- Meo Vac is a town in Ha Giang province, it is about 410 km from Hanoi – the capital of Vietnam. It is one of the northernmost site of northern Vietnam, it is not a tourist site, because it is very remoted and far. This town is also a part of Dong Van Karst Global Geopark and about 3 km from this town you can visit the most fascinating mountain pass of Vietnam – Ma Pi Leng Pass. Meo Vac is a small town, there are no historical sites in this town, but you can visit local market in the town or you can climb to the viewpoint (Chòi Vọng Cảnh Mèo Vạc). There are a few restaurants in the town, so you can easily buy food or you can book private homestay or guesthouse. Meo Vac is also a popular place because it is a part of “Ha Giang Motorbike Loop”. Lots of tourists rent a motorbike in Ha Giang town and travel in this province to Meo Vac via Yen Minh and Dong Van. There are 3 ways how you can get to Meo Vac from Ha Giang town – by bus, motorbike or you can book your private tour. There is no flight and no train in this province.
- You can book bus tickets from Ha Giang to Meo Vac easily online with Baolau icon-external-link-square
From Ha Giang town to Meo Vac town you can travel by bus or motorbike.
- Travel distance from Ha Giang to Meo Vac is about 170 km by QL4C road and via Dong Van town. From Ha Giang town to Meo Vac town you can travel by bus, travel by bus takes about 6 hours and bus ticket costs about $6-7/pp. Bus depart from Ha Giang bus station (Bến Xe Hà Giang) and arrive to Meo Vac bus station (Bến Xe Mèo Vạc). Another option is to rent a motorbike in Ha Giang town and travel on your own way. Note: this option is a good idea only for the most experienced motorbike drivers (IDP necessary). If you do not have any driving skills – do not travel on motorbike. There are dangerous mountain roads and driving in this province is not for everyone. Landslides are also possible mainly in the summer months. The last option is to book your private tour and explore Ha Giang (and Dong Van Geopark) province with a tour guide (or tour agency). Ha Giang is one of the most impressive mountain province of Vietnam. You can search and book bus tickets or private tour to Meo Vac from Ha Giang easily online.
How do I get from Ha Giang to Meo Vac?
1. BUS from Ha Giang to Meo Vac
- travel by bus / minibus from Ha Giang to Meo Vac town takes about 6-6.5 hours
- seat buses or comfortable minibuses / minivans of private bus companies
- bus company from Ha Giang to Meo Vac: Cau Me
- bus tickets from Ha Giang to Meo Vac costs about $6-7/pp
- Book and buy bus e-tickets + schedule from Ha Giang to Meo Vac on Baolau icon-external-link-square
- book bus tickets online and you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your smartphone and present at the ticket counter of the station in Ha Giang town before boarding the bus, read the information before you book your tickets to Meo Vac
2. From Ha Giang to Meo Vac on motorbike
Another favorite option how to reach Meo Vac and explore Dong Van Plateau Geopark on your own. But this option is not for everyone. Why? Ha Giang is a mountain province and there are various fascinating but also dangerous roads. And some drivers are also dangerous on these roads. But if you can and you have some driving skills, you can try it, yes, it is amazing adventure, but be very careful and drive slowly.
- before you go to Meo Vac – obtain your IDP – International Driving Permitt!
- it is possible, that you will meet police controls along the way to Dong Van town
- travel on motorbike from Ha Giang to Meo Vac takes about 8 hours (depends on your driving skills)
- if you can – take a bout 2 days to reach Meo Vac on motorbike
- You can stop and stay in Yen Minh (there are also some nice places for visit)
- from Ha Giang to Meo Vac you will be traveling on QL4C road (via Dong Van town)
- roads in Ha Giang Province are dangerous, you have to drive slowly
- it is good to know – there were also some motorbike accidents
- do not take an automatic scooter (semi-automatic motorbike is a good and cheap)
- You can book and rent a motorbike in Ha Giang online with Bikesbooking icon-external-link-square
- before you go to Meo Vac – obtain your IDP – International Driving Permitt!
