Tourist information and support center in Hanoi.
The capital of Vietnam is Hanoi – it is also a largest city in the north of Vietnam. A lot of foreign tourists and travelers may feel lost there or they are looking for the official and good tourist information center in Hanoi. And it is not so easy to find some reliable and good information center if you are there for the first time and you know nothing about Hanoi. But there is a very good solution – go to the official Tourist information and support center of Hanoi – 28 Hàng Dầu Street, Hoan Kiem district (nearby the Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre, center of Hanoi, see map below).
icon-check Free tourist information and support in Hanoi
icon-check Free maps, advices + free walking tours around Old Quarter
icon-check Helpful and friendly students and support
icon-check In the center of Hanoi (Hoan Kiem)
Hanoi students – free information, free tours, free guides.
Tourist information center in Hanoi – it is a part of the project of Hanoi Department of Tourism and Vietnam Tourism company (vn-tourism.com) to improve the quality of the service related to tourism and to enhance the image of Hanoi and Vietnam in the eyes‘ of foreign visitors and travellers. This company is responsible for creating free walking tours and other programs for travellers visiting Hanoi, training student tour guides and managing activities of the center.
Free walking tours with students around the Old Quarter area.
Tourists can come there and they will provide them with free maps, free info and help them to report or send their opinions to the authorities. Free walking tours around the Old Quarter area and Hoan Kiem Lake – all of free tours guides are vietnamese students who are willing to volunteer to have a chance to sharpen their skills and help other people. They are very friendly and helpful. More information about free walking tours in Hanoi below.
Tourist information center offers 2 kinds of free tours:
Tour 1: The Legacy of the Thang Long-era craft guilds in Hanoi today
The most unique feature of Hanoi’s Old Quarter is undoubtedly its guild streets. Centuries ago, each street specialized in the production and sale of just one kind of handicraft. In time, the streets were named after those products, with the word “Hang”, meaning “shop” or “merchandise” added in front. To this day, some of the streets still trade in their original products, like Hang Bac (Silver Street), Hang Thiec (Tin Street) and Lan Ong (Traditional Medicine Street).
Tour 2: The Stories and legends of old Hanoi
Within a radius of just one square kilometer, from the middle of Dinh Tien Hoang Street to the middle of Ly Quoc Su Street in Hanoi, two major religions meet: Vietnamese Buddhism with its pagodas and temples, and Catholicism from the West, represented by the Hanoi Cathedral.
icon-angle-double-right icon-angle-double-right icon-angle-double-right No booking required, just show up and you will be guided by our lovely tour guide to discover the irresistible charm of Hanoi. Or you can book the tour via email address: email@example.com.
Tourist information center in Hanoi icon-angle-double-down
– Address: 28 Hàng Dầu Street, Hanoi, Hoan Kiem district
– Phone: +84 94 133 66 77
– Tourist Information and Support Desk: 9:00 – 20:00 from Monday to Sunday, Hotline 24/7: 0941 33 66 77
– Tourism and Free Tours Desk: 9:00 – 18:00 (tour registration ends at 4 pm), from Wednesday to Sunday (except holidays), Hotline: 0941 33 66 77
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/28hangDau
All the photos in this article are used with the company’s approval.
Frequently Asked Questions – Tourist Information Center:
1️⃣ Where is located this tourist information center?
- Tourist information center is located in 28 Hàng Dầu Street, Hoan Kiem district, the city center of Hanoi.
2️⃣ Is it possible to book free tour in this info-center?
- Yes, you can book free walking tours to the city center of Hanoi.
3️⃣ How you can book tickets or flights for Vietnam online?
4️⃣ How to move and explore Hanoi?
- The best way how you can explore Hanoi is to walk. A lot of historical places and monuments are located around the Hoan Kiem Lake so they are easily accessible. Another way is to travel by private taxi or Grab or public bus.
5️⃣ What is the most visited tourist place in Hanoi?
- The most visited historical place in Hanoi is Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum in Ba Dinh square.
6️⃣ What is the main airport of Hanoi?
- The main airport for Hanoi is Noi Bai International Airport, it is about 30 km north of Hanoi city center. There is Express Bus No.86 from the railway station in 120 Le Duan street to Noi Bai Airprot.
7️⃣ Where is the main railway station in Hanoi?
- The main railway station for the trains to the north and south of Vietnam is located in 120 Le Duan street, it is about 4 km from Hoan Kiem Lake. From this railway station you can travel by train to Ho Chi Minh City in southern Vietnam.