HIGH SPEED FERRY from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau:
- high speed ferry/boat from Ho Chi Minh to Vung Tau is operated by Greenlines Ferry company
- travel by high speed ferry/boat from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau takes about 2 hours
- high speed ferry is the fastest and most convenient way of transfer between Ho Chi Minh and Vung Tau
- price of the one-way ferry ticket from Saigon to Vung Tau is about $9-14/pp
- port in Ho Chi Minh City – Bach Dang Speed Ferry Terminal 2 (10B Ton Duc Thang, Phường Bến Nghé)
- port in Vung Tau City – Greenlines DP Seaport Vung Tau – Cầu Đá Port (12/1 Trần Phú, Vũng Tàu)
- come to the port at least 30 minutes before departure of ferry
- Book and buy ferry/boat tickets from Ho Chi Minh to Vung Tau on 12go.asia icon-external-link-square or Baolau icon-external-link-square
- children under 6 are free and do not need a ferry ticket if they share a seat with a parent and children ages 6-11 are half price
Ferry from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau – Schedule / Timetable + Ferry Tickets:
Ferry Schedule - Ho Chi Minh to Vung Tau
Departure in Ho Chi Minh
Arrival in Vung Tau
Book ferry ticket
FAQ – Ferry from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau:
1️⃣ How to book and buy ferry tickets from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau?
2️⃣ How long does it take to get by ferry from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau?
- Travel by high speed ferry from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau takes about 2 hours.
3️⃣ What is the travel distance by ferry from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau?
- Travel distance from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau is about 100 km by high speed ferry.
4️⃣ How much does it cost to get by ferry from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau?
- Travel by high speed ferry from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau costs about $9-14/pp.
5️⃣ Is there another way how to get from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau?
- Yes, you can travel by tourist bus or modern luxury minivan/minibus. There is no train connection and no flights between Saigon and Vung Tau, so the tourist bus, private taxi and ferry is the only way how to reach Vung Tau. Read this article > Vung Tau from Saigon – Travel options.
6️⃣ Is there an domestic or international airport in Vung Tau City?
- No, there is no airport in Vung Tau City. The only way how to come to Vung Tau is to travel by tourist bus/ferry/motorbike or private taxi.
7️⃣ Is there a bus or minivan from Tan Son That Airport to Vung Tau?
- Yes, it is possible to travel by bus/minivan already from Tan Son That Airport in Saigon, one-way bus tickets cost about $6-12/pp, check Baolau/12go and book bus tickets easily online.
8️⃣ Is it possible to travel from Vung Tau to Con Dao Islands?
- Yes, if you want to get to Con Dao you can travel by ferry, travel by ferry takes about 3.5 hours.
- Check and read this article: How to travel from Vung Tau to Con Dao?
9️⃣ What you can not take with you to the ferry to Vung Tau?
- There are some regulations in these ferries to Vung Tau: You can not bring on board weapons, toxics, explosives, inflammables, pets and it is not possible to bring on board motorcycle or bicycle. It is not possible to bring on board any cargoes other than personals belongings.
🔟 How to travel to Con Dao from Saigon (via Vung Tau)?
- From Saigon to Con Dao Islands you can take a direct flight – it is the most fastest option of transfer. But you can also travel by boat to Vung Tau and take another boat to Con Dao. Vung Tau is also accessible by various tourist buses or minivans and cars from Saigon.
Book ferry / boat tickets from Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) to Vung Tau + Schedule:
(You can change your departure, arrival… Vung Tau to Ho Chi Minh, Vung Tau to Con Dao…)