There are 2 popular travel routes how you can travel on motorbike to Meo Vac town:
- 1. From Ha Giang > Tam Son > Yen Minh > Dong Van > Meo Vac
- 2. From Ha Giang > Bac Me > Bao Lam > Meo Vac > Dong Van and go back to Ha Giang
3. Book a tour to Ha Giang / Dong Van Geopark
- another possibility how to explore Ha Giang province
- you can also book a private tour for about 2, 3, 5, 7 … days
- there are various tours to Ha Giang (motorbike tour, trekking, trail tour, private transfers…)
- english-speaking local tour guides from northern Vietnam, from Ha Giang, Hanoi…
- you can read reviews and check prices of these tours on Tourradar
- Book your private tour or motorcycle loop to Ha Giang online with Tourradar icon-external-link-square
Is there a train or flight from Ha Giang town to Meo Vac town?
- No, there is no train and no airport in Ha Giang Province, it is not possible to travel by train and plane.
icon-info-circle FAQ + TIPS – Travel from Ha Giang to Meo Vac:
How to book and buy bus tickets from Ha Giang to Meo Vac?
- You can book and buy bus tickets to Meo Vac from Ha Giang on Baolau.
- You can also search another routes, e.g. Ha Giang > Sapa, Ha Giang > Hanoi…
How to book a tour to Ha Giang province?
- You can search and book a tour to Ha Giang easily online. You can search and book various tours to Vietnam online with Tourradar. It is one of the biggest and popular company focused in Vietnam.
Is it possible to rent a motorbike in Ha Giang?
- Yes you can rent a motorbike, but this option is a good way for experienced motorbike drivers and IDP is necessary. If you do not have any motorbike skills – travel by bus to Meo Vac town. You can book your motorbike in Ha Giang or Hanoi online with Bikesbooking. Roads and mountain passes in Ha Giang Province are dangerous and it is necessary to drive slowly. Check your motorbike before you depart.
How long does it take to travel from Ha Giang to Meo Vac?
- Travel by bus/minibus from Ha Giang to Meo Vac takes about 6-6.5 hours.
- Travel on motorbike from Ha Giang to Meo Vac takes about 8 hours (depends on your driving skills).
How much does it cost to get from Ha Giang to Meo Vac?
- Travel by bus/minibus from Ha Giang to Meo Vac costs about $6-7/pp.
- Travel on motorbike from Ha Giang to Meo Vac costs about $7-10 (semi-automatic motorbike for 1 day).
What is the travel distance from Ha Giang to Meo Vac?
- Travel distance from Ha Giang to Meo Vac is about 170 km by bus or motorbike (via QL4C road, Dong Van town).
Is there a train from Ha Giang to Meo Vac?
- No, there is no train from Ha Giang to Meo Vac, there is no railway, it is not possible to travel by train.
Is there a flight to Meo Vac from Ha Giang?
- No, there is no flight from Ha Giang town to Meo Vac town, it is not possible to travel by plane.
We are traveling on motorbike to Meo Vac, where to stop?
Where to stay in Ha Giang province?
- You can find various accommodation in every town in this province. There are homestays, guesthouses, cheap hotels. Prices are low and you can also book your accommodation in Ha Giuang online > Accommodation in Ha Giang
Why to travel to Meo Vac?
- Because about 4 km from Meo Vac town you can see and visit famous Ma Pi Leng Pass. It is one of the most amazing mountains passes in northern Vietnam. Meo Vac is also a part of popular Ha Giang Motorbike Loop.
icon-arrow-circle-right Book your bus tickets from Ha Giang to Meo Vac + Schedule:
(You can change your departure, arrival, eg. Ha Giang > Dong Van, Meo Vac > Ha Giang…)
Mai Chau to Ninh Binh icon-angle-double-right