Detailed map of Ha Long Bay, Cat Ba Island, Quan Lan Island in northern Vietnam.
This Google and tourist map of the famous Ha Long Bay and nearby Cat Ba Island contains the most interesting and top tourist places visited by travelers and tourists. Ha Long Bay is one of the most visited places in Vietnam, it is good to know it, written in UNESCO Heritage list. Cat Ba Island is a good place if you want to get out of town and industrial zones of Hai Phong. A good option is also to visit Quan Lan Island or Co To Island, these could be good alternatives to tourist places in Ha Long Bay (Tuan Chau, Cat Ba Island…).
Ha Long, Tuan Chau Island and Cat Ba Island are very easily accesible if you travel from Hanoi, read these articles:
> How to travel from Hanoi to Ha Long
> How to travel from Hanoi to Cat Ba Island
> How to travel from Hanoi to Tuan Chau Island
From Hai Phong you can take a ferry/boat to Cat Ba Island:
> How to travel from Hai Phong to Cat Ba Island
From Ha Long and Cai Rong you can travel by ferry to Quan Lan and Co To Islands, read this:
> How to travel from Ha Long, Cai Rong to Quan Lan Island
There was also a new biggest sea-crossing bridge in southeast Asia opened in Hai Phong – Tan Vu>Lach Huyen (September 2017) So now it is very easy to travel by bus directly from Hanoi to the Cat Ba Island. The best option how to explore Ha Long Bay and nearby hundreds of islands and beaches is to buy a boat trip, eg. for 2-3 days. Check this Google and tourist map and prepare your trip.
Ha Long Bay – Google Map of Attractions and Interesting Places:
What to see and visit in Ha Long Bay?
Ha Long town is a starting place for exploring Ha Long Bay and this large area. There are various ports and piers and various boats to various islands or bays. There is also a local bus to Cai Rong (Van Don), from Cai Rong you can travel to Quan Lan Island or Co To Island. Tuan Chau Island is only about 5 km from the Bai Chay bus station in Ha Long town.
- Nui Bai To sightseeing top in Ha Long town
- Sun World Ha Long park in Ha Long town
- Quan Lan Island (Van Don Archipelago)
- Cat Ba Island (+ Cannon Fort)
- Co To Island (Van Don Archipelago)
- Lan Ha Bay, Bai Tu Long Bay
- Tuan Chau Island (boat transfer to Cat Ba Island)
- floating villages in Ha Long Bay and many other places…
Where to go from Ha Long?
After you come to Ha Long town, you can travel to various places in this area. You can go to Tuan Chau Island, Cat Ba Island or you can take a local bus to Cai Rong and from Cai Rong you can travel by boat to Quan Lan Island or Co To Island. There is the Van Don International Airport in Cai Rong, so you can take some direct flights to central or southern Vietnam.
icon-ticket Book and buy train, bus, ferry tickets + flights in Vietnam:
Frequently Asked Questions – Halong Bay in Vietnam:
Where is Halong Bay and Cat Ba Island?
- Halong Bay and Cat Ba Island lies in Quang Ninh province in northern Vietnam. It is about 180 km by road east of Hanoi. There is also Ha Long town.
How to reach Halong Bay town from Hanoi?
- There are various ways how you can travel from Hanoi to Halong Bay or Cat Ba Island. Bus, train, taxi/car, sightseeing flight or boat. Read this article: How do I get to Halong Bay from Hanoi?
When to visit Halong Bay?
- Halong Bay is in northern Vietnam, summer is very hot, autumn is pleasent and winter could be a bit cold. If you want to swim in Halong Bay, you should avoid winter months, winter is not optimal for visit this site.
Where shuld I rent a motorbike for traveling in Vietnam?
- You can do it online. Search and rent a motorycle for your trip in Vietnam easily online with Bikesbooking.
What is the most interesting place in Halong Bay?
- It is not easy to say, there are various nice caves, karsts sceneries or remoted islands. The whole Halong Bay is stunning. Cat Ba Island is a tourist site, Quan Lan and Co To Island are a bit remoted islands.
Where to take a cruise to Halong Bay?
- There are various agencies in Ha Long town and they offer various boat trips in Halong Bay or Lan Ha Bay. The best way is to read reviews and book these cruise easily online, read this: 15 Best Cruises in Ha Long Bay.
Tour to Halong Bay and Cat Ba Island?
- Yes, it is also a good idea if you want to explore Halong Bay or Cat Ba Island and nearby islands and beaches. Search and book your tour to Halong Bay easily online with Tourradar.