- Nam Du Islands – Nam Du (Đảo Nam Du) is a small archipelago, 40 km south of Phu Quoc Island (Kieng Giang – a province in Mekong Delta) and about 90 km from Rach Gia port. This is actually a set of 21 islands, small and large. And only 11 of them has people on it. The one you’re getting dropped on is called Hon Lon. Nam Du is not so tourist place like Phu Quoc Island, so everything is still pristine and natural. The island is not yet being harvested for tourism, but you can find there a few hotels, restaurants and “Nha nghi”. There is only one way how to get to Nam Du Island – by boat.
icon-angle-double-downBook your ferry/boat tickets from Rach Gia to Nam Duicon-angle-double-down
(You can also book another tickets, e.g. Ha Tien > Phu Quoc, Rach Gia > Phu Quoc…)
Travel from Rach Gia to Nam Du Island by boat/ferry.
- The only way how to travel to Nam Du Island is to travel by boat/ferry from Rach Gia or Phu Quoc. Rach Gia can be reached from Ho Chi Minh City by bus (6-7 hours) or by plane. From Rach Gia to Nam Du you can travel by ferry of Phu Quoc Express or Superdong and you can book and buy ferry tickets online. Foreigners and tourists can visit Nam Du Island without a permitt (more information). Recommended – book and buy your ferry tickets in advance online.
1. BOAT / FERRY from Rach Gia to Nam Du Island
- travel by boat/ferry from Rach Gia to Nam Du Island takes about 2.5 hours
- one-way boat/ferry ticket from Rach Gia to Nam Du Island costs about $9-11/pp
- boat companies from Rach Gia to Nam Du – Phu Quoc Express, Superdong
- port in Rach Gia – Đường Nguyễn Công Trứ, Vĩnh Thanh
- port in Nam Du Island – Cầu Cảng Nam Du
- Book and buy boat tickets from Rach Gia to Nam Du Island online on Baolau icon-external-link-square
How to get from Ho Chi Minh City to Rach Gia?
- a cheapest way how to travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Rach Gia
- travel by bus takes about 6-7 hours to Rach Gia (280 km)
- bus ticket price – 150 000 – 200 000 viet.dongs ($6-8)
- bus company – Phuong Trang (Futabus), Kumho Samco
- arrive 30-60 minutes to the bus stop before departure and present voucher to board bus
- Book and buy your bus e-tickets from Ho Chi Minh City to Rach Gia on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
- you will receive your bus e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter of the station before boarding the bus
- there is also the airport in Rach Gia, so you can use a direct flight from Ho Chi Minh City (about 1 hour)
Where you can also go by ferry/boat from Rach Gia?
From Rach Gia you can also travel by ferry or boat to Phu Quoc (about 2.5 hours) Hon Son (about 1.5 hours) or Hon Tre (about 45 minutes) or Nam Du Island. There are also some ferries between Hon Son and Hon Tre.
Are there some flights to Nam Du Island?
No, there are no direct flights to Nam Du Island in southern Vietnam, because there is no airport on this island, the only way how to get there is to travel by boat/ferry from Rach Gia port.
Baolau – Search, book, buy tickets and various flights
– Baolau sells the train, bus, boat/ferry e-tickets and flights mainly for Vietnam (+ tickets for Cambodia and Laos, Thailand..)
– flights of Vietnamese airlines, JetStar Pacific, VietJet Air as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam (eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Quan Lan, Co To, ferry to Con Dao, ferry to Vung Tau…)
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– you can use online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– you can select a seat or berth in the train in Vietnam
– read in the order any other information about ticket, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
icon-info-circle FAQ + TIPS – Travel from Rach Gia to Nam Du Island:
How to book ferry tickets from Rach Gia to Nam Du?
- You can book ferry tickets from Rach Gia to Nam Du Island online on Baolau.
- You can change your travel route, e.g. Ho Chi Minh > Rach Gia, Rach Gia > Phu Quoc…
How long does it take to get by ferry to Nam Du from Rach Gia?
- To get by ferry/boat from Rach Gia to Nam Du Island takes about 2.5 hours.
How much does it cost to get by ferry to Nam Du from Rach Gia?
- Travel by ferry/boat from Rach Gia to Nam Du Island costs about $9-11/pp.
Are there also flights to Nam Du Island?
- No, there are no flights to Nam Du Island, it is not possible to travel by plane, you can take only boat.
What is the travel distance from Rach Gia port to Nam Du Island?
- Travel distance from Rach Gia port to Nam Du Island is about 90 km by boat.
How to travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Rach Gia?
- From Ho Chi Minh City to Rach Gia oyou can travel by tourist bus or you can take a direct flight. It is not possible to travel by train to Rach Gia because there is no railway.
Is it possible to travel by boat to another islands in this area?
- Yes, you can also travel by boat from Rach Gia port to Hon Son or Hon Tre islands.
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your boat/ferry tickets from Rach Gia to Nam Du + Schedule:
(You can also travel by ferry/boat from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc, Hon Son or Hon Tre)