Detailed tourist map of Ha Giang province with the most interesting places.
Northern Vietnam – it is a very interesting part of Vietnam. Mountains, nature, ethnicity, culture…. One of the most interesting provinces in the north of Vietnam is Ha Giang. Ha Giang was in the last years a little bit remoted area, but now it is very easy to get there eg. by tourist bus, minivan or private car. The main roads are in good condition, accommodation is almost everywhere (homestay or guesthouses prevails) and travelers come more and more.
If you want to travel to Ha Giang by bus from Hanoi or with combination train+bus over Lao Cai city, read this article > How to get from Hanoi to Ha Giang? This Google and tourist map contains the most interesting sites, accommodation and also the most favorite motorbike loop to Lung Cu Flagpole in Ha Giang. If you want to see this area in full beauty I recommend to travel on a motorbike. Check this google and tourist map and prepare your itinerary.
Ha Giang – Tourist + Google + Motorbike Loop detailed map:
What to see and visit in Ha Giang:
There are many interesting and amazing places in Ha Giang province. In the city of Ha Giang is not to much for visit and the most interesting sites are located in Dong Van Karst Global Geopark in the far north. So the best way is to travel on motorbike (only for experienced motorbike drivers, IDP is necessary) to Dong Van town in the north. About 5 km from Dong Van town is Ma Pi Leng Pass – the most fascinating mountain pass in northern Vietnam. If you do not want to drive a motorbike you can rent a private motorbike driver or private tour to Ha Giang province.
- Ma Pi Leng Pass – Nho Que river (+skywalk in Ma Pi Leng)
- Dong Van Karst Global Geopark
- The valley of Quan Ba + Tam Son town
- Lung Khuy Cave (about 7 km from the town of Tam Son)
- Lung Cu Flag Tower (the northernmost site of Vietnam)
- Dong Van ancient town and Meo Vac town
- Yen Minh (+ Tham Ma Pass)
- Chín Khoanh Pass (dốc Chín Khoanh)
- Đồn Cao viewpoint in Dong Van town
- The Hmong King’s Palace (Vuong Chinh Sinh)
Frequently Asked Questions – Ha Giang in Vietnam:
Where is Ha Giang town?
- Ha Giang town is about 300 km from Hanoi, it is a starting place if you want to explore Ha Giang province.
How to reach Ha Giang town from Hanoi?
- You can travel from Hanoi to Ha Giang by bus, minivan, car, motorbike, there is no railway and no flight. Read this article: How do I get to Ha Giang from Hanoi?
When to visit Ha Giang?
- You can visit Ha Giang province all year round. The best months for visit Ha Giang province are September, October, November, March, April or May. The summer months could be very rainy.
Where to rent a motorbike for traveling in Vietnam?
- You can search and rent a motorycle for your trip in Vietnam easily online with Bikesbooking.
What is the most impressive site of Ha Giang province?
- The most interesting place in Ha Giang province is Ma Pi Leng Pass in Dong Van Geopark.
What is Ha Giang motorbike loop?
- Ha Giang motorbike loop is a popular travel route on motorbike in Ha Giang province. The route leads from Ha Giang city via Tam Son, Dong Van, Meo Vac and back to Ha Giang. You can also travel via Bao Lam district.
Where to go from Ha Giang province?
- From Ha Giang province you can travel to Cao Bang. There are 2 travel routes, via Dong Van – the most scenic route, or via Bac Me and Bao Lam. There is no flight and no railway to Cao Bang.
Tour to Ha Giang province?
- Yes, it is also a good idea if you want to explore this province. Try to search and book your tour to Ha Giang province easily online with Tourradar.
icon-arrow-circle-right Book bus tickets / taxi from Hanoi to Ha Giang online:
(You can also book another route, e.g. Ha Giang > Hanoi, Ha Giang > Sapa…)