Quan Lan Island – it is the one of the a bit remoted islands in northern Vietnam. Quan Lan Island is about 70 km from Ha Long city and about 30 km from Cai Rong. Quan Lan has very nice beaches for relaxing at the sea. This island is not so visited by foreign tourists and travelers, mainly Vietnamese visit this island. But it is possible, that more and more tourists will come in the near future, because the new Van Don International Airport (Cai Rong) was opened in December 2018 (more information). You can find there also some good and nice hotels and also some cheap guesthouses. The only way how to get and travel to Quan Land is to use a boat or ferry.
From Ha Long and Cai Rong to Quan Lan Island you can travel by ferry/boat.
The most fastest route is from Cai Rong port (Van Don Island) by ferry, only about 30-40 km and it takes only about 40 minutes. But you can also travel from Ha Long (Hòn Gai port) to Quan Lan, nice and scenic route through the Ha Long Bay and Bai Tu Long Bay, this route takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes. These routes are operated by Ka Long company. Now it is very easy to book and buy ferry tickets to Quan Lan Island online. Ferry tickets are cheap and cost about $8-9/pp. From Cai Rong port (Van Don Island) you can also travel to the most remoted island in the north – to Co To Island, you can find tickets to Co To on Baolau.
1. FERRY/BOAT from Ha Long to Quan Lan Island
- ferry/boat from Ha Long to Quan Lan Island (Bãi Tắm Quan Lạn)
- this nice scenic route through the Ha Long Bay takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes
- ferries go from the Hon Gai port (Bến tàu Hòn Gai) in Ha Long city
- the one-way ferry/boat ticket price is about 200 000 viet.dongs ($9)
- Book and buy ferry tickets from Ha Long to Quan Lan Island online on Baolau
2. FERRY/BOAT from Cai Rong to Quan Lan Island
- ferry/boat from Cai Rong (Van Don) to Quan Lan Island (Bãi tắm Minh Châu)
- travel by boat from Cai Rong to Quan Lan takes only about 40 minutes
- ferries go from the Cai Rong port (Cảng Cái Rồng) in Cai Rong city
- the one-way boat/ferry ticket price is about 150 000 viet.dongs ($6-7)
- Book and buy ferry tickets from Cai Rong (Van Don) to Quan Lan Island on Baolau
Ha Long Bay / Cat Ba Island / Quan Lan – Map:
Baolau – search, book, buy tickets + flights
– Baolau sells train, bus, boat, ferry tickets mainly for Vietnam (+tickets for Cambodia and Laos)
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, VietJet Air, JetStar Pacific, Air Asia… as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry Con Dao to Saigon, ferry to Nam Du Island, Vung Tau to Con Dao…
– tickets for various routes in Vietnam, eg. Da Lat to Hanoi, Hue to Ninh Binh, Hoi An to Nha Trang…
– the price of tickets and flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– you can use online train ticket in mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read in the order any other information about ticket, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
12go.asia – search, book, buy tickets + flights
– 12go sells train, boat, bus tickets mainly to Thailand (+tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Thailand…eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Rong, Koh Phangan, Koh Kood, Koh Tao…
– tickets for the main routes in Thailand, eg: Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Bangkok to Hua Hin, Bangkok to Phuket, Bangkok to Ayutthaya…
– from 2018 you can book train tickets for China online (Beijing to Shanghai, Shanghai to Suzhou, Beijing to Xian…)
– you can not use an online train ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– you can use an online train ticket in Vietnam (not in Thailand)
– if you order a ticket of private trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai on 12go.asia or Baolau (Fansipan, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
Book your ferry/boat tickets from Ha Long, Cai Rong to Quan Lanicon-angle-double-down
You can also book and buy ferry tickets from Cai Rong to Co To Island. You can change your departure from Cai Rong.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: