Hanoi – the capital of Vietnam and the most important transport hub.
- Da Lat to Hanoi – it is a long travel route from southern to northern Vietnam. Hanoi is an important political, economic and cultural center of the country and, since 1976, the capital of Vietnam. The city was founded in the 3rd century BC and until 1831 bore the name Thang Long. Today’s Hanoi is a modern, vibrant city, the core of which was founded during the French colonial rule. Although heavily bombed during the war in Indochina, it is considered the most magical capital in all of Asia. The center of Hanoi is Hoan Kiem Lake, the so-called „Lake of the Returned Sword“. The business heart of Hanoi is the French Quarter with several important buildings, such as the Prison Museum, the building of the former Art Deco Governor’s residence in the Art Deco style and the Opera House. The centerpiece of western Hanoi is the large Ba Dinh Square, which serves as a venue for military parades on important occasions. Its dominant feature is the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum with the sarcophagus of the communist leader and the whole complex of parks, monuments and pagodas. Nearby you can see the Presidential Palace and the Ho Chi Minh Museum.
From Da Lat to Hanoi you can travel by plane, bus+train or sleeper bus.
- Travel distance from Da Lat to Hanoi is about 1400 km by land and about 950 km by plane. You can travel by plane, there are direct flights from Da Lat to Hanoi. Direct flight from Da Lat to Hanoi takes about 2 hours and it costs about $50-170/pp. Lien Khuong International Airport is about 30 km south of Da Lat city and flight to Hanoi (Noi Bai Airport) is the best and fastest/comfortable way of transport between these cities. You can also travel by land from Da Lat to Hanoi, you can take a bus from Da Lat to Nha Trang (about 4 hours) and in Nha Trang you can travel by train to Hanoi. Travel time by train from Nha Trang to Hanoi is about 25 hours. There are sleeper tourist trains from Nha Trang to Hanoi. If you want to travel by land, to travel by train is the best option, it is better to avoid the bus. But it is possible to travel by sleeper bus to Hanoi from Da Lat via Da Nang, travel time by bus is about 35 hours.. It is a good idea to make a stop in central Vietnam (Da Nang, Hue, Dong Hoi). From Hanoi you can travel to Sapa in Lao Cai. You can book bus, train tickets and flights on the route from Da Lat to Hanoi online.
How do I get from Da Lat to Hanoi?
1. FLIGHT from Da Lat to Hanoi
- the most fastest and comfortable way how to get from Da Lat to Hanoi
- flight from Da Lat to Hanoi takes about 2 hours
- flight from Da Lat to Hanoi cost about $50-170/pp
- airlines from Da Lat to Hanoi: Vietnam Airlines, VietJet Air, Jetstar Pacific, Bamboo Airways
- airport in Da Lat: Lien Khuong International Airport (about 30km south of Da Lat City)
- airport in Hanoi: Noi Bai International Airport (about 30km north of Hanoi)
- Book your direct flight from Da Lat to Hanoi online on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
2. BUS + TRAIN from Da Lat to Hanoi
A) BUS from Da Lat to Nha Trang
- travel by bus or minivan from Da Lat to Nha Trang takes about 4 hours
- various bus companies to Nha Trang: Hanh Café, TheSinh Tourist, Phuong Trang (Futabus)…
- one-way bus ticket from Da Lat to Nha Trang costs about $5-10/pp (depends on the type of bus)
- Book + buy your bus tickets from Da Lat to Nha Trang on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
- you can check – Bus Schedule – Da Lat to Nha Trang
B) TRAIN from Nha Trang to Hanoi
- travel distance by train from Nha Trang to Hanoi is about 1300 km
- there are about 6 trains of Vietnam Railways every day
- 1st class+2nd class trains of Vietnam Railways, hard+soft seats or berths in cabin
- travel by train from Nha Trang to Hanoi takes up to 25 hours
- train ticket from Nha Trang to Hanoi costs about $22-70/pp
- Book + buy train e-tickets from Nha Trang to Hanoi on Baolau icon-external-link-square or 12go.asia icon-external-link-square
- you will receive your train e-ticket to Hanoi by email, ready to print or carry in your smartphone or tablet and present when boarding the train in Nha Trang Railway Station
3. BUS from Da Lat to Hanoi
From Da Lat to Hanoi you can also travel by bus. But travel distance is about 1400 km, it does not make a sense to travel by bus, because it is not so comfortable and takes a lot of time. So it is a good idea to make a stopover somewhere in central Vietnam. You can visit for example Da Nang, Hue, Dong Hoi. Almost all the buses from Da Lat to Hanoi go via Nha Trang and Da Nang. Nha Trang is only about 4 hours by bus from Da Lat. There are various buses and trains, flights between Nha Trang, Da Nang and Hanoi. You can book your bus/train tickets from Da Lat to Hanoi (via Da Nang, Nha Trang, Hue) online on Baolau or 12go.asia.
