Baolau company sells the train, bus, ferry tickets, flights mainly for Vietnam (+Cambodia and Laos)
– certified company from Singapore – no cheaters and scammers
– you can buy also a bus tickets of well-known companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Sapa Express, InterBus Lines…)
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, JetStar Pacific, VietJet Air, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– tickets for the ferry in Vietnam (eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Phnom Penh…)
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read any other information about ticket on Baolau website, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
What is 12go.asia?
– 12go.asia sells the train, ferry, bus tickets, flights mainly to Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos)
– bus tickets for Vietnam, Thailand… (eg. Sapa Express, Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, Hung Thanh…)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Tao, Koh Rong, Koh Samui, Koh Chang…
– you can select a seat or berth in a train
– it is possible to use online train e-ticket in Vietnam (not in Thailand)
– you can not use an online train e-ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– if you order a ticket of private trains in Vietnam to Sapa on 12go.asia or Baolau (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– read in article about transportation in Vietnam and information about 12go.asia
– if you buy bus tickets online on Baolau or 12go.asia, you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter of the station before boarding the bus