From Hanoi to Thanh Hoa you can travel by train, bus or motorbike.
Travel distance is about 170 km from Hanoi to Thanh Hoa. There are 3 ways how you can travel to Thanh Hoa from Hanoi – by train, bus or motorbike. The most popular option is to travel by train. Travel time by train is about 3.5-4 hours and train tickets cost about $4-7/pp. Trains depart from Hanoi Railway station in 120 Le Duan street and arrive to Thanh Hoa Railway Station (2 Dương Đình Nghệ). Another option how to reach Thanh Hoa is to travel by bus. Travel time by bus is also about 4 hours and bus tickets cost about $5-10/pp. If you can drive a motorbike, you can try it, but this option is only for the most experienced motorbike drivers, IDP is necessary. From Thanh Hoa you can travel by train or bus to central Vietnam. You can search and book tickets to Thanh Hoa from Hanoi online.
Thanh Hoa – not so frequented province by foreign tourist.
Thanh Hoa is the capital of this province and is about 170 km south of Hanoi, 50 km from Ninh Binh and it is the seaside. This province is not so much visited by foreign tourists, because it is not like the Ha Long Bay. But for some peope and travellers it could be the good reason for visit this province. It is the seaside, so you can visit some of the beaches at the South China sea. You will find them mostly in Sam Son town, it is about 10 km from Thanh Hoa city. But be careful in high season this place and the beaches can be overcrowded by thousands of Vietnamese. Southern part is mostly lowlands, but the northern part of this province is mountainious. In the far of the north you will find Pu Hu nature reserve, it is about 160 km of Thanh Hoa city. In the western part of Thanh Hoa province you can visit Xuan Lien national park and in the southern part of this province you can visit Ben Em national park. Teoretically you can also travel by train to central and southern Vietnam, you can visit Hoi An or Hue.
How do I get from Hanoi to Thanh Hoa?
1. TRAIN from Hanoi to Thanh Hoa
- trains in Vietnam is quite an interesting experience
- travel by train from Hanoi to Thanh Hoa takes about 3.5 – 4 hours
- trains are comfortable and refurbished, you can buy snack + foods
- see the Vietnam railway map
- there are 6 trains every day of Vietnam Railways from Hanoi to Thanh Hoa
- these trains continue to central and southern Vietnam
- one-way train ticket costs about 100 000 – 140 000 viet.dongs ($4-7, Seat)
- train station in Hanoi – Hanoi Railway Station (120 Le Duan)
- train station in Thanh Hoa – Thanh Hoa Railway Station (2 Dương Đình Nghệ)
- Book and buy train e-tickets from Hanoi to Thanh Hoa online on Baolau , secured online payment
- you will receive your train e-ticket to Thanh Hoa by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present when boarding the train in Hanoi Railway Station
2. BUS from Hanoi to Thanh Hoa
- yes, many buses run from Hanoi to Thanh Hoa
- travel by bus from Hanoi to Thanh Hoa takes about 4 hours
- various bus companies and many other small companies
- buses go from Giáp Bát bus station in Hanoi
3. MOTORBIKE from Hanoi to Thanh Hoa
- you can also travel on motorbike from Hanoi to Thanh Hoa if you have your IDP
- travel on motorbike from Hanoi to Thanh Hoa takes about 5-6 hours
- you can search and book your motorbike in Hanoi with BIKESBOOKING
- a good way for the most experienced motorbike drivers
What is Baolau?
– Baolau sells the train, bus, ferry tickets for transportation mainly in Vietnam (also a tickets for Cambodia and Laos)
– company offers also a tickets larger bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, Sapa Express, Futabus…)
– flights of Vietnamese Airlines, JetStar Pacific, VietJet Air, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– tickets for the ferries in Vietnam (eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh, ferry to Quan Lan…)
– certified company from Singapore – no cheaters and scammers
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– the final price you will see before making of payment transaction
– you can use online train e-ticket in mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– you can select a seat or berth in the train in Vietnam
– read other information about ticket before you order, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
What is 12go.asia?
– a specialist for train, bus, ferry tickets mainly in Thailand (also for Vietnam, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Cambodia)
– bus tickets for Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia… (eg. Sapa Express, Mai Linh, Hoang Long, TheSinhTourist, Hung Thanh…)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Samui, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Chang, Koh Tao…
– from 2018 you can book train tickets for China online (Beijing to Shaghai, Shenzhen to Guangzhou, Shanghai to Nanjing..)
– you can not use an online train tickets in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– you can select a seat or berth in the train in Vietnam
– if you order an train ticket in Baolau or 12go for tourist trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia and Baolau read in article about transportation in Vietnam
FAQ + Travel tips – Travel from Hanoi to Thanh Hoa:
1️⃣ How to book and buy tickets from Hanoi to Thanh Hoa?
- You can book tickets from Hanoi to Thanh Hoa online on Baolau.
- You can also book another tickets, flights, e.g. Hanoi > Ninh Binh, Ninh Binh > Thanh Hoa…
2️⃣ How long does it take to get from Hanoi to Than Hoa?
- Travel by train from Hanoi to Than Hoa takes about 3.5-4 hours.
- Travel by bus from Hanoi to Thanh Hoa takes about 4 hours.
- Travel on motorbike from Hanoi to Thanh Hoa takes about 5-6 hours.
3️⃣ What is the travel distance from Hanoi to Than Hoa?
- Travel distance from Hanoi to Than Hoa by bus or train is about 170 km.
4️⃣ How to search and book a motorbike in Hanoi?
- You can search and book your motorbike easily online with BIKESBOOKING.
5️⃣ How much does it cost to get from Hanoi to Than Hoa?
- Travel by train from Hanoi to Than Hoa costs about $4-6/pp.
- Travel by bus from Hanoi to Than Hoa costs about $4-7/pp.
What is the best option of transport from Hanoi to Than Hoa?
- The best way how to reach Thanh Hoa from Hanoi is to travel by train, trains are comfortable and modern.
What is the most cheapest option of transport from Hanoi to Than Hoa?
- The most cheapest option is to travel by train – hard seat is the most cheapest way, but the soft seat is better.
Is there a flight from Hanoi to Thanh Hoa?
- No, there is no direct flight from Hanoi to Thanh Hoa, there are only flights with stopover. But in this case it does not make a sense to travel by plane.
Where to stay in Thanh Hoa?
- There are various hotels or beach resorts at the beaches in Thanh Hoa and in the city center. There are cheap but also luxury hotels or resorts. Book your hotel or resort in Thanh Hoa online.
Where you can go from Thanh Hoa?
- From Thanh Hoa you can travel to central Vietnam, e.g. by train/bus to Dong Hoi, Hue, Vinh or Da Nang.