Dien Bien Phu – a typically agriculture area of the north of Vietnam.
- Dien Bien Phu you will find in the northwest of Vietnam, about 20 km from the border with Laos. Tay Trang crossing border is accesible for the tourists and travelers, this border is about 60 km from the town of Dien Bien Phu. In Dien Bien Phu you can see the largest rice field in the northern Vietnam. This province has lots of ethnic villages of Thai people, it is not a tourist and visited place of Vietnam. An area around Dien Bien town still offers an authentic ethnic villages of the northwestern part of Vietnam. Dien Bien Phu has an airport and there are direct flights to Hanoi.
From Sapa to Dien Bien Phu you can get by tourist bus or motorbike.
- Travel distance from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu is about 280 km by land. From Sapa you can travel by tourist bus to Dien Bien Phu. There is no railway and no flight between Sapa and Dien Bine Phu (Sapa has no airport), bus or motorbike is the only way of transport. Travel time by tourist bus from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu is about 10 hours and bus ticket costs about $15/pp. If you are an experienced motorbike driver you can travel on motorbike, IDP in Vietnam is necessary. Some of the local buses from Sapa stops in Lai Chau and in Lai Chau you have to take another bus connection to Dien Bien Phu. You can search and book bus tickets to Dien Bien Phu from Sapa online.
How do I get from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu?
1. SLEEPER BUS from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu
- there are some tourist sleeper buses from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu
- bus companies from Sapa to Dien Bien: Grouptour (Sapa SSB) or other tourist operators
- travel by bus from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu takes about 9-10 hours
- one-way bus ticket from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu costs about $15/pp
- Book and buy bus tickets from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu online on 12go.asia , secured online payment
- you will receive your e-ticket to Dien Bien Phu by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present when boarding the bus in Sapa
2. BUS from Sapa to Lai Chau + Lai Chau to Dien Bien Phu
- there are some direct buses from Sapa to Lai Chau + from Lai Chau to Dien Bien Phu
- Lai Chau – recommended for stopover
- bus companies: various bus and local companies
Dien Bien Phu – Tourist map:
What is Baolau?
– a company specializing in train, bus, ferry tickets, flights mainly for Vietnam (also a tickets for Laos and Cambodia)
– company offers also a tickets larger bus companies (Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Hung Thanh, Futabus, EcoSapa…)
– flights of Vietnamese airlines, JetStar, VietJet Air, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– ferry tickets in Vietnam (eg. ferry to Cat Ba, Con Dao to Ho Chi Minh, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Phnom Penh, ferry to Quan Lan…)
– tickets for travel routes in Vietnam (eg. Da Lat to Hanoi, Hanoi to Mu Cang Chai, Da Lat to Hoi An…)
– the price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– you can select a seat in a train or berth/bed
– you will see the final price before making the payment transaction
– you can use online train ticket in mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– read in the order any other information about ticket, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
What is 12go.asia?
– a specialist for bus, train, ferry tickets mainly in Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar)
– bus tickets for Vietnam, Thailand… (eg. Sapa Express, Mai Linh, Mekong Express, TheSinhTourist, Futabus…)
– ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Rong, Koh Samui, Koh Chang, Koh Lanta…
– tickets for the main routes in Thailand, eg: Bangkok to Krabi, Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Bangkok to Phuket…
– you can use an online ticket in Vietnam and Thailand
– if you order a ticket on 12go.asia of private train companies in Vietnam to Sapa (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
FAQ + Tips – Travel from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu:
1️⃣ How to book bus tickets from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu?
- You can book bus tickets from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu online on 12go.asia.
- You can also book another tickets, flights, e.g. Sapa > Mu Cang Chai, Mu Cang Chai > Hanoi…
2️⃣ How long does it take to get from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu?
- Travel by bus from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu takes about 9-10 hours.
- Travel on motorbike from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu takes about 11 hours.
3️⃣ What is the travel distance from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu?
- Travel distance from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu by tourist bus is about 280 km.
4️⃣ How much does it cost to get from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu?
- Travel by tourist bus from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu costs about $15/pp.
5️⃣ Where to stay in Dien Bien Phu?
- Dien Bien is a large city and there are various hotels, guesthouses, but also some homestay in nearby area. There are also some luxury hotels in the city center. Search your hotel online: Book your hotel in Dien Bien Phu online.
6️⃣ What is the best option of transport from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu?
- There is only a bus or motorbike, no other way of transport.
7️⃣ What is the most cheapest option of transport from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu?
- The most cheapest option is to travel from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu by bus.
8️⃣ Is there a flight from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu?
- No, there is no flight from Sapa to Dien Bien Phu. Sapa has no airprot, so it is not possible to travel by plane.
9️⃣ Where you can go and travel from Dien Bien Phu?
- From Dien Bien Phu you can travel by bus to Son La city in the northwest part of Vietnam. Son La province is also an attractive place, this part of Vietnam is not so visited by foreign tourists.