A) Bus from Da Lat to Da Nang
- travel by bus from Da Lat to Da Nang takes about 12-17 hours
- travel by bus from Da Lat to Da Nang costs about $12-20/pp
- bus companies to Da Nang: Futabus, Hanh Cafe, Thanh Thuy
B) Bus or train from Da Nang to Hanoi
- travel by bus from Da Nang to Hanoi takes about 16-18 hours
- travel by bus from Da Nang to Hanoi costs about $14-20/pp
- bus companies to Hanoi: Futabus, Hey Travel, Grouptour, Queen Cafe, Hung Thanh
icon-map-marker Hanoi – Google Map (Interesting sites, stations…)
Baolau – Book tickets (train, bus, ferry) and flights
– buy train, boat, bus tickets or flights mainly for Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Philipiness, Malaysia…)
– flights of various airlines in southeast Asia, mainly in Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, China…
– ferry tickets in Vietnam (eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry – Con Dao to Ho Chi Minh…)
– tickets for Malaysia (eg. Penang to Langkawi, Kuala Lumpur to Kota Bharu, Kuala Lumpur to Malacca…)
– you can use your online train e-ticket in your smartphone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– you should also read frequently asked questions on Baolau
12go.asia – Book tickets (train, bus, ferry) and flights
– book train, boat, bus tickets and flights mainly for Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, China…)
– boat tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Chang, Koh Lanta to Koh Phi Phi…
– tickets for the main routes in Thailand, eg: Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Bangkok to Surat Thani, Bangkok to Krabi…
– you can not use an online train ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets in Thailand)
– read also carefully information about train tickets and travel in Thailand
– you can use an online train ticket in Vietnam in your smartphone (not in Thailand)
– if you book a ticket of private trains in Vietnam to Lao Cai on 12go.asia/Baolau (King Express, Orient…), you must pick it up at the station
icon-info-circle Faqs + Tips – Travel route from Da Lat to Hanoi:
How to book and buy tickets + flights from Da Lat to Hanoi?
How long does it take to travel from Da Lat to Hanoi?
- Travel by plane from Da Lat to Hanoi takes about 2 hours.
- Travel by bus+train from Da Lat to Hanoi (via Nha Trang) takes about 30-32 hours.
- Travel by sleeper bus from Da Lat to Hanoi (via Da Nang, Hue) takes about 34 hours.
How much does it cost to travel from Da Lat to Hanoi?
- Travel by plane from Da Lat to Hanoi costs about $50-170/pp.
- Travel by bus+train from Da Lat (via Nha Trang) costs about $27-90/pp.
- Travel by sleeper bus from Da Lat to Hanoi (via Da Nang, Hue) costs about $25-30/pp.
What is the travel distance from Da Lat to Hanoi?
- Travel distance from Da Lat to Hanoi is about 1400 km by bus/train via Nha Trang or about 950 km by plane.
What is the best way of transport from Da Lat to Hanoi?
- The best and fast comfortable way of transport from Da Lat to Hanoi is to travel by plane. There are direct flights every day. Sometimes these direct flights to Hanoi are cheap.
What is the cheapest way of transport from Da Lat to Hanoi?
- The cheapest way of getting to Hanoi from Da Lat is to travel by combination of bus or train via Nha Trang or Da Nang.
What you should not miss if you travel from Nha Trang to the north?
- The 3rd biggest city of Vietnam – Da Nang. There are various trains and buses from Nha Trang to Da Nang. Read this: Nha Trang to Da Nang – Schedule. It takes about 10 hours from Nha Trang to Da Nang by train.
Flight Schedule / Timetable – Da Lat to Hanoi:
Flight Schedule - Da Lat to Hanoi
Departs in Da Lat
Arrival in Hanoi
Flight to Hanoi
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your flights and bus/train tickets from Da Lat to Hanoi + Schedule:
(you can change your departure, arrival, date, eg. Da Lat to Nha Trang, Nha Trang to Hanoi…)