Dien Bien Phu – a typically agriculture area of the north of Vietnam.
- Dien Bien Phu you will find in the northwest of Vietnam, about 20 km from the border with Laos. Tay Trang crossing border is accesible for the tourists and travelers, this border is about 60 km from the town of Dien Bien Phu. In Dien Bien Phu you can see the largest rice field in the northern Vietnam. This province has lots of ethnic villages of Thai people, it is not a tourist and visited place of Vietnam.
- From Sapa you can travel by tourist bus to Dien Bien Phu and you can book and buy e-tickets online. Some of the local buses from Sapa stops in Lai Chau and in Lai Chau you have to take another bus connection to Dien Bien Phu. Travel distance from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu is about 280 km. There is no train and no flight from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu.
How to get and travel from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu?
1. SLEEPER BUS from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu
- there are some tourist sleeper buses from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu
- bus companies from Sapa to Dien Bien: Grouptour (Sapa SSB) or other tourist operators
- travel by bus from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu takes about 9-10 hours
- one-way bus ticket from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu costs about $15
- book and buy bus tickets from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu online on 12go.asia, secured online payment
- you will receive your e-ticket to Dien Bien Phu by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present when boarding the bus in Sapa
2. BUS from Sapa to Lai Chau + Lai Chau to Dien Bien Phu
- there are some direct buses from Sapa to Lai Chau + from Lai Chau to Dien Bien Phu
- Lai Chau – recommended for stopover
- bus companies: various bus and local companies
Dien Bien Phu – tourist map:
What is Baolau?
– a company specializing in train, bus, ferry tickets, flights mainly for Vietnam (also a tickets for Laos and Cambodia)
– company offers also a tickets larger bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Hung Thanh, Futabus, EcoSapa…)
– flights of Vietnamese airlines, JetStar, VietJet Air, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– ferry tickets in Vietnam (eg. ferry to Cat Ba, Con Dao to Ho Chi Minh, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Phnom Penh, ferry to Quan Lan…)
– tickets for travel routes in Vietnam (eg. Da Lat to Hanoi, Hanoi to Mu Cang Chai, Da Lat to Hoi An…)
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– you can select a seat in a train or berth/bed
– you will see the final price before making the payment transaction
– you can use online train ticket in mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read in the order any other information about ticket, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
What is 12go.asia?
– a specialist for bus, train, ferry tickets mainly in Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar)
– bus tickets for Vietnam, Thailand… (eg. Sapa Express, Mai Linh, Mekong Express, TheSinhTourist, Futabus…)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Rong, Koh Samui, Koh Chang, Koh Lanta…
– tickets for the main routes in Thailand, eg: Bangkok to Krabi, Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Bangkok to Phuket…
– you can not use an online ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– more information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– you can use an online ticket in Vietnam (not in Thailand)
– if you order a ticket on 12go.asia of private train companies in Vietnam to Sapa (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
Book your bus tickets from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu onlineicon-angle-double-down
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: