Detailed tourist and trekking map of Sapa with the most interesting places.
This Google and tourist map of Sapa contains the most interesting and tourist places and attractions in Sapa area. It is good to know – Sapa belongs to the 3 most visited places in northern Vietnam and in recent years there have been many new hotels in town build. But still, it is a good place if you want to visit the highest mountain in Vietnam – Fansipan (3143 m) or beautiful Hoang Lien national park. If you travel from Hanoi read this article > How to travel from Hanoi to Sapa?
The whole area of Sapa in Lao Cai has lots of trekking routes and small roads, it is not possible to mark this routes in this tourist map. In this map you will find the most visited places and routes and that is enough for basic orientation. If you want to visit another hidden or not tourist places it is good to have a local guide, I recommend a local ethnic Hmong girl, they know Sapa and area and they live there. They offer also a local homestay in the nearby villages, eg. Ta Van, Ta Phin, Thanh Kim, Lao Chai… If you want to explore nearby villages in Sapa area I recommend to rent a motorbike.
Sapa – Google Map of Attractions + Interesting Places:
What to see and visit in Sapa?
There are a lot of interesting places and tourist attractions in Sapa what you can visit. Sapa is a tourist place, you should know it. A lot of these interesting tourist places are placed around Sapa. The best way how to explore this area is to walk/hike/trekking or rent a motorbike and travel on your own.
- Villages in Sapa (Tavan, Cat Cat, Ta Phin, Thanh Kim, Hau Thao, Lao Chai…)
- Silver Waterfall + Love Waterfall
- Fansipan – the highest mountain in Vietnam
- Hoang Lien National Park
- Muong Hoa Valley
- Hydro-power dam in Seo My Ty
- Tram Ton Pass – O Quy Ho
- Market in Sapa
- Ham Rong Mountain (Dragon mountain)
- Sunday market in Bac Ha (80 km from Sapa)
- Sunday market in Muong Hun
- Y Ty district (Black Ha Nhi ethnic minority)
Where to go from Sapa/Lao Cai?
Sapa and Lao Cai is the most important transport hub in the north of Vietnam. Sapa has no railway station and airport, but there are various buses to various places in northern Vietnam. There is a railway and bus station in Lao Cai town. From Sapa you can travel by bus to Hanoi or you can take a train in Lao Cai town to Hanoi. Check these important travel routes from Lai Cai and Sapa:
Frequently Asked Questions – Sapa in Vietnam:
1️⃣ Where is Sapa?
- Sapa town is located in Lao Cai province, about 35 km west of Lao Cai city – Lao Cai province. It is a mountain town, popular tourist site and covers an area of 677 km². Sapa town lies at an elevation of about 1500 meters (4,921 feet) elevation and this town and nearby area is inhabited mainly by Hmong ethnic minority.
2️⃣ How to reach Sapa from Hanoi?
- From Hanoi to Sapa you can travel by tourist bus/minivan, private car/taxi, train + bus via Lao Cai or motorbike. There is no flight because Sapa town has no airport. Read this article: How to go to Sapa from Hanoi?
3️⃣ How many days do you need in Sapa?
- It does not make a sense to go there for 1 day, you should stay about 3-5 days. Sapa offers various nice sites, you can try homestay, explore Hoang Lien Son National Park or you can go to Fansipan – the highest mountain of Vietnam.
4️⃣ What is the best month to visit Sapa?
- It is better to skip hot summer months and cold winter months. The best time to visit Sapa is from September to early December or March and May. From the middle of September to October, the rice in all terraced fields is ripe and turn to yellow color. There is a possibility of landslides in the summer motnhs, more info about the weather in Sapa.
5️⃣ Where to rent a motorbike in Vietnam?
- You can search and rent a motorbike for your trip in Vietnam easily online with Bikesbooking.
6️⃣ What is the most interesting place in Sapa?
- The most interesting place in Sapa is Fansipan mountain – the highest mountain of Vietnam. You can hike this mountain with a tour guide or you can travel by cable car from Fansipan Legend station. Fansipan Legend is connected with the town of Sapa by shuttle train. Another popular place is Muong Hoa valley at the Hoang Lien National Park.
7️⃣ Is Sapa worth visiting in December?
- December is also not bad for visit Sapa, but this month should be very cold. There are not so many tourists in this time and it is a dry month. You should take a warm clothing, good shoes…
8️⃣ How to reach Sapa from Lao Cai?
- From Lao Cai to Sapa you can travel by local bus from the railway station or you can book private taxi.
9️⃣ Tour to Sapa or Fansipan?
- Yes, it is possible and you can search and book a tour to Sapa or Fansipan mountain easily online. There are some tours for about 2-4 days. Try to search and book your tour to Sapa with KLOOK.